Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Edmundo and Romario together for Flu. They are on good terms again apparently. Aren't soap operas in Brazil evening entertainment rather than played out in the estadio?! A brief history of their relationship please.................

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
Roberto Gallo said:
If their injury history of 2003 repeats again, there will be no problems between them: they will never play together :D
Romario didn't have many injuries actually.
In fact in 2002, he played nearly all games except for 2.
I don't know about Edmundo, but Ramon is a great addition. Certianly better than what most clubs have come up with, with the exception of Rivaldo (Cruzeiro), Marquinhos (SP).

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Former Brazil striker Edmundo, also known as the "Animal," signed with Fluminense, the team said Tuesday.
The 32-year-old Edmundo, known for his explosive temper on and off the field, rejoins another aging soccer "bad boy," Romario.

The two forwards first played together at Flamengo, and the duo cemented their reputation by recording a rap song entitled "Rap dos Bad Boys." They last played together at Vasco da Gama four years ago.

But at Vasco, the pair argued frequently and eventually had a falling out over a caricature painted on the door of the bathroom in a bar Romario owned, which Edmundo found insulting.

Fluminense coach Valdir Espinosa said he wasn't worried about any rivalry between the two strikers.

``I'd like to have 11 bad boys on my team,'' he was quoted as saying in the Rio daily O Dia. ``That way we'd always win.''

Romario said the bad blood was behind them, and that he welcomed Edmundo with open arms.

The pair has played together 45 times, with a 22-10-13 record. During that time, Edmundo scored 18 goals and Romario netted 31.

Edmundo made 33 appearances for Brazil, and also played in Italy with Fiorentina and Napoli.

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Damn, now we lost O Animal too. :depress: :depress:

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
As Romario said yesterday: "You journalists will be very busy, cause SOMETHING will happen, and you will have loads of news" :howler: :howler: :howler:

It all started in Flamengo 95...... 5 years later they met again in vasco to fight.... and now to end the relationship and the career in Flu.:cool:

Edmundo has been Romario's best friend ever since 93 to 99, as stated by his mum in an internet chat;)

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
I am glad they will play together, however, they should do that in Vasco not in Fluminense... :mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts