Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Fulham host Crystal Palace in a crucial London derby on New Year's Day.
It will be the first time that the two clubs have ever met at Craven Cottage in a top-flight fixture.

Both sides are struggling for form at the wrong end of the table, but Palace know a victory could see them leapfrog their opponents.

The Cottagers have managed just one draw and three defeats from their last four league outings and now sit just one spot above The Eagles in 16th.

Chris Coleman's side have suffered six home defeats this term, a miserable record matched only by Palace.

However, Fulham have been handed a big boost with the news that Luis Boa Morte should be fit to return for the game after shaking off a hamstring injury.

French midfielder Steed Malbranque could also earn a recall after starting the last two games on the bench.

Saturday's encounter will be Iain Dowie's 50th in charge of Palace in all competitions.

He has seen his side suffer a worrying slide in form in recent weeks having taken just four points from the last 27 on offer.

His troops took an encouraging point from their trip to Tottenham last time out, but Dowie will be desperate to try and rediscover the winning feeling going into the New Year.

The Eagles will once again be without Finnish winger Joonas Kolkka who is still being troubled by a rib injury so Greek Vassilis Lakis should continue on the left.

Uruguayan defender Gonzalo Sorondo, who has been impressive in the team's last two outings, faces a late fitness test on a tight hamstring but should be fit to take his place.

Skysports.com prediction: 1-2
Palace to come out on top in a tight, scrappy affair.
- Sky Sports

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We beat them last time, and with getting a point we have new found belief in our team. I reckon we can at least nick a point. I'd start Soarers instead of Watson, Tom looked lively.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
NiTR0 said:
Unfortunately not. I'm far too tired from Partying Last Night.

Party Animal :party: :party: :hangover: :hangover: ;)

Team News.....

Kiraly, Butterfield, Popovic, Hall, Granville, Routledge, Riihilahti, Soares, Lakis, Johnson, Hughes

Subs: Speroni, Torghelle, Leigertwood, Boyce, Andrews

Sorondo drops out with a sore hamstring, hopefully just a precaution. Pity, because he's looked pretty useful.

·
Registered
46,511 Posts
EagleMart said:
Sorondo drops out with a sore hamstring, hopefully just a precaution. Pity, because he's looked pretty useful.
Hey, these players from Inter are made with crystal. :nervous:

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
1-1

Penalty to Palace. Goalie should be sent off but isn't.

GOOOOOOOOOL AJ :excited:

End to end stuff. Fulham having a lot of chances , Palace aren't out of it though.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Nuts :scream: 2-1 Foolham , Cole again..

AAArgh..Boa Morte goal ruled out Pheww:relieved:

West Brom and Norwich winning :rollani:

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
3-1

Gah!! 3-1 Radzinski, Fulham all over us now :cry:
Torghelle and Leigertwood on for Hughes and Aki.
Andrews for Lakis.

All over at 3-1 , we're screwed if Norwich and the Baggies hold on for wins :sigh: :moan:

·
Registered
46,511 Posts
:moan:

Well, at least nobody else won. It will be a 4 clubs struggle till the end I guess (Norwich, Soton, WBA and us) and maybe (I hope) even Bolton could get involved (they got just 1 point at home vs WBA in the last 6 games).

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
It is scant consolation Toni, but you're right, at least the other teams didn't win.
Our problem is that we lack goalscorers, the chances were there today but if they don't fall to AJ then they don't seem to go in :moan:

Having seen the replay of the penalty incident the ref was right not to send off the keeper, but he certainly should have been yellow carded( which he wasn't).

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Personally - I feel Crystal Palace have the best chance of staying up. This was when they turned it on last year to gain promotion, and I feel you have the spirit to survive this season in the prem, (Just as long as we beat you at Goodison :D).

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Spirit and hard work can only get you so far I'm afraid. We need a bit more class, unfortunatley the attacking midfielder we're crying out for signed for your lot in the summer;)

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, we should have got Gera, but he decided to go to WBA :(. I'm really disapointed, we should have put up a better display. It's games like this when you relise that we at times lack quality. Spirit can only get you so far. We need to substitute that with quality.

Next game hear we come I guess.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts