Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...we make the Champions League and we get some kind of new owner, noone too rich?

We haven't had an optimistic topic for a while, and the "Next year's Parma" has been one of our favorite discussion for years... We never get it right, but it's still fun, right?

Rules: Be realistic. We don't have much money, perhaps we'll still have to sell, we can't afford huge wages - but we're not selling off. Keep in mind the last few year's policy.

My scenario:

Goalkeepers: Frey will be sold. He probably wants to, and the club can make some money off him. His replacement? We could go for an Italian guy like Morgan De Sanctis of Udinese or perhaps someone like Carlo Cudicini of Chelsea, if he fancies a wage-cut AND CL football. Maybe even Roma of Monaco. From then on, I read somewhere that the club is lining up Penneateu of Bastian. French guy, 23 years old, REALLY good. I'll go with De Sanctis though. For back up, I'd keep Amelia if we can trade him with Sicignano or else go with Sicignano. De Lucia returns for 3rd choice.

Defence: If we can sell Bonera for an interesting price, I'd go for it. I'd bring in Zaccardo of Bologna as his replacement (perhaps we can arrange some kind of deal with Nakata) for right back. P.Cannavaro, Castellini and Ferrari stay put but I'd release Benarrivo. Cardone and his fitness is a questionmark. We need one more central defender so either we go for some young exciting prospect like Vidic or perhaps opt for experience and sign someone like Iuliano. As far as left backs are concerned, Junior jumped ship in January so I'd sell him. Moretti is apparently doing REALLY well for Bologna so I'd bring him back from loan, with Seric also there. Potenza takes the role of Bennarrivo, as the covering defender who can play many positions - we took him on loan for two seasons, right?

Midfield: Mini clear-out: Blasi, Brighi, Bolano, Zicu, Nakata and Degano off. Buy second-half of Donadel. We need at least two more central midfielders - one of them a sure starter next to Barone: Perrota of Chievo. He's been having an average season so he won't be wanted by the big clubs anymore. If we can't get Perrota, we could go for Tommasi who looks like leaving Roma this summer. I'd also bring in Omar Milanetto of Modena as first back up. He's experienced, solid, wouldn't cost much and would see Parma as a dream place to be. I'd also bring back Porcari from his loan at Padova (we own half of him but I don't think Milan would mind). As far as attacking midfielders are concerned, I'd make sure Morfeo stays. I'd also give Carbone a new one year contract- he's been usefull. Marchionni, Bresciano and Rosina are staying put. But we need one more player able to start since Morfeo has injury problems and in my mind Carbone should only be an emergency solution, not really part of the core rotation - I don't trust Bresciano long-term over the season either. Well, if we could poach Di Natale it would be exciting, but we've been after the guy for a while and we never seem to be able to get him so forget him and get Diomansy Kamara of Modena. Not the best of season's but he is an exciting prospect.

Attack: Gilardino stays put. Cammarata has offered nothing so he's let go. As a back up striker, I'd go for Caracciolo of Brescia who is a REAL target-man, or if he's too expensive perhaps we could go for experience and bring back Chiesa ( :proud: ). Sorrentino also returns from loan so he can be a back up - let's not forget that Kamara/Di Natale and Carbone can play as forwards too.

OUT:
Frey (sold)
Bonera (sold)
Junior (sold)
Benarrivo (released)
Bolano (sold/released)
Blasi (end of loan)
Brighi (co-property, sold/loaned, whatever)
Nakata (sold)
Degano (sold, loaned, released, whatever)
Zicu (end loan)
Cammarata (end loan)

IN
De Sanctis (buy, Udinese)
Zaccardo (buy, Bologna)
Iuliano (buy, Juventus)
Perrotta (buy, Chievo)
Milanetto (buy, Modena)
Kamara (buy, Modena)
Caracciolo (buy, Brescia)

LOANS, CO-PROPERTIES, ETC.
Potenza (renew loan, Inter)
Porcari (recall from loan, Padova)
Moretti (recall from loan, Bologna)
Carbone (contract extension)
Amelia (renew loan/buy, Lecce)
Sorrentino (recall from loan, Avellino)
De Lucia (recall from loan, Salernitana)
Donadel (buy second half, Milan)

So (starters in bold):

De Sanctis
Amelia
De Lucia

Zaccardo - Ferrari - Iuliano - Moretti
Potenza - P.Cannavaro - Castellini - Seric

Barone - Perrota
Milanetto - Donadel

Marchionni - Morfeo - Bresciano
Rosina - Carbone - Kamara

Gilardino
Caracciolo

Plus: Vanin (Gk), Stefani (Def), Camara (Mid), Porcari (Mid), Sorrentino (Frw)

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
I think this is jinxing our future but since I'm bored at work I can't help but to give my version. :)

Gk:
Frey is out I guess... :( I think we should hand the gloves to Amelia. Or why did we loan-swap him with Sicignano in the first place? As a favour to Sicignano? I also think we should trust De Lucia as reserve. It's not ideal with two such young goalkeepers but we're Parma and we're used to really young goalkeepers by this point.

Out: Frey
In: Amelia p/x for Sicignano

Defence:
Bonera is still waiting for his breakthrough so it would be bad business for us to sell him right now. I also think keeping Ferrari would be good business for us if we can afford to invest in the future like that. I also think Castellini should be given the go ahead. I also hope that we can sign Potenza on a permanent basis. We probably can't count on Cardone and Benny is probably retiring. I don't know the status on Oyola but maybe he and Sory Camara (Or is he really a winger, Amo?) should be included in the first team squad next season? Obviously I also think we should keep Cannavaro. Moretti should be back I think. Junior should be sold. Maybe also Seric who has been less than brilliant.

- Moretti ---- Ferrari --- Castellini --- Bonera
- Camara --- Cannavaro -- Potenza -- Oyola

Out: Cardone, Benarrivo, Junior, Seric
In: Moretti back from loan

Defensive/central midfield:
I think we should try to keep Donadel also for next season. Blasi is probably lost and in that case I think we should try to get our hands on Tommasi even if I think he would find it hard to leave Roma. I also think the club should take a look at Di Biagio as well. He's having a good season at Brescia I think and he's also very good on his head and would give us better odds on high balls both in offense and in defence. I think it would be hard to get Perrotta as he's still dreaming about a big club coming along. I also think we will need some experience if we really do go to CL. Barone is a given.

---- Tommasi --- Barone
----- Di Biagio -- Donadel

Out: Blasi
In: Tommasi, Di Biagio

Cost: Minimal. Tommasi will probably be free to go from Roma and Di Biagio is old and probably on a short term contract at Brescia. (Maybe even out of contract already this summer?)

Offensive midfield:
I think Degano should leave. Zicu can stay though even if he looks a tad too slow. I think Carbone, Morfeo, Marchionni, Rosina and Bresciano should definately stay. That is six players. Enough!

Out: Degano, Nakata
In: -

Strikers:
Well, we have to keep Gilardino and get a decent sub. One of our U-20 strikers should be good enough as third choice. As for whom to get to be Gila's replacement I don't have a clue. A versatile striker who can do a bit of everything and someone not so high profile.

Out: Cammarata
In: ???

We would even be able to make around €15M from this. It wouldn't strengthen our current team but I really don't know what I can hope for this summer. It all depends on the new owner and if we make the CL.

·
Registered
159 Posts
This year's "Bosman team":

Attackers:

Sylvain Wiltord
(Arsenal)
Henrik Larsson
(Celtic)

Midfielders:

Yildiray Basturk
(Bayer Leverkusen)
Edgar Davids
(Juventus)
Esteban Cambiasso
(Real Madrid)
Jay-Jay Okocha
(Bolton Wanderers)

Defenders:

Bixente Lizarazu
(Bayern Munchen)
Johan Mjallby
(Celtic)
Jonathan Zebina
(AS Roma)
Hatem Trabelsi
(Ajax Amsterdam)

Goalkeeper:
Angelo Peruzzi
(Lazio)

Subs.:
GK Jorg Stiel (Borussia Monchengladbach)
DF Mario Melchiot (Chelsea)
CD David Unsworth (Everton)
CM Muzzy Izzet (Leicester City)
AM Olivier Kapo (Auxerre)
LW Javier De Pedro (Real Sociedad)
FW Nwankwo Kanu (Arsenal)
ST Victor Agali (Schalke)
ST Dado Prso (Monaco)

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Good topic...:)

I pretty much agree with everything said...

I would just like to add it might even be worth while if the club looked at the players at relegated clubs.

Perugia for starters has some interesting players such as Diamoutene, Cardinale, Fusani, Codrea, Brienza.

Empoli has Belleri, Cribari, Cupi, Cappellini, Grella,Lodi and Vannucchi. As well as Di Natale possibily even Tavano.

Reggina have Comotto, Jiranek and Mozart...At the start of last season I would have thought Nakamura would be an excellent signing but his form has dived to an all-time low...if Parma wanted they could take a chance and possibily be able to get him back into his old ways.

Modena have Allegretti, Milanetto, Kamara...

The above players would be worth looking at and since 2 of these clubs will be relegated, it would mean players could be bought on the cheap.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
I much agree with Verdi really, we should give Amelia a chance & let De Lucia play the Coppa Italia games next year.

I'd love us to keep Junior but his wages just won't allow it sadly so Seric will stay as my first choice left back, bring back Moretti too & that should do for our defence. At this stage, financially we need to trust our youngsters like Oyola because who else can we turn too? I'd also like us to keep Cardone for the sake of experience.

If Tommasi is free then I say grab him. Outload so much if we can from midfield like Nakata, Bolano & others, & poaching someone like Di Natale or Kamara from one of the relegated teams would be stroke of genius, just like Mutu perhaps?

Up front, Gila stays as a must, Sorrentino can back him up & Kamara & Carbone can play up front too.

I just hope we can make a few bob from Frey, Junior, Nakata & the rest going out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
OUT:
Frey (sold)
Djetou (sold)
Milosevic (released)
Bonazzoli (co-property, sold)
Junior (sold)
Benarrivo (released)
Bolano (sold/released)
Blasi (end of loan)
Brighi (co-property, sold/loaned, whatever)
Nakata (sold)
Degano (sold, loaned, released, whatever)
Zicu (end loan)
Cammarata (end loan)
Carbone (realeased)
Ferratti (sell second half, Milan)
Massaro (sell second half, Milan)
Camara (loan)
Vanin (loan)
Gibbs (loan)
Girelli (loan)
Oyola (loan)
Seric (sold)

IN:
Potenza (buy, Inter)
Di Natale (buy, Empoli) Realistisc? I hope :)
Milanetto (buy, Bologna)
Virgili (free, primavera team)

LOANS, CO-PROPERTIES, ETC.
Amelia (swap him with Sicignano and Bolano permanent, Lecce)
Moretti (recall from loan, Bologna)
Sorrentino (recall from loan, Avellino)
De Lucia (recall from loan, Salernitana)
Donadel (buy second half, Milan)
Favaro (buy second half, Milan)
Stefani (buy second half, Milan)
Porcari (by second half, Milan)
Amauri (buy second half, Chievo)
Ruopolo (recall from loan, Cittadella)

GK: -Amelia-
Backup: De Lucia , Virgili

Defence: Castellini - Ferrari - Bonera - Moretti

Backup: Potenza, Cannavaro, Cardone

Defensive/central midfield: Barone - Milanetto

Backup: Donadel, Stefani, Porcari

Offensive midfield: Marchionni - Di Natale - Bresciano

Backup: Rosina, Morfeo, Sorrentino

Striker: Gilardino

Backup: Amuari, Ruopolo

·
Registered
159 Posts
I only write the sell list. I only know from the youth players, loan contracts, etc. from your posts. ( If anyone know some good website, please write it)

Sell:

Nakata: Good player, but he's a primadonna ( he's only like to paly in center midfield). He got 9,36 million euros from the team. I think it's too much for his qualities and in this times....

Frey: I like him, but he wants to go.

Possible moves: Gila, Ferrari, Bonera. I don't want to sell them, but if it's must...

I'll write my buy list in the next few days.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Oh, I forgott!

In:

Max Tonetto (free transfer, Lecce)

Out:

Grieco (loan)

And if Cardone would have to quit becouse of all injures I hope Parma can sign Mayer from Modena on free transfer.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Well regarding Gilardino ... do you guys realsitically think theres a good chance he'll stay put for next season, or are you all just thinking wishfully ?

I know both he and Prandelli have both said it'd be better for him to stay atleast one season ... but do you think it will happen ?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I do think that if Parma secures a financially stable ownership, we could hold on to Gila. However, past experience have taught me that we prolly won't if we receive a good bid, which we will probably do. From then on, I also believe we'll replace him adequately.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Out :

S.Frey ( Sold for cash )
Amelia ( Loan Return )
Junior ( Sold )
Cardone ( Sold if some1 wants to buy him )
Bonera ( Only for big cash, if no on1 offers enough, dont sell him )
Ferrari ( same as above )
Bennarivo ( Hes a legend, he can be a coach or something, hes too old to play )
Blasi ( bad season, i dont think hes good enough )
Zicu ( Loan end )
Degano ( Loan end )
Cammarata ( Loan End )
BOlano ( Sold )
Brighi ( Sold He wasa great prospect, but he didnt do good this year)
NAKATA

I hope Gillardino stays, he realy needs 1 more season in first team, later he can go to whatever club he wishez ( yes hes that good if u ask me :D )

IN :
Donadel ( even on loan, this guy is a must )
Potenza ( on load, buy him of )
Moretti ( we own him )
D.Kamara ( he could be good )
Carbone could be good back-up
Some good defender ( Iuliano, Zaccardo, G.Bartolucci ) Milan, Inter and Juve would probably loan someone good and young..
for a mid we could buy Tomassi / Perrota or loan someone..

Team :
Gk : One new + de lucia, virgili
Def : Potenza, Ferrari, Bonera ( if they stay ) Moretti, Cannavaro, Castellini, Stefani, maybe Seric, and if we bring some1 in...VIDIC ( If inter buy him, Parma should take him on loan for 1st season, heis great prospect, but not good enough for inters first 11. And last few games he wasnt so great.. )
Mid : Carbone, Bresciano, Barone, Donadel, Rosina, MARCHIONNI, + Perrota ? / Kamara....

Att :
Gillardino, Sorentino, Kamara ( he can be off.mid. or att. ) + someone else ( loan some1 if we cant buy him )

·
Registered
497 Posts
Dredg said:
Well regarding Gilardino ... do you guys realsitically think theres a good chance he'll stay put for next season, or are you all just thinking wishfully ?

I know both he and Prandelli have both said it'd be better for him to stay atleast one season ... but do you think it will happen ?
Well I believe he know hes too young, and if he goes to Milan or Juve, he would have to fight for team place from the bottom ( Boriello, Tomasson and Sheva / Del Pierro, Miccoli, + juve will probably sign Cavenaghi )
At leas if some1 buy Gila, we should ask some1 of their attackers on loan for the next year ;)

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
--------------------------Amelia

Castellini----Cardone-----Cannavaro----Seric

---------------Barone----Donadel

-----Marchionni-----Morfeo----Bresciano

---------------------Kamara

Meaning: Ferrari,Gilardino,Frey out.

Probable sales: Barone,Marchionni, Bresciano. If any of these gets sold, the replacements are : Porcari, Rosina, Stefani, Roupolo(whom I heard great things about).

With this team we probably'll end up somewhere 5-8.

My biggest fear is Prandelli leaving. That must NOT happen.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Valdrin said:
My biggest fear is Prandelli leaving. That must NOT happen.
Yeah if Prandelli leaves I'll be extremely worried...and I think relegation will be upon us. I think Prandelli has earned the respect of the players and in turn they perform and give that extra bit needed to shine.

A new manager would mean...struggle after struggle...

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Valdrin said:
[B
My biggest fear is Prandelli leaving. That must NOT happen. [/B]
Prandelli is the man! :cool:

He is the hope and the future of AC Parma!!! :heart:

He has to stay no matter what!!!

The most important players are: Ferrari, Gilardino, Barone, Frey, Marchionni.

Of course they are wanted by other clubs, but if we get a new owner, perhaps we can keep them!!!:hopefull:

·
Registered
497 Posts
I dont Believe Prandelli will leave .. to what club ?

Inter - No way ( Mancicni will go in )
As Roma - If Cappelo goes Ranieri will probably come in
Lazio - Dont think so, even if Mancini goes
Juventus - If Lippi goes, they will get Deshamps... If Deshamps dosnt come in this year, I Believe Lipp will stay for another year, to be replaced then by Didier...
Sampdoria - They got Novellino , and he wont go...
AC Milan - Anceloti has proved himself once more....
Any other club would mean that Prandeli goes from better club to worst...

And we can always get Alberto Malesani :D :)

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Telcontar said:
And we can always get Alberto Malesani :D :)
He is hated by the Ultras...:D He has always confessed he loves Parma both the city and the people as well as the club and doesn't understand why people hate him...

I have to agree...with him...

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think is very strange that Parma diden’t sign a three years contract with Prandelli when he came to Parma. Parma worked with a three years plan for the future, and then Parma sign a contract with the new coach for two years, strange and stupid done. I really hope that Prandelli sign a new contract with Parma in the summer.

If not I think and hope that Pioli (Salernitana) will replace him...

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
AC Parma said:
I think is very strange that Parma diden’t sign a three years contract with Prandelli when he came to Parma. Parma worked with a three years plan for the future, and then Parma sign a contract with the new coach for two years, strange and stupid done. I really hope that Prandelli sign a new contract with Parma in the summer.

If not I think and hope that Pioli (Salernitana) will replace him...
I think they were being cautious when they signed Prandelli....he didn't exactly come with a C.V full of achievements. Plus with Uliveri who was rated as decent and who turned up to be the oppisite (I don't bame him for what happened)...and Passeralla who was a waste of the clubs money and who got a huge payout when Parma got rid of him...and he only took charge of Parma for a month and a bit...

Doesn't really matter how many years Prandelli is tied to the club...a manager never really leaves when he is doing well at a club...unless he does well and he gets incentives like a bigger team and wages from another club if they join them and even if such incentives are offered to him I honestly don't think Prandelli is ready for a big team...and I think he knows that...he is reletively qualified but he lacks experience and he hasn't yet won anything...

Right now he is probably viewed as the manager who can get a team full of youngsters to perform on a consistent basis and build them up to the best of their abilities...kind of like a Mazzone if you ask me. :) Except without the eccentric side and comedy effects. :D

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
the rumours of Prandelli going to Juventus were pretty strong a few months back, weren't they ?

I remember when i read Prandelli say something like "Gilardino is a great player, and I'd be honoured to still be coaching him next year" ... and at first i thought "Awesome ... they may both stay at Parma" ... but then i thought ... hang on ... they've BOTH been rumoured to move to Juve next year .. how much would it suck if we lost both Gila AND Prandelli to Juve .. i know the chances aren't that high, but it's a possability. I'd ****ing cry if that happened.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts