Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight at 18.00 we'll play a friendly in the beautiful Ellakuri stadium from Laudio. Laudio is a Segunda B side.

Players called:
Iraizoz, Toquero, Erik Morán, San José, Beñat, Ibai, Albizua, Iago Herrerín, Susaeta, X.Etxeita, Mikel Rico, Ander Herrera, Saborit, Ekiza, Guillermo, Aketxe, Guarrotxena, Magdaleno, Williams y Seguín.

That means probably Magdaleno, Williams and Seguín will make their first ever minutes for the first team.

There's been a lot of talk about Williams, at least, I know something about him. But what about Magdaleno and Seguín? Iribar? GT84? Anyone? :hopeful:

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
0-0 at half time. These players started the game.

Iraizoz, Albizua, Etxeita, Ekiza, Saborit, Ibai, Beñat, Ander Herrera, Susaeta, Aketxe y Guillermo.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 2nd half was played by these players: Herrerin, Albizua, Ekiza, San José, Magdaleno, Morán, Rico, Guarrotxena, Seguin, Toquero, Williams.

That means Magdaleno, Seguin and Williams made their debut.

We lost 1-0, after Kepa del Olmo scored a penalty committed by Iago Herrerín in the 47th minute.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Hi Knoert!

Seguín I've never seen. When it comes to Magdaleno I think he's one of the three BA defenders which might be good enough to cover first team places already, the others being right back Bustinza and central defender Jon García.

It's hard to define him after only seeing 5-6 games but if you imagine a mix of Balenziaga and Saborit it might help. He's got good positioning and concentration, works very hard and knows the line in and out like Balenziaga, he's not as stable but looks mature, reads the game well. If the players surrounding him play good I think he could work defensively.

Offensively he's very helpful, a bit better with the ball than Mikel and willing to run far up adding an extra player in attack, great at linking up with team-mates (one-twos for example), like Saborit when he shines. He's got important experience this season with the defender problems in BA, learning to play in an unstable defense.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts