Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cragnotti sets out his stall Posted January 21, 2002 - 23:44 by Mattias

General manager Massimo Cragnotti says his family wants to continue leading Lazio despite the criticism received from a section of fans recently.

"Our family wants to keep on leading this team and wants to bring Lazio back to the top, both in Italy and in Europe," he said.

"I don't think we've made mistakes in our transfer market. I personally would do the same all over again."
This guy is unbeleivable...he isn't even aware or admit that we have done many mistakes on the transfer market:rollani:
I am so so sick of this :yuck::mad::mad:

·
Registered
171 Posts
What is the mistake he has done you seems to be so angry over?

Buying europes best midfielder in 2 consectutive years?
Buying the most talanted midfielder in Italy (Fiore)?
Or perhaps Giannichedda was a failure?
Or selling Nedved for 38 million USD after having bought him for 400.000?
Or selling Veron for 40 million USD - a 100% profit?

It must be the Salas/Kovacevic deal you mean. And I agree there, that was stupid.

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Lindini said:
What is the mistake he has done you seems to be so angry over?
Selling Veron, FULL STOP.
Selling Nedved, FULL STOP.
Selling Conceisao, FULL STOP.

Had enough?

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Once again Massimo show that he has no clue of what he is talking about. There has been made a lot of mistakes in the transfer market and some of it can't be valued in money.

Selling Nedved, without getting a replacement.
Selling Conceicao without getting a replacement right away.
Veron, well there was really nothing to do as he wanted to start over because of the passport trial.
But the worst of them all was the Salas deal. We trade a great striker for Kovacevic who were of no use to the club and less than 6 months later he is offloaded to Real Sociedad

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
There are two sides to every story;)

Veron was sold. You tell me, at that point in time, avilable on the market, who was the best replacement? Rui was taken by Milan. Mandietta was the best available and he was bought. Basta.

Nedved. There are lot of things unclear there, and I'm not convinced that Crag really wanted to sell him this year, but appart from Fiore, considered at that time to be the future of Italian fotball was coming. Secondly, there was a enormous profit issue in this deal, which we fans tend to forget. Making money is part of football, no matter how much does it hurt to see great ones leave.

Sergio. Yes, we did not have replacement immidiately, and i think that Sven thought that he will manage with Deki on the right. It did not work out, he made mends and got Pobo. That was a trial & error, which is the way to learn.

Appart form that, at the begining of the season there was a problem in the midfield. Lierani was available and was brought in.

Is crag supposed to be perfect and mistakenless????

·
Registered
171 Posts
Lightoller said:

Selling Veron, FULL STOP.
Selling Nedved, FULL STOP.
Selling Conceisao, FULL STOP.

Had enough?

Veron was bought to Lazio for 26 million USD if Im not mistaken. Selling him for 42 million isnt that bad in my eyes. And he was replaced by the best midfielder in europe.

Nedved signed a new 5-year contract with Lazio, less than 1 month before he left. Do you seriously believe it was solely Lazios idea to sell him? He even hired a private jet and flew to Turin on his own. Besides he was replaced by Fiore, considered the most talented midfielder in Italy.

Selling Conceicao brought us Crespo. To gain is to give.

Do you have the ability to look into the future?

aca said the rest...

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Veron was bought to Lazio for 26 million USD if Im not mistaken. Selling him for 42 million isnt that bad in my eyes. And he was replaced by the best midfielder in europe.
Veron should not have been sold even for 126 million $ and that's that! If you look it that way Nesta would be a brilliant deal he cost us nothing!Plus, Veron's replacement sucks!

...besides he was replaced by Fiore, considered the most talented midfielder in Italy.
...who sucks the big one!!!

Selling Conceicao brought us Crespo. To gain is to give.
Conceisao was replaced by nobody, and that was the reason for our slow start of the 2000/01 season.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The moves Crag made at the time were not bad. You have to remember, this is a business. To us, it is purely social...we love Lazio, we want the best, etc. To Crag, it is a business. This is how he provides for himself and for his family. He made some pretty good change on on the Veron sale along with the Nedved deal. Money makes Lazio successful or poor. That's it.
When we released Veron and Nedved, Mendi and Fiore were top stock. Again, someone said it...you can't predict the future...you buy the players who are playing exceptional. However, just because one player might be the hero of Spain, does not necessarily mean he's going to bring us the scudetto.

It's the way football works. Money & Players.

"Money makes you do things you wouldn't ordinarily do."

·
International
6,519 Posts
I have to agree with Milos here.

Veron was sold this season, we got Fiore instead, but Fionna was a big failrue this season. We sold Nedved ( I don't care if it was on purpose or not, the bid must be accepted first to have the communications with the player), and instead, we bought Cesar, who plays on the left, when Deki and Fionna are unavailable. We sold Salas to Rube, and got Kovacevic , I mean, its like trading Nesta for Blanc :rolleyes:

Lindini, I dont know how you can say the transfer market was okay, I mean, we've failed this season big time, and I dont care if we bought som nay superstars to replace the old ones.

Tell me, why was Veron sold for 42M$, and by the time it was said he is going to be sold because of the financial reasons, and a less than a month later we buy MENDIETA for 48M$ ??? Why ?

Crag (at least Massimo) is stupid, and I cant believe he is the co-president of this club..

·
Registered
171 Posts
sslazio11 said:

Lindini, I dont know how you can say the transfer market was okay, I mean, we've failed this season big time, and I dont care if we bought som nay superstars to replace the old ones.

Tell me, why was Veron sold for 42M$, and by the time it was said he is going to be sold because of the financial reasons, and a less than a month later we buy MENDIETA for 48M$ ??? Why ?

I didnt say it was OK, I said that the sold players were replaced by world-players. And you are all correct when saying that they have failed. But who the h*ll could know this at the time when the deals were done??? Mendieta was the best midfielder in europe, who the h*ll could predict a failure from him??
Fiore was extremely wanted in january 2001, so much that Lazio tried to get him over earlier than what was agreed... then he arrives and who the h*ll could expect him to fail? As I said, he was ranked as the most promising midfielder in Italy at the time he arrived.

And Mendieta was bought for 41 million USD, not 48...

Since Lazio didnt back Veron in his passport trial - something we read about a lot a year ago - noone saw a future for Veron at Lazio. But now, when we know the answer, seeing Mendieta at Lazio and seeing Veron at United... its easy so say whats good and whats bad.

I recent every effort to make it obvious that these trades were bad when they were done. They became bad.

And CT... 126 million?... Like it or not, football is business and the President who would turn down a 126 million USD bid, isnt yet born. Its easy to want things undone when you know the answer - in theory. In reality it doesnt work that way. Perhaps in this forum...

Then again, some people are able to look into the future. Im not one of them and I doubt Cragnotti is either.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I agree with Lindini here....

I mean,just like some people here said,isn't signing Mendieta as a replacemnt for Veron was the best option at the time?i mean when i heared that Lazio signed Mendi....Man...i was sooo happy and excited to see Mendi in Lazio's jersey..but he was a failure..so tell me,is it Cragnotti's fault that Mendi failed in Serie A?:rolleyes:

Fiore...its exactly the same case,selling Nedved(in purpose or not)and signing Stefano Fiore who was Italy's best player in Euro 2000,and Udinese's Champion and leader at the time..i don't know about you guys..but for me..its the right thing to do..but again the same question must be asked..is it Cragnotti's fault that Fiore failed(although Fiore is starting to shine recently)?

In this situation i see that the easiest thing to do is to blame Cragnotti for what he done..and i really blamed him at first juust like most of you did and still doing..but i thought about it,and reached the conlusion that its isn't Sergio Cragnotti's fault...who fault is it?i don't know:eek:!

PS:that doesn't mean that i was with selling La Brujita and Merdved.

Cheers!

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
And CT... 126 million?... Like it or not, football is business and the President who would turn down a 126 million USD bid, isnt yet born.
Maybe, but he may take his money and F**K OFF in that case!:mad: Tanzi family followed the policies you advocate Lindini, and look where Parma is now! We should learn on mistakes of others! There is very little "business" to be done in Serie B!

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
IMHO, If Crag cs are smart and really love this club, they will do the best for the club. Look at rioma, they improve their winning team and NOT screw it

Nedved betrayed us coz he's smart, coz he knows tthat the club doesn't have the what so called "loyalty". He was on the transfer list. And i agree with Matjaz, if the club didn't allow him to move, then i am sure that he is not in juve now.
Then we bought Mendieta which was cost even higher then our Hero Nedved. I don't understand that.
Selling Conceicao was a mistake, when we didn't have a pure right winger until Pobo came in.

·
Registered
518 Posts
mistake is mistake, no matter what his attitude is.

but we should give him a chance to correct it.

·
Registered
713 Posts
wasn't it a mistake to sell bobo Vieri for 40m$ to buy Crespo the season after for 55m$ ?? while the pair Salas-Vieri was almost perfect ???

wasn't it a mistake to not buy Materazzi while he was hoping to join us ??

personally I consider selling all those players who loved lazio sincerly from their heart as A MISTAKE !

and if he don't move his ass on the transfer market NOW , this should be the biggest mistake !

·
Registered
39 Posts
DUDE! I freakin LOVE CRESPO!!!

Vieri is quality but man, I love Crespo...vieri gets on my nerves.

FORZA LAZIO, FORZA CRESPO!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Deg10 said:
DUDE! I freakin LOVE CRESPO!!!

Vieri is quality but man, I love Crespo...vieri gets on my nerves.

FORZA LAZIO, FORZA CRESPO!

And i love you man:D :excited:!

Crespo per Sempre!:cool:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts