Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i came back home yesterday from my university home in the North of Lebanon.. i usually come down to see my family every other weekend or so....

anyways as i was entering the building i read a paper which my father has posted. the paper said that there is a community meeting for all the residents in our building you know to discuss safety issues,renovation electricty, water, etc... and the meeting was scheduled for sunday night.

so i go in and i say hello to my parents brother and sisters and my dad comes to have kunch with me and i tell him what on earth is that meeting scheduled at sunday night for... here at our place!! there's el classico that night.

and my dad says "oh shit"... he makes a phone call and cancels the meeting.. he calls every apartment :) and some of them ask why the meeting is cancelled.. after all they've all made plans etc.... and he gives them some bull-shit reason lol

well thats El Classico.. everyone has to make their own arrangements to be free for the night.

i just hope our building doesnt fall down in the process though... hahaha

·
Registered
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes of course we've been watching games together for over 10 years. He's not a lot older than me, i mean i'm 24 and he's 45. at one point we both played for the same team when i was 16 all the way to when i was 18... it was a 4th division side here in lebanon and it was cool coz he'd cuss me out and i'd swear at him when he'd make mistakes... lol ..twas fun

The funny things is that my dad thorugh his youth years was an Arsenal supporter but they didnt get much coverage of the games during the 70s... now with cable we see all the leagues of course. well now he's a Barca supporter i turned him into one... now he gets all pissed off when we lose, so its cool watching the games with him.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Thats a pretty good story.

I, on the other hand, will miss the first 20 to 30 minutes as my son has a game right before, I wish the league was run by your dad.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
hey Barca try to catch the game ASAP,we've been waiting for it all the year so it's a pity to miss a part of the match. :cool:
a minute in "EL Classico" is priceless ;)

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
you're really unlucky guys :neutral:
just the fact of thinking that you have to wait a long time before watching the game is a torture. :flirt:
hopefully the coolstreaming will work fine for you guys! ;)

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Yeah man its torture, especially because this may be the first time i don't watch the classico live for more than 4-5 years!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Guys, CoolStreaming is your friend. As long as you have a fast connection, then there's no reason why you can't watch it ;) The Madrid-Barça game will be live on ESPN and CCTV-5, so if you do not like one of those channels, you can try the other.

Tonight, the Basque derby will be shown on ESPN/CCTV-5. I can't wait :lick:

By the way, great story Moe :thmbup:

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Barça_Fan said:
Guys, CoolStreaming is your friend. As long as you have a fast connection, then there's no reason why you can't watch it ;) The Madrid-Barça game will be live on ESPN and CCTV-5, so if you do not like one of those channels, you can try the other.

Tonight, the Basque derby will be shown on ESPN/CCTV-5. I can't wait :lick:
How is the quality? I can watch the game with great quality, but it costs so if the quality is good..:)

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Moe said:
i came back home yesterday from my university home in the North of Lebanon.. i usually come down to see my family every other weekend or so....

anyways as i was entering the building i read a paper which my father has posted. the paper said that there is a community meeting for all the residents in our building you know to discuss safety issues,renovation electricty, water, etc... and the meeting was scheduled for sunday night.

so i go in and i say hello to my parents brother and sisters and my dad comes to have kunch with me and i tell him what on earth is that meeting scheduled at sunday night for... here at our place!! there's el classico that night.

and my dad says "oh shit"... he makes a phone call and cancels the meeting.. he calls every apartment :) and some of them ask why the meeting is cancelled.. after all they've all made plans etc.... and he gives them some bull-shit reason lol

well thats El Classico.. everyone has to make their own arrangements to be free for the night.

i just hope our building doesnt fall down in the process though... hahaha
You and your father : :thmbup: :star:

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Emirho said:
How is the quality? I can watch the game with great quality, but it costs so if the quality is good..:)
I have a 2.2 Mbps connection and the ESPN feed is brilliant. Go to this thread and see if you like it:

http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=155347

The Basque derby will be shown on ESPN in 10 minutes. Check that match out and see if you're happy with the quality. Oh, and enjoy the game ;)

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Barça_Fan said:
I have a 2.2Mbps connection and the ESPN feed is brilliant. Go to this thread and see if you like it:

http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=155347

The Basque derby will be shown on ESPN in 10 minutes. Check that match out and see if you're happy with the quality. Oh, and enjoy the game ;)
Wow, this is sounds like a great tool, I will defintly use it in the future. Thank you very much :thmbup: :)

But I found a solution, the swedish channel Tv4 is showing the game :eekani: Damn I used to hate that channel..but after this.. :party:

·
Gracies, Turkiye!
19,988 Posts
Emirho said:
Wow, this is sounds like a great tool, I will defintly use it in the future. Thank you very much :thmbup: :)

But I found a solution, the swedish channel Tv4 is showing the game :eekani: Damn I used to hate that channel..but after this.. :party:
Correction; TV4+ 18.30 (localtime) Studio.

Observe; TV4+ not TV4.

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
Hajduk_Hrvatska said:
I have to wait 7 hours after the game starts to watch it, that sucks!

Guy, are you in Toronto?

If you are, I can help you out, and you can see it live... no need to wait for the Sportsnet feed...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts