Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I agree with you that Argentina has many young talents and I was very lucky to be able to watch some of them play. I'm a Malaysian and I was there to watch the World Youth Championship in 1997. As you stated before, Roman Riquelme, Pablo Aimar, Leonardo Cufre, Esteban cambiasso, Lionel Scaloni and Diego Placente really shone out. I got a real trill watching them beating Brazil 2-0. Hey, that might repeat again in probably World Cup 2006 final? I'll keep my fingers cross.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Earlier this year, I wrote and published this list of Argentinean youngsters for a British web site. I selected 26 Argentinean players that in my opinion would have an excellent future in football, I investigated their past histories, and wrote the comments / descriptions on the abilities of all the players. In order for a player to qualify he could not be over the age of 21 so I was not allowed to select players such as Samuel, Mendez, Romeo, Quiroga and Placente as they are over the age of 21. I honestly believe that this generation of Argentinean players is the most talented ever, much stronger and more complete than today's generation of players. For this reason, I am confident that we will dominate the beautiful game of football for the next 10-15 years (at least I hope so) I hope you enjoy the list. It took me quite a while to put it together. But, my love for Argentina is so great, that it was a pleasure to compose this list.

Name: Juan Roman Riquelme
Current Club: Boca Juniors (Arg)
DOB: 24/6/78
Position: Attacking Midfielder
Previous Clubs: None
Comments: The quintessential attacking midfielder or creative play maker. Riquelme, seems to possess all the attributes of a level headed star. An excellent dribbler, Riquelme also maintains a high degree of precision and is therefore a very accurate passer of the ball. He also has an equally strong shot with either foot. Also, renowned for his physical balance, competitive work rate and effectiveness from set pieces. Performed very admirably for the senior national side during last year’s Copa America Tournament that was held in Paraguay, in where he was given the opportunity of leading Argentina’s offence. He was also an important part of Argentina’s 1997 youth winning championship side. Many of the larger European clubs such as Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus have monitored his progress. Could have left for Europe a while ago but has opted to stay in Argentina in order to gain greater experience.

Name: Pablo Aimar
Current Club: River Plate (Arg)
DOB: 3/11/79
Comments: A team mate and close friend of Saviola at River Plate, Aimar is a fantastically talented attacking midfielder or play-maker with superb dribbling skills. A very fine passer of the ball, perhaps Aimar’s greatest gift is his vision and effortless skill in where it is almost impossible to dispossess the ball from his skillful feet. Countless goal scoring opportunities have emerged from his inventive mind. He has also been the author of some great goals. Seems, to read the game very well this is complimented by a good work rate. Has been compared to being a finer version of Ariel Ortega. An integral part of the Argentinean youth sides, in where he won a gold medal at the World Youth Championships that were held in Malaysia in 1997. A number of European clubs such as Manchester Utd, Inter Milan, AC Milan and Parma have been linked to Aimar. Has been capped by Argentina at senior level. He should play a role in the on going qualifying games for the 2002 World Cup.

Name: Javier Saviola
Current Club: River Plate (Arg)
DOB: 11/12/81
Position: Forward
Comments: Nicknamed “el conejito” which translates into the little rabbit, Saviola, burst onto the scene and made his league debut at the tender age of 16. Widely, regarded as the next “big thing” to emerge from South America. Western journalists have likened this wonder-boy to being a cross between Maradona and Pele. Positionally, he is more of a forward than either Maradona or Pele, but unquestionably he possesses a performance level that holds so much promise of a future legend. A highly skillful player Saviola possesses tremendous pace, great technique that is combined with excellent dribbling and shooting skills. Will most definitely move to a large European club in the future. He was voted South American Footballer of the Year in 1999. Last season (Apertura 1999) he finished as top goal scorer in the Argentinean league with 15 goals in 19 matches. Already monitored at his early age by some of Europe’s largest clubs.

Name: Leandro Romagnoli
Current Club: San Lorenzo (Arg)
DOB: 17/3/81
Comments: This guy may have it all. An extraordinary attacking midfielder who adapts his game as a playmaker. Romagnoli, is possessed with dynamism, mobility, creativity, intelligence and great ball skills. Has the ability to thread his way through the toughest defenses. A fine talent with the ball Romagnoli, has shown a sense of maturity and a first rate understanding of the game. He can also be very effective from set pieces and is a convincingly impressive play-maker. A future star in the making, that has shown clear signs of being very gifted. He has been strongly linked with a move to Europe. AC Milan have been closely monitoring his progress.

Name: Aldo Duscher
Current Club: Sporting Lisbon (Por)
DOB: 22/3/79
Position: Defensive Midfielder
Previous Club: Newell’s Old Boy’s (Arg)
Comments: A player that should have a great future in the game. Duscher, has great natural ability and may emerge into the best defensive midfielder of his generation. He is a refined player with excellent technique and vision. A highly accurate passer of the ball, Duscher is a solid performer who is also known for his recuperation and distribution skills. He has performed very well for his club Sporting Lisbon of Portugal and has been linked with a move to several of the big Italian clubs such as Parma that are looking to secure his services.

Name: Leandro Cufre
Current Club: Giminisa y Esgrima La Plata (Arg)
DOB: 9/5/78
Position: Central Defender
Comments: Another member of Argentina’s National youth teams that has developed into a talented, elegant, composed and highly reliable emerging Central Defender. Cufre, has great positional sense that is combined with great technique. Also, noted for his strong aerial and tackling abilities. A highly rated player that also looks good when going forward. A future move to a top European club is likely.

Name: Esteban Cambiasso
Current Club: Real Madrid (Spa) on loan to Independiente (Arg)
DOB: 18/8/80
Position: Defensive Midfielder / Midfielder
Previous Clubs: Argentinos Juniors (Arg)
Comments: After putting on some exceptional performances during the 1997 Youth World Cup Esteban was transferred to Real Madrid at the age of 16. He was loaned back to Argentinean club Independiente for one year. He is expected back in Madrid in July 2000. A highly talented player with great long term potential. He has captained several of Argentina’s youth sides.

Name: Ernesto Farias
Current Club: Estudiantes De La Plata (Arg)
DOB: 29/5/80
Position: Forward
Comments: A quick explosive forward with good shooting and dribbling skills and an eye for goal. Farias, has been having a fine season with his club. Does, plenty of work off the ball. Yet another member of Argentina’s youth sides. A highly rated player with very good long term prospects.

Name: Juan Fernandez
Current Club: Estudiantes De La Plata (Arg)
DOB: 5/3/80
Position: Defender
Comments: Tenacious, powerhouse of a defender that is well composed in the midst of difficult defensive moments and is turning out to be quite an inspiration for his club. A good man marker and strong in the air he has performed admirably for his club and for Argentina at youth levels.

Name: Gabriel Milito
Current Club: Independiente (Arg)
DOB: 7/9/80
Position: Central Defender
Comments: An important member of Argentina’s youth sides, Milito is a tough, pacey no-nonsense defender. Maintains, an excellent control of his back line, has strong aerial and tackling abilities. Has been linked with a move to one of the larger European clubs.

Name: Daniel Montenegro
Current Club: Marseille (Fra) on loan to Independiente

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
czar, i had read your list on that site a while ago and i was thrilled to read so many good comments about our young future stars.....argentina has the best youth system in my opinion...i think they will be dominating the world of footbal without a doubt.....so many great players that i just cant believe it.

everyone is just great!
i cant wait to celebrate argentina's upcoming wc victories.....CHAMPIONS ALL THE WAY!
2002, 2006, 2010 IS ALL OURS!! :)

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I hope that you are right argentina, it would be great to win a string of World Cups!! :) Why not! We're certainly good enough.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Oh Czar thats a quite nice information of each & every player :) :) & all young too :)
Watch out Boca-River this week ppl!!
Riquelme vs. Aimar :) lets see!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Hehehe,it looks that I'll get a first hand expreince on one of you talets Czar since Damien Manso is on the verge of joining AEK Athens.

What do you guys think of Fernando Galleto?

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Hello Czar!

I think your compilation is just wonderful.
I would like to put it on my own homepage in order to show the many ignorants in my country who is the future!

Would it be allright to do so?

Thanks
Viola

------------------
Futbol de America Latina:
http://www.geocities.com/jwf1200/

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Thanks guy's, I am glad that you have enjoyed the write up on all of the up and coming generation of Argentinean players. Viola, you may use the material but would it be possible that you place my name on the compilation and write something, like: This compilation was produced by Zarmair Keshishian.

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Thanks, Czar!

I will do as you supposed.
Viola

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Hi Viola,

I saw my compilation on your site. I just wanted to thank you for posting it on your web site. It looks great :) I also enjoyed browsing through your web site. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts