Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everybody seems to be neglecting this match since it's really un-important!

But I think this serves a chance to see how ready the non-starters and B team players are since almost all first team will not be in this match for one reason or another.

Raul, Zizou, Makelele and Savio are injured in some ways, and Del Bosqe has reportedly decide to leave out Hierro and Salgado.

This is the list from the official site:
Goalkeepers: Casillas, César y Carlos Sánchez.
Defenders: Geremi, Pavón, Karanka, Iván Campo, Roberto Carlos, Rubén, Raúl Bravo y Borja.
Midfielders: Figo, Helguera, Flavio, Celades, McManaman, Solari, Valdo, Sousa y Álvaro.
Forwards: Guti, Munitis, Morientes y Portillo.

Expected lineup:
____________Casillas
Geremi___Pavon__Karanka__RC
Figo___Flavio__Celades___Solari
________Morientes__Munitis

Of course you can expect a lot of drastic changes since this is a friendly and I figure almost all will get some playing time at some stage or another.

Since result is non-consequential, I'm looking forwards towards the players' performance more than anything.

PS: Of course this would be a good chance to evaluate the performance of Nakamura (if he's playing)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm not especially anti-Marinos nor Nakamura hater, but I 'm sure as hell that he is not the caliber to play in La Liga, let alone as a member of the world's greatest team of this century. He is one of the most overrated players in Japan, because of his superb freekicks and elegant pass skills. And I suspect his transfer to Real Madrid is aimed at nothing more than earning money. We will see him playing with a division 2 team, without playing single game with the Real's top team. He is only excellent in two points: freekicks and passes. No more, no less. He can`t dribble through defenders like Alex dos Santos (who's naturalized to Japan a couple of months ago), nor does he have stamina and agressiveness in defense like Toda (Jap NT midfielder). That`s why Troussier hasn`t picked him out as a first choice for Japan NT after Asia Cup in Lebanon, in addition to the coach's claim that Nakamura wouldn't play as he was told to, and that he is too weak to tackle with strong national teams, and that Nakamura is his squad's 14th choice, which is the answer when asked by people why Nakamura wasn't chosen. Some people might be expecting him to be a player like Ono of Feyenoord, but I'm really sorry to let them down to say this, he is far below Ono.
It may sound funny but in return for letting you down, we have a special gem for you waiting to bloom during or after the world cup. Alex dos Santos of Shimizu S-pulse, also Japan NT's left wingback. He is hell of a player, nobody compares to him in terms of dribble and speed, and just in my opinion, I wouldn't be surprised even if he would be playing as a starter for Celta, or La Coruna or whatever. He has enough attacking sense, I think, to cover all his sloppy work for defense. I hear La Coruna is after him. He won't let them down, I'm sure.
I 'm sorry I changed the course of topic a bit, so let's get back to the game itself. I'm not too excited about this game, but Japanese media are ever crazy about this game. That's understandable to you guys, isn't it? Real Madrid is the greatest team ever in history of football, and this year happens to be her centennial, and Japan has the privilege to make a match with this superb team just prior to the WC. In contrast to all those fervor and passion for this game among Japanese people's mind, what's Real Madrid fan's anticipation like? It's like "Oh, it means nothing! For money's sake!?", or "a good occasion for B team players to release their pent-up energy", or something like that, right? Whatever. I just wanted to mention that Nakamura is not a big time player, but Alex dos Santos is. Oh, anyway Nakamura isn't going to play there because of his injury he suffered in the last match with Honduras. He showed a good performance there, because Honduras played crappy (so did Japan).

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
I have to agree, Perez is looking to expand the asian market and make the Real Madrid brand name competetive with Man United

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Full time:

Real Madrid 1 - 0 Japan

Congo scored the madrid goal after a roberto carlos free kick. Raul and Zidane were absent and Figo and Roberto Carlos only played for a half hour.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
before the world cup coming,any other official or friendly we should play besides the last league round and CL final?

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,487 Posts
We WON ??? I hope it was a Cup ... we need it !!!!

:dielaugh:

·
Registered
52 Posts
bummer!

ugh, a big fat bummer!!!:groan: Alex dos Santos was too involved in defense to attack. The pitch condition was horrible, audience was small.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Looks like i completely missed this one :eek:

Tell me, how did the Real Madrid B-team (if there were any) do in this match?

And Gorosune, nice to see such a knowledgeable Asian fan. Iam sure iam being unfair now, but when i think of Asian football fans the team Man United gets in my mind :embarrased:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Micke said:
And Gorosune, nice to see such a knowledgeable Asian fan. Iam sure iam being unfair now, but when i think of Asian football fans the team Man United gets in my mind :embarrased:
Thats definitely the case here.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
I only saw portions of the match.

The pitch was abseloutly dreadful, i was laughing seeing passes or shots just stop in track with all the water and mud on the pitch :howler:

Alvaro played and was very impressive! :eek: and there was a right wiger called Valdo or something? :confused:

No idea why Portillo didn't play the whole match though! :mad:

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Vampire Lestat said:
...No idea why Portillo didn't play the whole match though! :mad:
There's only so much players we can expose, Lestat. Our team's too big at the moment.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts