Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
68,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Days after qualifying for Euro 2020, UEFA practically forced this friendly on the HNS as they will play Georgia in Pula tomorrow. From the Slovakia game neither Modric or Brekalo will be available as Brekalo was loaned to the U21s and Modric returns to Real Madrid. Bruno Petkovic will also be rested as Dinamo play two important games in the upcoming week. Juranovic will likely make his debut

·
dinamo67
8,829 Posts
How's the starting lineup gonna look?

Kalinic
Bartolec Car Jedvaj Barisic
Kovacic Badelj
Perisic Vlasic Orsic
Rebic

Not really sure what it will be. Give Kalinic some playing time. Might boost his confidence. Would like to see Jedvaj play in his natural position and give the natural RB Bartolec a run. Barisic can get swapped out at the half with Melnjak. He's got one cap but I don't recall how he did there.

Kovacic should start. I would like to see Badelj get some action. Poor guy can't get any starts or playing time for that matter because of our CM depth. Good player that could start for any NT in the world imo. Pasalic and Rog to come in the second half. The amount of players we have in the middle is too much to handle. Rebic can start at the front since we'll have no CF.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Well finally stopped being lazy and reset my password after the new website format change. (Couldn't remember my password when i got signed out).

Anyway, Olic said that everyone on the squad will be given minutes

·
Banned
19,735 Posts
Nep bro, where are you? By forum tradition only you should be opening game threads...

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
FYI the game will be broadcast on ESPN3 here in USA

don't worry Ante, if it was a meaningful game (including a good friendly), I would've whipped up a thread. Especially since it takes place in beautiful Istria which allows for some really nice photos

·
Banned
19,735 Posts
FYI the game will be broadcast on ESPN3 here in USA

don't worry Ante, if it was a meaningful game (including a good friendly), I would've whipped up a thread. Especially since it takes place in beautiful Istria which allows for some really nice photos
Sounds good. PS thanks for the Slovakia game vid.

I think by XT tradition, you'll also need to open the "golden generation":p NTs threads as well...you bring them bad luck. )

·
Registered
68,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hopefully the last of Skoric, hate to pick on the guy but apparently he is really struggling at Osijek this season and basically he was the 4th choice defender all qualifying but suddenly when Dalic needed one he didn’t play. The guy couldn’t get a transfer out of the HNL even after some sympathy caps

·
Banned
19,735 Posts
lineup is:

Got to love Perisic...always makes himself available for the NT.

Unlike Rakitic...who I already saw was training with Barca the other day...so much for his latest "injury" which made him miss the Slovakia game....

Anyways, at full strength next summer, I go with Vlasic as a starter. Broz and Luka. Rakitic can fight for late game minutes if he likes...

·
Registered
68,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If Kalinic doesn’t find new club in January he has no business on the NT. How the hell is Skoric and Melnjak on this team who knows

·
Registered
471 Posts
Kovacic the best player for me in the first half. Rebic showing fight and determination clumsy with the ball as well. Skoric with school body defending on the goal. Kalinic looked even worse letting in a shot he should have saved.

·
Banned
19,735 Posts
Nice from Perisic. 2-1...

·
Registered
346 Posts
Ffs why the hell use Vlasic in such game against this kind of team???
Did it seem like he could miss 6 months?
Seriously Pjaca in estonia wasn't a lesson???

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Bartolec, Melnjak, and Škorić :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts