Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The squad for the match on Wednesday was announced by Grant:

Goalkeepers: Dudu Awat, Ohad Cohen, Nir Davidovich
Defenders: Tal Ben Haim, Shimon Gershon, Arik Benado, Kalmi Saban, Alon Harazi, Abed Rabach, Adoram Keisi, Avi Strull
Midfielders: Idan Tal, Avi Nimni, Walid Badir, Abas Suan, Omri Afek, Yossi Shivchon, David Revivo, Yossi Benayoun
Strikers: Yaniv Katan, Omer Golan, Pini Balili

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Ohad Cohen :sweeteye:

What about Korenfine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :frustrat:

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RossoNeri_BAKU said:
I predict a draw to this match...

Is it true, that your NT lost to CSKA Moscow? :dazed:
Yes. But it was a very weakened lineup, none of our players abroad played and our lineup included several players who don't play in the NT usually and weren't called up for this game for example.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
RossoNeri_BAKU said:
I predict a draw to this match...

Is it true, that your NT lost to CSKA Moscow? :dazed:
Yes. It lost 1-0. Even though it was a practice match and without our players from abroad a loss like this shouldn´t happen.
These games are good to observe the weak points we should work on.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
:groan: CSKA played it dirty.....

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
I expect a 0-1 win for Croatia. Croatia is too good for us, we will never have a chance. Everything depends on Tal or Benayoun. Both must have a good day to win against them.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Arik1983 said:
if croatia will win the game then israel will definitely lose against ireland.

true! We lost 1-0 to Croatia, Croatia lost 1-0 to Ireland..

so what can we expect from the irish? :irritate:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Haimrevivo1 said:
I expect a 0-1 win for Croatia. Croatia is too good for us, we will never have a chance. Everything depends on Tal or Benayoun. Both must have a good day to win against them.
Sadly, i'd have to agree with you. If only we could play as a team.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Arik1983 said:
if croatia will win the game then israel will definitely lose against ireland.
That is a funny comment. The game against Croatia is a friendly. It has no importance at all and means very little even if we win or lose by 5 goals. The purpose of a friendly game is for the manager to try out various combinations and see which players play the best together. It has nothing to do with the game against Ireland or any other official match.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm afraid from the reply of Grant.
If we'll win he'll said "this is very good win before the game against Ireland", but if we'll loose he'll said "it was just a friendly game" :rolleyes: .

BTW, I'm new here, nice place :thumbsup: ...

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome to our forum Dave :)

It's true it's only an experimental game, the result could help our moral and nothing more really, although Grant will probably say something like 'I was happy with the way we played...' regardless of the result. ;) Unfortunately we'll have to do without the injured Tal Ben Haim, Saban will probably take his place. Dudu Awatt is expected to start as well, it would be interesting to see how he plays. I think a draw is the most likely result here.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Raanan said:
Welcome to our forum Dave :)

It's true it's only an experimental game, the result could help our moral and nothing more really, although Grant will probably say something like 'I was happy with the way we played...' regardless of the result. ;) Unfortunately we'll have to do without the injured Tal Ben Haim, Saban will probably take his place. Dudu Awatt is expected to start as well, it would be interesting to see how he plays. I think a draw is the most likely result here.
I don't think so, I think that Croatia is a good team, their play is very dynamic, as we saw at the euro 2004.
I'm afraid from this game.
BTW, maybe I'll be in the stadium ;) .

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
It's difficult to say, what the result of the game will be. I expect a 1-0 or maybe 2-0 win for Croatia because they are the better team without doubt. They have great strikers with Ivan Klasnic and Dado Prso and also a solid defence with Srna, Simic etc... I dont think that there will be many spectators in Jerusalem coz of the high ticket prices..

Its time for Yossi Benayoun to show a good performance. His last was in the Real game a month ago and thats not enough to raise interest of international scout. His performances are not constant.

I hope that Idan Tal will keep his unbelievable form until the next WC 2006 Quali games. I would say that he is currently better than Benayoun. I expect a lot of him. He is IMO the only one who can play dangerous situation with Benayoun.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
When does this game start?

·
Registered
69,457 Posts
Some Croatia news, Prso and Tudor are out injured, in are Goran Sablic (Dinamo Kiev) and Sasa Bjelanovic (Lecce), the U21's also play tommorow, last time you guys beat us 2-0 in Varazdin.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
HajdukSplit said:
Some Croatia news, Prso and Tudor are out injured, in are Goran Sablic (Dinamo Kiev) and Sasa Bjelanovic (Lecce), the U21's also play tommorow, last time you guys beat us 2-0 in Varazdin.
Good news for the boys in blue

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
This friendly is going for bad, to worse to regrettable...

the referre is a no show!!!!!!
With less than 24 hours, the refeeree from turkia cannot make it to israel since Istanbul airport has cancellation due to bad weather and snow.

So who can fill his seat?

:( This is bad news..

especially since i bribed the turkish a couple of hundreds for the game :D

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The official lineup has been announced:
Awat, Afek, Gershon, Benado, Saban, Keisi, Badir, Tal, Nimni, Benayoun, Balili

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.