Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obraæajuæi se juèe novinarima u prostorijama fudbalske organizacije Saviæeviæ je opet, èetvrti put ove godine, predstavio i nove debitante; golmana Poleksiæa iz Sutjeske i napadaèe Ðuraškoviæa iz luèanske Mladosti. A pravdajuæi niz onih na koje ovoga puta nije mogao da raèuna kazao je da æe se istog dana kad se igra meè u Nju Džersiju, igrati polufinalni meèevi Kupa Jugoslavije (Vojvodina – Crvena zvezda i Železnik – Sartid), pa da igraèe iz tih ekipa nije mogao da vodi na put. Isto tako na put u Ameriku nije mogao da vodi reprezentativce iz pet zemalja jer su im šampionati u toku. To su igraèi iz Španije (pre svih Kovaèeviæ), Austrije, Rusije, Grèke i Ukrajine...

Meè protiv Ekvadora, u Nju Džersiju, igraæe se po lokalnom vremenu 8. maja od 20.30 èasova, a po našem šest èasova kasnije, 9. maja u zoru, od 2.30 èasova.

Reprezentativci æe se, pred put u Ameriku, za meè protiv Ekvadora, okupiti u dva grada, u Beogradu i Londonu. A na put æe krenuti u ponedeljak, 6. maja, oko 10 èasova sa Beogradskog aerodroma.

U Nju Džersiju æe imati tri treninga, a od toga jedan pravi, u utorak, i dva rekreativna, u ponedeljak i sredu, na dan meèa.

Novi spisak reprezentativaca Dejan Saviæeviæ æe, poslednji put kao selektor sa amaterskim statusom, saopštiti u ponedeljak, 13. maja. Biæe to najava puta "plavih" u Rusiju, na turnir "Èetiri nacije" koji æe 17. i 19. maja biti organizovan u Moskvi.

Parovi tog turnira, u polufinalu, su Jugoslavija – Ukrajina i Rusija – Belorusija. Dva dana kasnije boriæe se poraženi za treæe i pobednici prvih meèeva za prvo mesto.

Good to see that he included some new faces.

Djuraskovic, top-scorer this season, is making his first NT apperance.:)

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is announced team:)

Zoran Djuraskovic (26), clan lucanske Mladosti, prvi strelac Lige (19 golova), bice novi debitant u drzavnom timu.

Evo tog spiska reprezentativaca za mec protiv Ekvadora u Nju Džersiju:

Golmani: Jevric (Vitese, Holandija) i Poleksic (Sutjeska).

Odbrana: Lazetic i Mirkovic (Fenerbahce, Turska), Dzodic (Monpelje, Francuska), Ðorðeviæ (Obiliæ), Mihajloviæ (Lacio), Krstajiæ (Verder, Nemaèka), Stefanoviæ (Vitese, Holandija) i Dragutinoviæ (Standard, Belgija).

Sredina: Jokanoviæ (Èelzi, Engleska), Stankoviæ (Lacio, Italija), Nenad Brnoviæ (Zeta), Iliæ, Duljaj i Iviæ (svi Partizan).

Napad: Mijatoviæ (Fiorentina, Italija), Bojan Brnoviæ (Zeta) i Ðuraškoviæ (Mladost, Luèani).

·
Premium Member
27,260 Posts
Not bad team, guess Dejo wants to try out as many players as possible..
But must I say that I really don't see the point of calling Mijat & co.?? :(

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I heard that he wanted Kezman, but PSV did not want to let him go for a friendly and Zaragosa said the same for Savo.

I expected him to take Kovacevic rather than Mijat. But i wouldnt mind seeing Djuraskovic give it a try.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Hmmm... should be an interesting match. I think we can win it.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I can understand why Zaragoza didn't want Savo to go because the Spanish league still isn't finished, but PSV will be playing their final game of the season tomorrow so I don't see why he couldn't travel with the team. Unless they are planning to go on a end of season trip but in that case Mateja should have told them to fvck off. :)

We could have done without the old cvnts for this match, but overall I'm not too unhappy with this sqyuad.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
mijat and co are there but only 19 players are selected ! dejo has made as much trials as possible i don't see why he should do more even if the choice of mijat isn't relevant.
it's just to have enough players i think.
dejo wants to help the oldies to make a good last transfer and show their best. it's a shame that this game isn't taken really as seriously as it should, i mean a test match, a review of the squad that will represent yugoslavia for next quelifiations.
but it's good to see dragutinovic cause we need backwingers as he can be. that type of guy an offer more tactical options to our NT. it's a shame markovic won't play that game too. savicevic could have test a 4-4-2 with that 2 guys.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
you better win it... that way they will be scarred of us ;-)

or maybe you should lose it so they are over confident? hmm

in any case, they suck azz, you should beat them by few goals

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
I read somewhere that the players that are playing in the cup are not being selected. So that's why I think that the squad looks suspicious compared to the one last month. We are playing in the LG cup against Russia, Ukraine and Belarus and that in the friendly against England or Germany that Dejo and Piksi will be playing as their farewell matches.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BELGRADE, May 6 (DS) - Although in the last match of Italian Championship, Lazio's Dejan Stankovic had left the field because of an injury, he traveled today with the Yugoslav national team to the United States for the match against Ecuador.
Dejan Stankovic will join the team at an airport in London, where a few more players will come directly. The rest of the team is to go from Belgrade. They continue the trip this afternoon and immediately after their arrive in the USA, they will train at a stadium in New Jersey, where the match will be played.
Sinisa Mihajlovic, who wasn't even on the bench in Lazio's last match, is in the Yugoslav national team too.
The Dark blue side are returning from the United States on Friday, May 10 and three days later manager Dejan Savicevic will announce his lineup for LG Cup in Moscow.

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Damn. They play so close and I can't go! Anyone knows if someone will do the game live?

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
This was probably more embarrassing,

"The game was not without some comedy. While taking a free kick some 28 yards out on the left side, Yugoslavian defender Sinisa Mihajlovic shanked his attempt to the left side, coming nowhere near the goal in the 38th minute."

Now that must of been an embarrassment. :D

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Delgado goal lifts Ecuador to victory

EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey, May 8 (AFP)
Forward Agustin Delgado scored in the 69th minute to give World Cup-bound Ecuador a 1-0 victory over Yugoslavia in an international friendly on Wednesday night.
Delgado put in a rebound of a side-volley by midfielder Alex Aguinaga from the top of the penalty area. Goalkeeper Dragoslav Jevric knocked away the shot, but Delgado swept in to slot the ball home from six yards.
The game, however, will be better remembered as a chippy and physical affair as referee Rich Grady awarded five yellow cards and three red cards, including a pair to Yugoslavia, in front of a crowd of 36,540 at Giants Stadium.
Yugoslavian midfielder Dejan Stankovic was given his marching orders after fouling midfielder Edwin Tenorio from behind at midfield in the 41st minute.
Ecuador's man advantage, however, was short-lived as they had substitute Carlos Tenorio red-carded themselves.
Yugoslavia had their second player ejected in the 69th minute as defender Dejan Stefanovic was awarded his second yellow card, this one for dissent, immediately after the goal.
The game was not without some comedy. While taking a free kick some 28 yards out on the left side, Yugoslavian defender Sinisa Mihajlovic shanked his attempt to the left side, coming nowhere near the goal in the 38th minute.
Ecuador defeated Bulgaria 3-0 in a friendly in this same stadium on March
They will make their World Cup debut in Group G in Japan, playing Italy in their first match on June 3. The South Americans also will meet Mexico on June 9 and Croatia on June 13 in the opening round.
Before journeying to Japan, Ecuador will play A.C. Milan, which will include several guest players from Italy's Serie A, in New Haven, Connecticut, on Saturday.
Giants Stadium will be the site of an international doubleheader on Thursday, May 16. The US will play Jamaica before Milan takes on the New York/New Jersey MetroStars of Major League Soccer.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
631 Posts
Ah so it was 1-0. Bloody Livescore listed the result as 2-0 and didn't even mention Stefanovic's red card. And I see they still haven't corrected it.

Still a poor result, and what's with all the red cards in these friendlies? One against Mexico and another two yesterday. Euro 2000 finished a long time ago, no need to try and emulate the achievement of getting a man sent off and start playing better from then on.

Physical play is ok, especially if the opponent is outclassing you, but I wish they would tone it down a bit during these not-so-important matches.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
i don't know what the hell is going on !!!
why playing such crappy games ??? !!! with such crappy players ????

how can players can be sent off during a friendly ???

how can we prepare decently the next euro qualifications when half of the squad is missing ???

it's ridiculous to abuse of these games ! these games are made :
- to bring confidence and victories to the players and not shame, to build the future squad with a real tactical preparation, not to emphasize the mess in the team !!!

it seems like the players weren't concerned by the game !!!
though i admit playing these games 48 hours after a 10 hours trip by plane at the end of the season when everybody's tired and fed up by football at all is absolutely stupid !! let's play real games against real teams like france, russia or england. when all the real players will be there and concerned. and really motivated !

fvcking stupid games !!!!!! :fero:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts