Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this is about soccer but no irish forum can go without an article about the GAA one of the most exciting games in the world.I would like to ask people what their predictions is for the upcoming championship in both football and hurling.

MEATH 2002
o'sullivan
o'reilly fay cormac murphy

reynolds giles curtis

crawford cullinane

even kelly niall kelly? kiely

OLLIE MURPHY GERAGHTY magee

COME ON MEATH!!! what your predictions if your from IRELAND

BOYLAN IS GOD.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I live over accross the atlantic and know little about it unfortunetely. So tell me which teams are playing in what competitions and who were the champs last year and what you think the chances of the different teams are.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I hope Derry win the Ulster title this year - I don't think we're good enough to win the Sam though.

Last year's semi final defeat by Galway was heart breaking. We were meant to go out on the piss in Dublin but we all ended up moping about in the hotel trying to not be really pissed off.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Sorry to tell you Irish_Gunner but it looks like Ollie Murphy will be out for Sundays clash with the Lakeland county (who were crap against Carlow).

Cokane, Derry look good for Ulster, especially since Armagh blew the whole thing wide open on Sunday by beating Tyrone.

I'll be predictable and say Galway for Connacht and Kerry for Munster.

I'm off down to Carlow to see the Dubs play Wexford on Saturday, still trying to organise transport. I'd say Leinster will be either us or the Royals.

Regarding the all-Ireland one of Galway, Kerry or Meath

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry to tell all Dublin fans but after Dublin scrapping past ???????????????????????????Wexford???????????????and Meath today with an impressive win againnst Wesrmeath without Ollie Murphy playin well or scoring I think it will be a good game and I hope that we will win-------------------TREVOR GILES IS THE BEST FOOTBALLER IN IRELAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!----------- sorry to admit though that it is between galway and the winners of ulster for the all-ireland and as long as offaly or kildare dont win the leinster.

COME ON THE ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY THAT ROY MALONE OF RHODE AND OFFALY IS THE WOST FOOTBALLER IN ALL OR IRELAND!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I was at the Dubs match and the only excitement and entertainment on offer were the scummers up beside me beating the ****e out of one another. Left with 10 minutes to go.

·
Registered
313 Posts
What about the 5 streakers!!!!!

Seriously though I was in dismal form after Carlow on Saturday. If Wexford had believed for a moment that they could have beaten us they would have. I just hope that Brogan still had his mind on his exams! Cahill was good in the first half but, like all the backs had a poor second half. Whelo was good but hit some awful wides. At least we won't be hyped up before the Meath game, though I'm not very confident at all.

As for Roy Malone, he was in Kevin Street when I went there and some of the girls I hung around with thought he was a babe. Meant to be a nice guy, but not the brightest.

PS Trevor Giles, great footballer, but looks like Kermit the Frog!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
The Meath game is in Croker I hear and not Thurles (correct?). Whats the capacity now? 80 thousand? Or is the Hogan not finished yet.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Yeah Croker in 3 weeks time. I'd imagine the capacity is up to over 70,000 so there should be no probelms getting tickets.

Shame Curraner is out as he was good for the time he was on at the weekend and allways plays well against the royals.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How bad were Dublin.?.
Meath were class but last year we hammered Kerry and then got hammered by Galway so dont be so worried boys
:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: ;) ;) ;) ;)

UP THE ROYALS
watch out for John Cullinane

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Cullinane did'nt last 5 minutes!!

I was at the game yesterday. 66,000 at the game and still loads of seats left. What a class stadium it is now. It has to be a venue for 2008.

GO ON THE DUBS!!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
A great great day for the Dubs. The full-back line was immense, allways been a fan of Paddy, but Goggins (who came down to Gaffneys afterwards) played a captains role and Barry Cahill had a great game for a 20 year old. Brogan and Moran were magic in the first half. It looked like it was shaping up to be a real old-school Dubs-Meath game with the typical royal come back, but Sullivan gifted us the second goal. Boylan reckoned it was free out, but on the Sunday Game you could see Cossie was nowhere near him when he dropped it. I went absolutely bananas.

Totally forgot about the World Cup and the disappointment.
Lets hope we can excorcise the ghost of the 2000 Leinster final against the Lillies.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Personally I thought Goggins had an absolute mare in the first half, but sure there ye go. Oh Lord I remember at half time against the lilywhites the last time me and me mates were thinking of heading to Fagans early cos we thought the game was over at half time.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was sick on sunday but ye deserve it and well done cause ye have a team like meath had in 1996 when we brought in a load of young lads like ye do now and ye look very impressive so fair play,good luck and i hope ye beat kildare.

watch us in the back door!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

·
Registered
313 Posts
After Saturday evening great escape part 100 from the Royals and the draw being kinfd to them, they still have a part to play no doubt.

·
Registered
313 Posts
What a day yesterday was!! Ok, defense was a bit shaky at times and midfield was well beaten but talk about getting revenge for 2000!! Can't really say anything about analysis wise as of yet as I h avent' seen a video and the second half was just too nerve wracking !! Best day weatherwise too!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well done to dublin and i was delighted to see you winning,but i hope that we beat donegal on sunday and maybe just maybe get another crack at the dubs who would not get such handy goals againn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UP THE ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
by the way donal-----------ARSENAL ARE THE DOUBLE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

won the league at man utd and more to come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts