Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fyrom??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, can a mod please tell me why there is a Macedonia forum when the name causes so much provacation? There was a debate in the political forum but it was soon locked as some Greeks called some FYROM members Skopjians. This is there capital. It is like a thread being closed because someone calls Italians Romans However it was good natured from what i read

the problem is the Greeks don't recognise these people who we believe are bulgarian speaking slavs taking the name Macedonia and claiming its ancestory. However that is what the Greeks think and has nothing to do with anything. However i believe this is a football forum anyway - as it says when you log on 'Talk Football!'. Just because the EU thinks that Macedonia is an invalid name for what it still calls FYROM (Former Yughoslav Republic of Macedonia), surely the fact that UEFA and FIFA call the country FYROM too should surely indicate that not only in EU politics but also in Sporting inferstructure FYROM is the official name.
Just because a country descides to change its name, like for example England renaming scotland, 'Northern England', LOL or something that ridiculous, it doesn't mean we all have to believe the propaghanda especially when it is not even politically recognised by the EU.
Look forward to your response,

Reaper

i posted this on the suggestions forum and i was closed down first post, saying it was agrred to keep the 'status quo' by a yugoslav moderator.

So you guys agreed to to call them macedonia or they agreed it and kept the name?

No swearing please as i want this thread to last over one post to see what happened here :thmbup:

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
This is a subject that has been highly charged and we will not go down this road again.

Please look over the sticky thread entitled Notification.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.