Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:thmbup:

Hungarian goalkeeper Gabor Kiraly has signed a two-and-a-half-year contract extension with Crystal Palace.

The custodian is now under contract at Selhurst Park until June 2009.

Kiraly joined The Eagles last summer from Hertha Berlin and, after displacing Julian Speroni who started the season in Iain Dowie's starting XI, has firmly established himself as the club's number one.

His form is one of the major reasons why Palace still have a realistic chance of avoiding relegation, and is reported to have attracted interest from Arsenal.

However, the 28-year-old has now pledged his future to Palace, and insists he is confident the club will be in the top-flight come next season.

"I concentrate only on Crystal Palace," Kiraly told the club's official website. "I wanted to stay here by all means.

"I have aims with Crystal Palace and I want to achieve them. To achieve these targets would be the greatest thing.

"If I was not confident Palace would stay in The Premiership, I would not be here.

"We have one single target this season and that is to stay in this league, which must be achieved at all costs."

Palace boss Dowie expressed his delight at Kiraly's decision to sign on, and challenged the keeper to maintain his impressive form.

"We are delighted to see Gabor sign this new contract," Dowie stated.

"He has done really well since joining us in pre-season and we hope he continues the outstanding form which he has shown throughout the season.

"There wasn't ever a doubt about Gabor signing a new contract and it's a great boost to myself, the management team, the players and the fans to see him commit his future to this club."

skysports.planetfootball.com

Excellent news :thmbup: At least we stand a chance of getting a fee for him now if we go down;)

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Great news! For me he's our best player. Imagine where we'd be in the table if we had kept Speroni :(. AJ is great as well ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts