Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brian Mcbride will join newly signed Carlos Bocanega at Fulham. One can say that the US Natl team success couls have played a part in the influx of players to the EPL, but it is My opinion that the success of the Natl team caused foriegn clubs to look at the MLS and from there the success has come. No one can deny that the MLS has made great improvements over the years in quality.

Mcbride will miss out on a chance to write another story in the Football's guide to Ironies, as Fulham take on Everton this Sunday in an FA cup clash. Mcbride will miss this Oppertunity to play as his work visa will not arrive on time. What a debute that would have made. Comming through and scoring a game winner against the club that refused to pay for your services, believing you were to old to aquire for the price the MLS wanted. Mcbride will have to wait another week to make his Fulham debute. While Carlos did manage to make his debute last week an thier loss. He is promanent to get his first shot at the most famous Cup compitition in Football.

Here's the line on Mcbride.

Red tape means McBride unable to make Fulham debut

LONDON (Jan. 23, 2004) (AP) _ U.S. striker Brian McBride won't make his Fulham debut this weekend.
McBride couldn't get his work permit finalized in time to play against his former English club, Everton, in an FA Cup game Sunday.

McBride signed with Fulham on Tuesday from Major League Soccer side Columbus Crew.

He played for three months at Everton last season.

"I owe a lot to them and their coach David Moyes. They've got a good bunch of guys there,'' McBride said. "They've a great squad and it so happened that I fitted right in. I really enjoyed my time there."

McBride said he had considered joining Blackburn, but Fulham made a better offer.

``I knew a little about the club from (U.S teammate) Eddie Lewis who's a good friend of mine, and I've actually seen the team play quite a bit,'' McBride said.

Another American player, defender Carlos Bocanegra, joined Fulham last week from the Chicago Fire of MLS.

``It's a good locker room, the spirit seems great, and it's been nice that there's someone here who I already know in Carlos Bocanegra,'' McBride said. ``Overall I would say the transition's going well so far."

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Carlos Bocanegra started his first FA cup match and had a hand in thier first goal, at Goodison Park today. He was instramental on all aspects of Fulhams game and made a great account of himself to my dismay as Everton managed a late equaliser to fource a replay at Fulham mid week.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts