Kleber - Porto

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Nice list, but where is Neymar?

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Still even if theres a Brazilian players called Neymar needs to rest.

Kleber not very impressive but he manages to score some goals.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
He's alright. not a world beater so this kinda is a suprise - but after you watch him play theres no other choise but to love that kid and root for him.

Too bad it's only Europeans, cause I think Weillington Nem would be deserving that "little demon running havoc" spot more then Dudu.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
:D Mano's smart about picking his opponents. Germany and Holland was too much for him apperently

I'd be more worried about your club team then your national team tho Lit. No one stepps up, whats going on.

·
Registered
522 Posts
He's alright. not a world beater so this kinda is a suprise - but after you watch him play theres no other choise but to love that kid and root for him.

Too bad it's only Europeans, cause I think Weillington Nem would be deserving that "little demon running havoc" spot more then Dudu.
:howler:

·
Scudetto
23,337 Posts
Ganso injured again? Or is he not good enough anymore? Where is magicman Ronaldinho?

EDIT: Ignore this post :D

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Ganso could be back to the next Santos game, although I think it'll be better not to rush anything.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
I can barely contain the excitement for these matches!

...wait, "excitement" isn't the word I'm looking for. What is is that I can barely contain when thinking about these matches?

Aah, I got it: the word I'm looking for is APATHY. I can barely contain my apathy. Gabon?? :palm: I'm not sure I see the point. If we beat them it's meaningless, and anything but victory would be a crushing embarassment.

I guess the upside is that (in theory at least) the opposing team's lack of credibility should improve the chances of Mano getting sacked in case of another bad result. :mute:

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Thats how to look at it Grinch!!!

Anyway-

This is the lineup I want

-----------Neto
DAlves -TSilva-DLuiz-Marcelo
--LLeiva--Hernanes-Sandro
---------Kaka
---Hulk---------RedCarded player- Id rather play with 10, than any of the options available :D

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I can barely contain the excitement for these matches!

...wait, "excitement" isn't the word I'm looking for. What is is that I can barely contain when thinking about these matches?

Aah, I got it: the word I'm looking for is APATHY. I can barely contain my apathy. Gabon?? :palm: I'm not sure I see the point. If we beat them it's meaningless, and anything but victory would be a crushing embarassment.

I guess the upside is that (in theory at least) the opposing team's lack of credibility should improve the chances of Mano getting sacked in case of another bad result. :mute:
Well, if you are not interested don't bother to post!

I am interested in your view as to who you wish to have as replacement tecnico though.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
I'm not sure there's a specific obvious name, though there are several managers who are better than Mano. I've said before that Joel Santana is a better manager than Mano, and I wasn't kidding. But if Natalino doesn't ring your bells we also have Luxemburgo, Muricy, Autuori... any of these managers are better than Mano, even if none of them would be unanymously approved by both fans and media (Luxemburgo has a reputation of sometimes clashing with star players, Muricy can be just as hostile to the media as Dunga was, Paulo Autuori spent most of his career abroad in leagues nobody watches, and so on). We could put all their names in a hat and pick one, or throw a bouquet in the air and watch them physically fight for it (in which case Abel Braga would outmuscle all the others).

And perhaps apathy wasn't the right word after all... because the topic itself definitely interests me, even if the state of our NT fills me with ennui. I despair at the poor choices and lack of tactical variations, at the crushing predictability of a prestigious NT that's going to be hosting the next WC - and that currently can't be seriously considered a candidate to win said WC (based on performances).

The call-up for these two friendlies did little to ease my concerns. This call-up was an open net being thrown in the water, as we continue searching for those elusive midfielders and strikers who might finally fill the spaces where Felipe Melos, Diegos, Grafites and Freds wandered through so opaquely. Looking at this call-up I'm reminded of Falcão casting a wide net after the 1990 WC, and even though he was soon sacked that search did unearth new jewels for the NT, such as Mauro Silva and Cafu. Will we find some of the solutions we've been looking for somewhere in this list? Can Willian and Dudu establish themselves as credible options for the NT like Lucas, Cortes and Damião did? Let's hope so. Because we desperately need to finish this testing stage and proceed to polishing out a competitive squad ASAP, because otherwise a historical disaster awaits in our future.

About the friendlies themselves... I don't see the benefit of playing Gabon at this stage of our preparation, but Egypt can actually be an interesting challenge considering the players who were called. If the plan is to test a bunch of new players in the NT's system, then throwing those players against an organized A-level NT would probably go badly, and also contribute very little to the evaluation of the new players' usefulness to the team. But I have a hard time getting excited, considering how dull our recent performances have been (and that includes the comeback against Mexico, because 10-15 minutes of disorganized determination aren't enough to save 75-80 minutes of narcolepsy).

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
1 - 20 of 62 Posts