1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The most efficient:

Player (club) Shots on goal/Goal
1.Frode Johnsen (RBK) 11/5 (45,4 %)
2.Ivan Helguera (Real Madrid) 19/6 (31,5)
3.Filippo Inzaghi (Juventus) 13/4 (30,7)
Diego Alonso (Valencia) 13/4 (30,7)
Raul (Real Madrid) 26/7 (26,9)
Rivaldo (Barcelona) 20/5 (25)
Teddy Sheringham (Man U.) 24/5 (20,8)
Mark Viduka (Leeds) 21/4 (19)

And further down on the list;

Andrei Shevchenko (Milan) 27/3 (11,1)

So who's the best :D

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
well well congats to him:rolleyes: but i believe Raul,Sheringham and co has played alot more matches then him so i get nothing from this ranking.

I would like to give an special nominee to Andrei Shevshenko from milan,even if milan has been completely crap this season and last season he became this topscorer last year and is in the lead this season,what do you say about that?

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Ofcourse Sheva is a fantastic striker and all.But there are one player that have impressed me more during the years if we should go after the teams performance.Last year a man named Jimmy Floyd Hasseilbaink played for Atletico de Madrid and they got relegated but he still ended up second I think it was in the topscorer league.That´s for me even more impressing than what Sheva has done in the league so far.If Milan would have one better striker to play with him,I´m sure that he wouldn´t score as much as he does right now since Milan are way too dependant that he is the scorer.Atletico had Kiko for the half of the season and he ain´t no bad player at all,but still Hasselbaink scored that much.

Same season with another player.Racing Santander had a player called Salva Ballesta.He was the best scorer that season and then he played for a bottom team.They weren´t relegated but it wasn´t a good team at all.That is also very impressive.Now he just have to happen to play for Atletico aswell in Segunda Division :)

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Basically Andrei didn't do too good in the Champions League, let us just leave it at that.

Of course Raul Gonzales is a fantastic striker, but don't come with some crap that Johnsen's performance isn't great. Paris, Bayern and Helsingborg isn't good enough for you???

Is it only me that think Sheringham is overrated? United should buy Johnsen.

Jimmy, JFH scores a bucket of goals, even for bad teams, but this just proves that he is good in the box. Obviously he is no good at defending, so he needs a team that has a strong defence. If you buy JFH or Sheva you know you are getting goals, and not much else.

[Edited by Orange on 07-05-2001 at 19:12]

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
WOW! this is an interesting stat :eekani: :cool:

Here are some more stats from http://www.Uefa.com concerning Rosenborg

Ball Possession (% & minutes)

Rosenborg are FIRST with an average of 31minutes :cool: :proud: :happy: & a total of 187minutes (they were 2nd behing ManUtd at the end of Group phase one when they were eliminated)

In percentage terms, Rosenborg had exactly 50% which puts them equal 7th out of the 32 teams :smileani:. This represents a very balanced team IMO

Fouls Commited

Rosenborg are ranked 32 out of 32 for commiting fouls with an average of only 12.5 & 75 in total. This situation was the same at the end of group phase 1. The next best team is the mighty Real Madrid with an average of 13.73 (it was 12.75 at the end of group phase 1)

This means that Rosenborg are the cleanest & fairest team in the UCL in statistical terms :tongue: :cool: :happy: :excited:

Corner statistic

Rosenborg are ranked equal 4th with an average of 6.67 per game and a total of 40 corners from 6th games.

Once again, this reflects the attacking intentions & expansive play of Rosenborg a

[/u] Goals scored [/u]
Rosenborg are equal 2nd (with FC Barcelona & AS Monaco) and only behind Real madrid with an average of 2.17 goals a game
and 13 goals in total.

This stats does not surprise me at all :doh: :D :mute:

[/u] Goals Conceded [/u]

Unfortunately, Rosenborg also score highly in this area :frownani: :depress: placed 2nd behind Besiktas with av average of 2.5 goals per game conceded & 15 in total :frustrat: :moan:

This is an area RBK were short of in terms of depth last season and one they could continue to improve on, but attacking sides will usually concede more goals than defensive minded ones like Valencia & FC Bayern (but not that many goals :fero: :irritate: )

So in summary, these stats tell us that Rosenborg are an attacking side who like to keep possession (although they showed in some games, esp FC Bayern that they are very good on the counter attack) while at the same playing very fairly and conceding few fouls (they concede goals instead :dielaugh: )

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some great stats there Andreas, I agree that it proves how forward oriented Rosenborg is, and even against Bayern, Rosenborg controlled the match in Bayern many times. So far only United and Rosenborg has scored in Munchen against Bayern this Champion League season.

About the fouls, Norway is always bottom, and this season Tromsø might get a UEFA cup spot, just because Norway and Norwegian teams are so good at making few fouls.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
I hope Tromso do get a UEFA cup spot through "Fair play" because they, Stabaek, Lillestrom & Molde all declined to play in the Intertoto cup :sigh:

I completely agree with you on the Bayern game in the Olympiastadion. Rosenborg will lament their missed chances
at 1-0 up. If they had of made it 2-0, i'm sure they would have won the game and their european season could have been totally different

BTW another interesting stat from the 1999/2000 season that i saw on the UEFA Champions league Magazine program was that Rosenborg were 2nd in shots on goal at the end of group phase 1 with only Barcelona (who were playing Outrageously attacking football seemingly from another
world :eekani: :drool: ) ahead :proud: :strong: :star:

[Edited by Andreas Speck on 08-05-2001 at 12:24]

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The intertoto cup is in the middle of our season and is not something the clubs do for economy or interest. So I understand why they said no. Right now it is looking really good Andreas, Tromsø will more than likely get that available spot.

Don't remind me of the Bayern game :fero: ;) we should have won that one.

Here is what Rosenborg has done;

95/96; Group against Blackburn, Legia Warsawa and Spartak Moscow. Third in the group with 6 points after beating Besiktas in the qualification.

96/97; Group against AC Milan, Porto and IFK. Beat Panathinaikos with Ronny Johnsen in the qualification.

Played in the quarterfinal against Juventus.

97/98; played in a group with Olympiakos, Real Madrid and Porto. Was second in the group with 11 points. Was about to win it when Olympiakos scored with 6 minutes left in the last match.

98/99; Group against Juventus, Atlethic Bilbao and Galatasaray. Came third in the group with 8 points after beating Club Brugge in the qualification.

99/00;
Rosenborg 12 - 5 +7 11p
Feyenoord 7 - 6 +1 6p
Borussia Dortmund 7 - 9 -2 6p
Boavista 4 - 10 -6 5p

Middleround;

Bayern München 13 - 8 5 13p
Real Madrid 11 - 12 -1 10p
Dynamo Kyiv 10 - 8 2 10p
Rosenborg 5 - 11 -6 1p

Had a great autumn, but the winter was horrible, a weaker RBK side lost with 1-2 in several matches, and is the most unlucky RBK side I have seen.

00/01; Third in group with Paris SG, Bayern and Helsingborg. Beat MTK Budapest in the qualifiers. Played well, but got weaker towards the end of he group. Lost against Alaves at home, after being the best team in both matches, and drawing in Spain in the first leg.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Sorry Orange but i have to correct you on the qualification round 3 for the CL 2000/01

The team was actually Dunaferr Fenercevaros (or something life that :confused: with spelling of the F word :D :dielaugh: ) whihc i'm pretty sure is a different team to MTK :nervous: :hopefull: :nerd:

Actually i am surprised you did not mention the Real Madrid result in 1997/98 (they won 2-0 in Trondheim & were the ONLY side to beat Real that year :cool: ). And they also hammered Olympiakos 5-1 :eekani: :D if i remember correctly

I agree that RBK were unlucky in the winter of 2000, but i think they were not exactly playing htier best either. They were very bad in Kiev and were lucky to have not lost by more. However against Bayern they were beaten by a pnealty that Eggen claimed should not have been awarded (he was really blowing up after that game :dielaugh: :nasty: :cool: :mad: ) and Carew played very badly agaisnt Real when RBK should have scored at least 3 goals (which of course would have changed things for Real :doh: :sigh: )

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, now I remember it was Dunaferr, but Dunaferr isn't the same team as Ferencvaros are they???? :confused: Rosenborg beat MTK a few years earlier though :proud:

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
I think Dunaferr are a different team to Ferencvaros, but i'm pretty sure they come from Ferencvaros (thanks for the spelling :proud: ) :)

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So it is a city then...interesting...

I have been to the Czech rep, Bulgaria and Romania but never Hungary, that would be a cool country to visit.

Rosenborg has had good results against many teams, I remember the away win against Dortmund best of all, that was a great evening :happy:

[Edited by Orange on 08-05-2001 at 15:20]

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
even if the first goal against them by Sorensen was Offside :dielaugh:

Yes i remmber watching the highlights of that game. That was when Rosenborg really won me over as a fan :cool:.

However, i takled to some Dortmund fans at Europsort and they didn't really want to talk about that evening :doh:

What would you rank as Rosenborg's best win in Europe; the 2-0 win against Real Madrid?, the 5-1 & 6-1 hammerings dished out to Olympiakos & HIF respectively?, the win against AC Milan? there are just so many :cool: :hangover:

As far as Ferencvaros being a city is concerned, i am not completely sure :nervous: :confused:. Perhaps you should ask cristina as Hungary is a neighbour of hers :)

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I thought Ferencvaros was from Budapest.....but what do I know? :confused:

The win against Milan was the first REALLY big win, and I loved every minute of it, but they played great in the Dortmund match. I think Dortmund fans will not forget that night in a long time :proud: What do you think Andreas? :)

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
I am not so sure Orange. Remember Dortmund were in crisis that season and almost got relegated from the Nudesliga and i think that this possibility would have worried their fans more :mute:

Its hard for me to comment on a lot of the earlier games becuase i wasn't really following football back then. But i think i'd have to agree and say the Milan game. It was away from home, Rosenborg needed to win to qualify for the quarter fials and they had some great players in their teams such as Heggem who have gone on to bigger & better things :cool: :proud: :excited: :happy:.

The 5-1 hammering of Olympiakos :tongue: (who are a force and made the quarter finals a few years later) would also rank very highly

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I loved the 6-1 beating last year :tongue: Great analysis, how do you think we will do this year? It has a lot to do with the teams we meet of course. And especially the qualification. Too bad Inter won't get to the champions league this season :)

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
actually for some reason i am a little more worried about Rosenborg even qualifying this season, even though they have to only go thru one round and not two :cool:.

I guess i am just worried that a similar situation to that of Brondby may occur. Like Rosenborg, they were seeeded in qualifying round two and met a reasonable team from a good league like the Budesliga in Rnd3 and failed to score over 2 legs, losing 2-0 agg. And while i don't think Rosenborg will have any scoring problems, i think they may still be a little leaky at the other end :nervous:

However i am sure they still have a good enough coefficient ranking to be seeded which means that they will avoid the really big teams :sigh: :phew: :happy:.

Provided they get past qualifying, i think this will be a big year for the club because they have more depth and another quarter final appearence would not surprise me. A 2nd group stage appearence is a must IMO as far as finances & improvement of the team are concerned.

I have a good feeling about Brann too if they get their act together and play consistently. I think they will get through qualifying and finish 3rd in their group, therby dropping down to the UEFA cup :hopefull:. Of course, a lot of this depends on them keeping their squad intact :uncertain:

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Don't be worried, I am really worried about Brann but I am overly confident that Rosenborg will pull it off again.

Brøndby doesn't have half the international experience that RBK has. Of course Hamburg is a good team, so they have to be at their best when meeting a team like that. Rosenborg has had little difficulties qualifying the last few years, even Brugge wasn't too difficult to beat. They do have more depth in the team this season and definetly have chances of doing great in the first group stage this autumn.

Brann :nervous: I am very uncertain about the qualifying, but I too think they will surprise many, and may even do a lot better than Molde did a couple of seasons ago, if they have a little luck on their side.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Unless Brann play really crappy like they did in the UEFA cup (they barely scraped through the qualifying round :wth: ) i think they should get through Round 2 fairly comfortably. But i doubt they will be seeded so i think they will get a tough team in Round 3 :nervous:

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I can imagine Brann beating a crap team (sorry if I offended someone) 7-0 on agg. only to be beaten by Liverpool in the qualifications after two tough matches 3-2 to pool :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts