Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We take on the French this Wednesday in a friendly in France and it should be a good matchup for our preparation for the world cup. We dont have any real injury worries for once this time and im expecting a very good game :thmbup:

Squad list:

GK: Casillas, Reina, Lopez

DEF: Ramos, Pique, Puyol, Albiol, Marchena, Capdevila, Arbeloa

MID: Senna, Alonso, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Mata, Silva, Navas

FW: Villa, Torres, Negredo, Guiza

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
spain 3 france 0 easy match

·
Premier Player
3,328 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Technically, the Spanish referee Mejuto Gonzalez was the 4th referee who saw the Zidane-Materazzi incident and called the main ref to tell him what had happened.

So Mejuto took revenge... a Spanish guy retired Zidane. :D

And it was "Vamos a jubilar a Zidane" not all of them... that would have been too much and the Spanish king is a French (BTW, wouldn't you want him back?) :D

·
Premier Player
3,328 Posts
BTW, where is it? Paris? Where Barça won the CL final? What a temple :proud:
Es adonde hemos logrado el titulo de campeones del mundo tambien.... ;)

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I predict he'll get over his injuries, have a consistent run in the Liverpool team and then get called up for WC squad :D.

Please record your reaction and post it here :thumbsup:.
Ugh, I'll kill you if that happens.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a France victory. But I predict a 0-0 draw.

·
Premier Player
3,328 Posts
I guess France will lose. You are too strong at the moment, we haven't been good lately and, if it wasn't enough, we are plagued by injuries....

France 1 - 3 Spain

I hope I am wrong though... We desperately need confidence now. A good result would be great for us prior to the world cup.

·
Registered
14,722 Posts
Ugh, I'll kill you if that happens.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a France victory. But I predict a 0-0 draw.
I agree, Riera should be no where near La seleccion.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
By the way check out our new jerseys that will debut in this game, i love it!

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Wow your squad compared to Italy is frightening.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Wow your squad compared to Italy is frightening.
Your shirt compared to ours performs when it matters.

There so much hype about Spain that I expect the worst. Spain have a fantastic team for sure, probably the best I've ever seen, but it doesn't guarantee anything and they need to stay humble and look at history: Spain never won a WC. The last ConfeCup was a good lesson to learn. The USA humilliated Spain, because they were thinking in Brazil. That's not the way to go... and you must know how to hold the pressure of being a real candidate for the title. That's never easy.

The WC is similar to the CL or other KO tournaments in several things: you obviously need to have a good team that is able to play 7 good games in a row, but you also need the required dose of luck you need in certain moments.

For example, in the last Euro, Spain had it in the game vs Italy. We went to the penalties and we won, but it could have been the other way and noone would talk about Spain now. Italy won the last WC in the penalties too. The penalties are a lottery. Then a stupid red card can cost you a game in the QFs... you can always find a ref like the one Spain (and Italy!) got in Korea... there are so many factors that you can not always control.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts