Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Porto manager Fernando Santos is using the club’s pre-season jaunt to Belgium to assess his summer signings.

"I’m beginning to look at some of the new arrivals, especially the Slovenian Miran Pavlin," said Santos, who is with the team in Spa.

"The players are involved in physical work. But they are enjoying themselves."

Porto’s headquarters are at the Ca Fraineuse sports complex, and most of the squad are present, including seven new faces. The only players missing are Portugal’s Euro 2000 stars Vitor Baía, Carlos Secretário, Jorge Costa and Capucho.

One new face is Paraguayan Carlos Paredes and he was relishing the challenge of playing for one of Portugal’s biggest clubs. :)

"I am aware I came to play for a team that had won five championships in a row," he said.

"But I’m here to play in the midfield - or wherever the manager wants me."

Paredes new career with Porto will be put on hold for the next few weeks while he plays for his country in world cup qualifying.

"I must be back in Paraguay soon for the game with Brazil," he said.

"I asked the National coaches to only call me once every two games. But the Brazilian game is a cracker and I must be there to help my country. Then my contribution to FC Porto can begin."

·
Registered
703 Posts
Yeah this is good man i can't wait till this season starts
i always love this part of the season...

Paredes seems good lets hope he pays of...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts