Xtratime Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is he has good as the media says or is it just another case of the British media building up the new big thing?

In my opinion, he is one of the fastest players I have seen but either then that, I am yet to be convinced of his capabilities especially if he reaches the world stage. He is technically poor, can't link up and isn't very clever in his movement. He seems to be scoring goals but Im yet to be convinced by his finishing. In my honest opinion he is a brilliant super sub, who can stretch defences for the last 20 minutes but I can't see him doing much more then that

Your Thoughts?

·
Registered
59,507 Posts
He's been doing well in my fantasy football team.

Hope for Villa fans, he won't turn out to be a 2nd Aaron Lennon cos that really is frustrating to watch

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
He's a good player and getting better.....dont think playing him up front by himself does him any favours ala the weekend game!

As his confidence builds, so will his game. I didnt rate him prior to this season but he does seem to be learning fast and maturing..I would expect the negative points of his game (as you've stated) to improve with confidence, age and experience - he's still got a huge amount to learn.

Definately a good prospect for the future with the right guidance.

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
I agree with Millwall_Rule - You just described Gabby in a nutshell. His biggest crime is that he's lazy. Dimitar Berbatov is lazy but he's allowed to because he's that good.

Gabby is a poor finisher, and I'm not convinced by his footballing brain either. He's 22 and he's not the answer to England's problems, and he will never be. And if Villa ever reach the next level i.e. Champions League, he won't cut it for them - Shame really, because I quite like the fella.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
:nono: no-one called him 'Gabby', they called him 'Batigol', Gabby is the name of the big jugged bimbo Yorath on my telly not a name of a top striker :pp

'Agbonlagol' would be ok

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
:nono: no-one called him 'Gabby', they called him 'Batigol', Gabby is the name of the big jugged bimbo Yorath on my telly not a name of a top striker :pp

'Agbonlagol' would be ok
It is Logan now not Yorath:pp.Fans and pundits called him Gabby as well

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
I think he's a very good Premier League striker, but nothing more. I do think though that with Villa's front three of Young/Carew/Agbonlahor they are set up very well to play against the top 4.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry If this is a wrong area..can an admin move it to a better place.

Ashley Young is all class and should have a permanent place on the England team. Top class winger. Technically very good, very quick, loves to beat players and one of the best crossers in England. All class.

I think the Aston Villa three forwards work so well as they are suited to each other. Young's crosses feed the aerial ability of Carew, Carew's flick ons seem to stretch defences for Agbonlahor and Agbonlahor seems to scare defences and make them deepen, giving Young more time on the ball.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
very much set up to counter attack though, we will see how they cope with buses parked, as it seems more and more teams will do this at Villa Park now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts