• Wendell (Leverkusen)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We've been witnessing the era of ordinary FBs (CBs too), but things might look up soon in the LB department with some promising LBs beginning to emerge lately.

It's a discussion about them. Also, vote for the LB you think will turn out to be the best of the bunch.

Note: Darmian is a RB who can play LB, but he's comfortable enough as a LB to where he can be signed as one.

Fangio, Ze, and co., let us know if anyone should be mentioned from South American footie.

·
Registered
11,822 Posts
From an Arsenal observer's perspective, Monreal surprised me this season. I know he isn't a spring chicken, but he was quite shit the season before last.

His performances in the 2014/15 campaign have been a revelation, especially as Gibbs is injury prone (and a bit shit).

·
Registered
12,545 Posts
Gaya is sick. I hope he gets picked over Alba at the NT soon enough.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,838 Posts
Gaya for me. Been amazing all season and was the best LB in La Liga. Considering he just turned 20, sky is the limit for this kid.

Moreno belongs on that list too.

·
Registered
42,461 Posts
From an Arsenal observer's perspective, Monreal surprised me this season. I know he isn't a spring chicken, but he was quite shit the season before last.

His performances in the 2014/15 campaign have been a revelation, especially as Gibbs is injury prone (and a bit shit).
I think Monreal was quite highly rated back in Spain, for some players it can take some time adapting to another country. And in Nacho's case, it took some time for him to nail down a regular spot in the XI. I've heard him give a few interviews and his English seems quite good, that could be another reason why he's more settled now as an Arsenal player.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Why isn't Kolasinac in the list? Very underrated defender but at just 21 he has huge potential and a bright future ahead of him.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Not sure why Darmian is on this list when his main position is as a RB and he's already 25 years old, hardly a 'prospect' any more these days is he. I guess it was done for the sake of having an Italian in. :D

Kolasinac and Jonny Castro could be included in this list as well. Some other good prospects may be Jeremy Dudziak and Ruben Duarte, although I'm not so sure these guys have the potential to be amongst the best in their position in the future.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,838 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts