Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had a good think my friends and offically have a new favorite player.

Over the years I have come to love Roy Keane, respect Ronnie for being a superstar, be in awe of Maldini but have only have 1 favorite player:

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Ive gone thought much hurt and pain but I have to accpet his football carrer is comming to an end.

After much consiteration and deliberation I am going to annouce my new favorite player... drum role...

Gabriel Heinze



What a footballer. Has brang a new air of confidence to the Manchester United team. Gildes along the ground tackles as hard as nail, has wonderful skill, gets into the right postion, never stops running and is reliable as they come. In a word; underrated.

Remember that name - Gabriel Heinze





 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,318 Posts
Yep, Heinze has become a firm fan's favourite well before his 1st season at the club is over.

Got to admire his determination & ability to adapt. Can't be easy coming to this dreary climate and settling.

Really good signing, arguably the best of the summer.

One thing though, this might be best left to the 'Manchester United' forum mate. People on here are generally very anti-United (aren't they always).

Good shout south melbourne :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
625 Posts
IMO Zambrotta and Ashley Cole are clearly better than Heinze.
From what I saw, Jankulovski is also better.
Kaladze is on the same level as Heinze, if not better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,074 Posts
Genjuro said:
IMO Zambrotta and Ashley Cole are clearly better than Heinze.
Kaladze is on the same level as Heinze.
That's why I said one of the best in the world, not the best. However, Heinze has progressed a lot this season and shouldn't be considered any less than Zambrotta or Cole.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
865 Posts
Heinze is a good player. Nothing more than that... But I can see why Manure fans are so excited about him, first decent left back since god knows when.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
625 Posts
O Glorioso said:
That's why I said one of the best in the world, not the best. However, Heinze has progressed a lot this season and shouldn't be considered any less than Zambrotta or Cole.
I'm not saying Heinze is a bad player. Instead, he is a good player and a fighter, no doubt.
But to say he is on par with Zambrotta or Cole is exaggeration.

Defensively, he is doing a good job. But he has a problem : he tends to lose his position. Against Arsenal away this season, he was nowhere to be seen when Bergkamp scored at the left side. Against MILAN away in CL, he lost h is position again when Cafu ran along the flank and crossed the ball to Crespo. Take a look at the pic.

Before this moment, before Nesta launched the long ball to Cafu, he was at left side, but somehow he moved to the center and left huge space for Cafu to exploit. This forced Silvestre run toward the left side to stop Cafu, therefore left a big gap in the box, then Ferdinand lost Crespo, then conceded the goal.

Offensively he is not as dangerous as Zambrotta or Cole. This is obvious to see.

Anyway, a good player, but not great.
 

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
Joined
·
18,041 Posts
He is not a LB, that is the reason why he isn't as good as Zambrotta or Cole attacking. But anyway he showed once more that he deal with any challenge, and he makes better than survive. A picture doesn't mean a thing, nor three whole bad matches to say he loose position, mainly what makes him a very good defensive player is precisly his great anticipation and position in the field, because he is not loaded in skills. For instance do you knoe if he was there because he went to attack and someone had to make his relevo?, only Fergie and him knows that from this picture for instance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,614 Posts
I guess when Cafu got the ball, he was up there after attacking. Silvestre was nearer to Cafu and he was too far from Cafu. Rather than trying to catch Cafu which might be too late and Silvestre was in position to cover Cafu, it's a common behaviour to go for centre back position for a while as he saw danger was there.
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
Genjuro said:
I'm not saying Heinze is a bad player. Instead, he is a good player and a fighter, no doubt.
But to say he is on par with Zambrotta or Cole is exaggeration.

Defensively, he is doing a good job. But he has a problem : he tends to lose his position. Against Arsenal away this season, he was nowhere to be seen when Bergkamp scored at the left side. Against MILAN away in CL, he lost h is position again when Cafu ran along the flank and crossed the ball to Crespo. Take a look at the pic.

Before this moment, before Nesta launched the long ball to Cafu, he was at left side, but somehow he moved to the center and left huge space for Cafu to exploit. This forced Silvestre run toward the left side to stop Cafu, therefore left a big gap in the box, then Ferdinand lost Crespo, then conceded the goal.

Offensively he is not as dangerous as Zambrotta or Cole. This is obvious to see.

Anyway, a good player, but not great.



where the fuk is the RB ?

oh , don't bother answering, it is Mr braindead Wesley Brown aint it ? :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,634 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
where the fuk is the RB ?

oh , don't bother answering, it is Mr braindead Wesley Brown aint it ? :D
lol
Seriously though, where the **** is he??? He ain't even close in midfield:howler:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,074 Posts
Genjuro said:
I'm not saying Heinze is a bad player. Instead, he is a good player and a fighter, no doubt.
But to say he is on par with Zambrotta or Cole is exaggeration.

Defensively, he is doing a good job. But he has a problem : he tends to lose his position. Against Arsenal away this season, he was nowhere to be seen when Bergkamp scored at the left side. Against MILAN away in CL, he lost h is position again when Cafu ran along the flank and crossed the ball to Crespo. Take a look at the pic.

Before this moment, before Nesta launched the long ball to Cafu, he was at left side, but somehow he moved to the center and left huge space for Cafu to exploit. This forced Silvestre run toward the left side to stop Cafu, therefore left a big gap in the box, then Ferdinand lost Crespo, then conceded the goal.

Offensively he is not as dangerous as Zambrotta or Cole. This is obvious to see.

Anyway, a good player, but not great.
Your point is well taken... However, I think it is wrong to judge a player solely on a picture. I could easily say that he was coming back from an attacking position and Silvestre was in better position to challenge the ball. This also happens to Ashley Cole.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
625 Posts
vinsea said:
I guess when Cafu got the ball, he was up there after attacking. Silvestre was nearer to Cafu and he was too far from Cafu. Rather than trying to catch Cafu which might be too late and Silvestre was in position to cover Cafu, it's a common behaviour to go for centre back position for a while as he saw danger was there.
That's not the case.
The goal didn't happen after MILAN counter attack.
The following pictures will show you the scenario. Heinze was in red circle in every picture.

1) Heinze passed the ball to Rooney at ManUtd's left side



2) Rooney lost the ball.



3) Cafu was ready to throw in. Heinze was not in the pic



4) Cafu was going to throw in. Heinze was at his position



5) Cafu was going to throw in.



6) Nest got the ball.



7) Nesta launched a long ball to Cafu



8) Heinze lost position.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,074 Posts
Genjuro said:
That's not the case.
The goal didn't happen after MILAN counter attack.
The following pictures will show you the scenario. Heinze was in red circle in every picture.

1) Heinze passed the ball to Rooney at ManUtd's left side



2) Rooney lost the ball.



3) Cafu was ready to throw in. Heinze was not in the pic



4) Cafu was going to throw in. Heinze was at his position



5) Cafu was going to throw in.



6) Nest got the ball.



7) Nesta launched a long ball to Cafu



8) Heinze lost position.
Alright, now that's a lot clearer. However, I don't think the fault should be given to Heinze for that. But, he was clearly out of position.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
625 Posts
Fangio said:
He is not a LB, that is the reason why he isn't as good as Zambrotta or Cole attacking. But anyway he showed once more that he deal with any challenge, and he makes better than survive. A picture doesn't mean a thing, nor three whole bad matches to say he loose position, mainly what makes him a very good defensive player is precisly his great anticipation and position in the field, because he is not loaded in skills. For instance do you knoe if he was there because he went to attack and someone had to make his relevo?, only Fergie and him knows that from this picture for instance.
Fangio, you point is well taken.
I don't know he wasn't a LB before.
I'm not saying he is a bad player. He is a good player. I just don't agree he is one of the best LBs in the world. It is not true IMO.

Maybe he can play as CB in ManUtd. I don't see ManUtd has a better defender apart from Ferdinand. And he is certain better, actually way better, than Silvestre.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,608 Posts
Wonderful series of events. A pictures speak a thousand words indeed..

Comic relief: Notice how Heinz was looking away daydreaming in picture 5. And "Cafu was going to throw in" lasted 3 frames.. that was really funny.

"Cafu is going to throw in.. he's going to throw in.. he's going to throw it.. throw it.. throw it, dammit!" :D
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top