Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A very good friend of mine plays in Slovenian futsal national team, who lost to Spain in the qualifications for the Futsal World Cup (which was no surprise, since Spain are current futsal world champions). First game was played in Slovenia and Spain won that game by a comfortable 4:1 (the second game ended with the same result, so Spain advanced by 8:2 on aggregate). What came as a great surprise to me, was my friend telling me, that just before the second game was started, when the national anthems were played, slovenian national anthem was booed extensively! WTF?! Why, for Christ's sake, would slovene national anthem be booed in Spain (I would undertand that in Croatia or Serbia, but Spain???). Anyone has any idea about this?

BTW, the game in question was played in Caceres.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
OAnimal said:
A very good friend of mine plays in Slovenian futsal national team, who lost to Spain in the qualifications for the Futsal World Cup (which was no surprise, since Spain are current futsal world champions). First game was played in Slovenia and Spain won that game by a comfortable 4:1 (the second game ended with the same result, so Spain advanced by 8:2 on aggregate). What came as a great surprise to me, was my friend telling me, that just before the second game was started, when the national anthems were played, slovenian national anthem was booed extensively! WTF?! Why, for Christ's sake, would slovene national anthem be booed in Spain (I would undertand that in Croatia or Serbia, but Spain???). Anyone has any idea about this?

BTW, the game in question was played in Caceres.
Probably without a reason. It seems to be popular these days. You'll find the same moronic behaviour all across Europe these days. :yuck:

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
As Prince-O says... I think there would be any particular reason. I don't know why... but what can you expect when, in a Barça match in Manchester last summer, for the new stadium of Man City, it was heard the English and the Catalonian national anthems. The next day the Madrid press critiziced Barcelona because they wanted the Catalonian anthem instead of the Spanish one. So, if we don't respect out own symbols, I don't expect nothing good.

I am so sorry.:(

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies, I guess you are both right. No hard feelings from my side towards the Spanish in any case. And, no need to be sorry, Koeman4, it was not you who did that. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts