Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
70,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tuesday, 29 March. 20:45.

Netanya stadium, Netanya

Razvan Marin, Alex Mitrita, Deian Sorescu and Florin Tanase are out due to COVID.

Petrila and Olaru were called.

Head to Head: 22 matches, 12 Romania wins, 5 draws, 5 Israel wins.

·
General Iordanescu
31,204 Posts
Răzvan Marin, Alexandru Mitriță, Deian Sorescu și Florin Tănase au fost confirmați cu Covid-19, Alexandru Maxim are o viroză respiratorie, iar Mario Camora acuză probleme musculare.

Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Number

·
General Iordanescu
31,204 Posts
Not many options, and I assume Olaru and Petrila won't start. Assuming everyone else is OK, we could do:

Nita -- Ratiu, Chiriches, Rus, Bancu -- M. Marin, Cicaldau -- Man, Tavi, Mihaila -- Alibec

Another interessting thing -- who should wear the #10? Cicaldau?

·
Registered
18,372 Posts
Not many options, and I assume Olaru and Petrila won't start. Assuming everyone else is OK, we could do:

Nita -- Ratiu, Chiriches, Rus, Bancu -- M. Marin, Cicaldau -- Man, Tavi, Mihaila -- Alibec

Another interessting thing -- who should wear the #10? Cicaldau?
Very sad to loose Maxim on his current form, despite him not being great on the last game

If we recover the players missing on the last game as it seems, we are fine. I like your team. Olaru could start as many midfielders are out, Petrila probably won't. I really hope Man is able to start

·
Registered
18,372 Posts
Our midfielders have an average of 6 caps between them. Don't expect a clockwork collaboration between them...
Yeah, just what a new coach needs. Edi wanted a core and he has to improvise in the only friendlies he has...

But Marin, Mihaila, Olaru and Popescu shared the U21 squad, Olaru was at Euro 2019 with Cic, Man and Ivan, Olaru and Popescu come from.FCSB, Etc. There should be some chemistry between them

·
General Iordanescu
31,204 Posts
Echipa probabilă a României: Niță - Manea, Chiricheș, Burcă, Toșca - Petrila, Olaru, Cicâldău, Mihăilă - Ivan, Oct. Popescu

I think GSP is pulling this out of their asses. 4-4-2 without a real striker? WTF.

What's the deal with Marius Marin BTW? Starter for one of the better teams in Serie B but never considered. IMO a 'punct fix' as DM.

·
Registered
18,372 Posts
Matin should start, I really don't understand what happens, how can Bordeianu be preferred iver him, Radoi not using a DM, crazy...

The big question is if the previously ill players can start. If they can Man, Bancu and probably Alibec should start

Regarding Ivan he can be striker, he did for Craiova and he scored often there, while as winger he assists more. Not great but not crazy given our options

·
Registered
70,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What I'd do...

--------------------------Aioani
-----------Nedelcearu---------Burca
Manea-----------------------------------------Bancu
-----------------------Chiriches
------------M.Marin---------------Popescu
-------Man------------------------------Mihaila
-------------------------Alibec

·
Registered
18,372 Posts
My team

Aioani

Ratiu (if fit) Chiriches Dragusin Bancu

M. Marin

Olaru Cicaldau

Man Alibec Popescu

Mihaila seems out of shape altough his father said he is fine physically (which is crucial after his injury)

I want Tavi close to the box where his skills make a difference. Olaru and Cic can be a creative and balanced midfield with Marin there

I'd give Dragusin his chance, and Chiriches there to bring necessary experience. Even when we need to test players, we need good results aswell cause the morale is quite low

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
Aoini,

Ratiu, Chiriches, Dragusin, Tosca
-----Cicaldau--M.Marin
Man--------------Mihaila
---Puscas--Alibec

I would do this.. We need a second striker, our offence is non existent.

·
General Iordanescu
31,204 Posts
Regarding Ivan he can be striker, he did for Craiova and he scored often there, while as winger he assists more. Not great but not crazy given our options
Normally I agree with you, but honestly, Ivan isn't a goal scorer. Never was, never will be. Can he score in Liga 1? Sure... but this is the big leagues. Some of these teams we play against actually have professional footballers. Even Greece.

·
Registered
70,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Marcel Puscas:

„N-am nimic cu Pușcaș, săracul. Să mă ierte, dar la cum a jucat în ultimul meci, la fel de bine ar fi putut juca și Bălan de la noi, de la Craiova, sau Bălan de la Rapid, poate chiar Dumiter de la FCSB sau Mihai Roman de la FC Botoșani.

Nu avem atacanți. De unde să luăm atacanți în această ligă a noastră? Poate o să revină și Florin Andone. Sau, poate ar fi mai bine să revină Mutu sau Daniel Niculae”

Absolutely shocking.

But trying Miculescu there is not in the calculations.

And again, and as we said in other ocassions, this comes from the formation. We have to produce many more strikers, stop with the offensive midfielders and wingers. It seems that every minimally talented boy has to be a winger.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts