Xtratime Community banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts
Pretty much dominated the match. I know you need to score some more goals, but at least there is something to build from in terms of the style of play.

Poland played poorly, but that was partially because Italy forced them to play poorly. Italy passed the ball around at will with Verratti and Jorginho and whenever they lost posession they were able to get it back with a high press.

Excited to see how this team will do against Portugal next. Hopefully the win will give them some confidence and the finishing will be a little better.

Finally, Mancini downplayed the relegation thing, but he coached like he wanted to really win that game, and the players celebrations at the end showed that they weren't thinking about this like a friendly.

Yeah the celebration with Mancini at the end reminded me with similar celebrations at Inter with Walter Samuel, Stankovic.. Good times.

If we had a striker that could continue interchanging with his two forward partners but could also offer a bit more striking ability that would be great. On the other hand, as soon as a player stations himself a little more in the box, it will restrict the amount of movement areas of the other two and make them more predictable. If we don't have a suitable striker that can move and also score, then one solution could be to restrict to a front two of insigne and Chiesa and have two wingers, like for Napoli, though I'm not sure we have the defensive midfielders for this.

How was barella? I have never seen him play? How was biraghi? He seems to me as not too skilled but has good size and strength which is useful on the wings too.

Immobile must be dropped for sure. What about Bellotti? It is worth trying.

Based on these games, in addition to the current lineup we had:

Insigne chiesa
Bonaventura jorginho Verratti florenzi
Biraghi chiellini Bonucci darmian/Puccini

Insigne bernardeschi
Bonaventura jorginho Verratti chiesa
Biraghi c b florenzi

Zaza bernardeschi
Insigne Verratti jorginho Chiesa
Biraghi c b florenzi

And more variations on the theme...

Barrella, Chiesa and Bernardeschi were impressive in the last game. Insigne did almost everything right but score. Mancini using him in the same role Ancelotti has him playing this year was a smart move. This team is a true #9 away from having a core that they can build around. Biraghi was also a nice revelation. I hadn't seen him much this year but I've read that Fiorentina fans have been very happy with him.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.