Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let you guys know: I saw AC Roma play Benfica in a friendly at Giants Stadium in New Jersey on Saturday night. I only went because of Cafu and the other Brazilians.

The match was OK. About 50 percent of the fans were Portuguese from New Jersey. The rest were MetroStars (MLS) fans who stayed from the game before.

Cafu, Marco Assuncao and Aldair started for Roma. Assuncao left in the first half because of injury. He didn't do anything in the game. Antonio Carlos came on to start the second half.

Cafu moved from right wing to midfield when Assuncao was hurt, and he played pretty well, but he didn't run as much. Have you guys ever seen him playing midfield? I had never seen it before.

Aldair looked fresh and young, and he was solid in defense. But the American referee said he committed a foul in the penalty area on a corner kick. Benfica scored the penalty. Final score was 1-1.

Game was pretty boring. Nothing special to report. Sorry.

Highlight of the even was seeing Antonio Carlos sign items for fans at halftime. He signed EVERYTHING, including a Paolo Maldini Milan shirt, a Juventus shirt and an ARGENTINA flag! I was screaming for him to throw it back unsigned, but he didn't hear me. I guess my voice was gone because I was screaming for Cafu so much.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i just read at http://www.gazetaesportiva.com.br that marcos assuncao was selected for some upcoming brazil games. i don't know how bad his injury was saturday night, but it did not look too bad. i think he hurt his leg or ankle (right). he tried to play for a few minutes, but then limped off the field.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Good advising falcao :) tell Antonio Carlos to pay attention on what he sings :)

cafu started his career as an ofensive midfielder, then we became a defensive one....than FALCAO put him at right back...were initially he was a disaster. Then he came back to Sao Paulo after Copa AMerica 91, with his reputation totally broken...and Tele Santana made a special training on him, putting him at the right wing....that's were he was BRILLIANT...that Sao Paulo team is one of the 2 best teams i've seen in my life....the other one is the Flamengo of the early 80's with Zico and Cia.
Then Cafu went back to the right back, were today he is undisputed #1 of the brazilian team after, the brilliant Jorginho left national duty in 95

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
Pelo Corinthians, com muito amor...ate o fim.
LHP - THE WORLD IS OURS!!!

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Thanks falcao :)
one thing that I don't know is were wil I see the game of the 2 coutries I most lived in: Wales x Brazil :(
I need to find a brazilian bar that shows the game URGENTLY!! :)
I was in the last Brazil x Wales in Brasilia, that hame was easier than a warm up session...Rivaldo just cruised thorough the game..and Wales were crap....even Dean Saunders!

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
Pelo Corinthians, com muito amor...ate o fim.
LHP - THE WORLD IS OURS!!!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
------------------------------------------
ze da fiel, how long did you live in wales? i didn't know it was a very long time that you lived in wales and brazil. i thought you lived in england!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts