Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would just post my thoughts on the often overhyped future Australian talents.

I think the player most likely to play at Premiership level is Bruce Djite. At the moment he isn't there but it was the right time for him to move overseas. Bruce Djite is definetly capable of holding up the ball. He is strong, physical and is technically good. He can link up well with the midfield, and he seems to get into positions to score enough 'scrappy' goals. To take himself to that next level though Bruce needs to improve his finishing which I feel is his biggest weakness as a striker.

Nathan Burns is another I feel could make it at Premier League level. He is very very quick and he is very smart in terms of his movement. He can get in behind defences and he is a good finisher and is technically astute. I think to get to that next level Burns firstly needs to build up a bit as he is still quite skinny. He also needs to improve his link up play and his ability to beat a man in one on one situations using something either then his pace, as at the higher levels this will be exposed.

I thought I would talk about a player originally thought for big things Kaz Patafta. This kid could have been Australia's top youngster but something has gone wrong, but he is the first Australian youngster for a while who has the real ability to change a game, an X-Factor if you will. Patafta is still very raw and needs to really start to develop if he is ever going to fill his potential.

I think Spiranovic is another capable of making it at a fairly high level. The kid physically is very dominating. He is very tall, strong and also quite quick for a big guy. Spiranovic though showed in the Olympics how smart a defender he is and I have big hopes for him. Still Spiranovic needs to improve defensively more, and needs to continue to improve to bring the ball out of defence.

James Holland burst onto the scene last season and does look to have a bright future. Athletiscm plays a big part in the A League and Holland is very quick and hardworking but he is also quite strong technically. I am unsure of whether Van Egmond is training Holland to in the end be a striker or midfielder but in both cases finishing and overall midfield play need to be improved.

I think I will next look at Adrian Leijer whose career seems to be stagnating at Fulham. Leijer is your old fashioned English centrehalf, big, strong and no nonsense. I havn't seem him play since he left the A League so his development is unknown to me but I feel he will have to play more to develop.

I will look at other talents later

·
*the drum drum*
43,003 Posts
Djite just scored his first league goal this weekend, he's not really setting anything alight and neither is his team.

Kaz Patafta is too lightweight, and I don't mean by A-League standards but by first class football standards full stop. Benfica threw him into the weights room, but he wasn't there for long enough to stick to the program they'd set for him.

If he makes it, he'll be paving the way for a new generation of Australian football talents, a bunch with superior technical ability compared to the past/current generation, and with the ability to think outside the box. If he doesn't make it, it doesn't matter because there are kids going around with the same potential and even more.

Unless the state run programs cause a road block on development, which is highly possible, youth players are coming through 11, 12 and 13 years old with a higher degree of technical ability compared to even 5 or 10 years ago. I call them the YouTube generation, they're clearly benefiting from it :D

The issue will be if these kids are overlooked for the stronger but less able boys when it comes to state selections, because as you know if you slip through the cracks at an early age, your chances of 'making it' reduce dramatically. Blame the system.

EDIT - Troisi scored a cracker too, I'll get the match highlights up in a few minutes time :thumbsup:

·
*the drum drum*
43,003 Posts

·
*the drum drum*
43,003 Posts
Dijitey scored another last night, his team lost at home to the worst side in the league 2-1.

He's starting to make something of himself though, I have to hand it to this kid he is always improving from game to game. When I first saw him play for Adelaide I was shocked at how bad he was, but now he's doing quite well and could end the season with a decent tally of goals.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Troisi will be so much than Djite.

Djite's game is so basic. Whilst he is strong, he's not that quick and only scores easy chances. I expect him to fail in Europe to be honest.

Troisi is class though. Quick, versatile and got an excellent passing range. Can play any number of positions.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
I don't think Brooce will fail in Europe, I think he'll forge a solid career for himself in the second tier leagues. He's not exactly going to line-up for AC Milan any time soon but he'll score enough goals in leagues like Belgium and Switzerland.

If anyone is going to fail in Europe it's Nathan Burns. He went far too early, he is too lightweight to handle the pace and physicality at the moment. He hasn't even played for AEK yet while Djite is starting at Genclerbirligi. Djite was ready to go, Burns wasn't. He should've stayed another season with Adelaide so I fully expect Burns to either slink about Europe or come here within a year or two.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Burns could probably figure in for one of the smaller clubs in Greece. He is not ready to start for AEK though.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Federici scored against Cardiff in literally the last minute of the game to make the scoreline 1-1 after Cardiff had scored in the 89th minute.

With him doing well while Hahnemann is injured he can really become the first choice goalkeeper. People are already saying that his distribution is great as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Gombak Nicks Aussie Gem

Unknown 21-year-old defensive midfielder Goran Subara, from the NSW Super League, has signed a one year deal with S-League club Gombak United.

Gombak general manager Lawrence Lau tells au.fourfourtwo.com that the young Aussie has impressed the coaching staff at the club despite being a virtual unknown in his homeland.

“He’s looking good,” he said. “We headhunted him. We’re aware he played in the lower leagues with Bonnyrigg but you can sometimes find gems from these leagues.”

Subara played the last three seasons at Bonnyrigg before leaving the club last season. With few options in Australia, a meeting with former Socceroo Milan Blagojevic smoothed the way for him to get a shot playing professionally in an Asian league.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
good on him, the S-League has a great reputation in Asia, if theyre gonna gamble on him that means he has something.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
Troisi hat trick for Genclerbirligi, good stuff.

·
*the drum drum*
43,003 Posts
That Subara guy wasn't retained by Bonnyrigg after they got promoted to the Premier League, I wonder who made the mistake Bonnyrigg or the Singaporeans?

Troisi also won a penalty I think, but the team missed it. I'll see about getting the highlights of that match online tomorrow.

·
Registered
28,216 Posts
The ref and both the linesmen from last nights grand final are definitely all very talented :howler:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts