• Scoreless Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Armenia by 1 goal

Votes: 0 0.0%
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
69,973 Posts
Not his fault the goal, it was a good shot from dollar store Neymar, Skoric moments before couldn’t even clear the ball properly

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Rebić's touch and passing is atrocious. And Perišić was huffing and puffing just before coming off like never before.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Rebic is a disaster, basically when he is on he can be great but many times he doesn’t do much

Pretty much the same picture of the last three years, this team will concede to anybody these days. Not sure why people think Euros will be a success, we never take friendlies seriously but they have been bad in competitive matches as well with little sign of improvement with an aging squad

I think if they get hammered by Belgium the atmosphere will be awful heading into Euro
I doubt it will be a thrashing. The Belgians won't go at 100%, surely.

I've never been so pessimistic before a tourney. We're basically just hoping the players turn it on bevause it's what they've done in the past in these situations.

Reality is we have no foundation. The defence is shot and our forward line will revolve around a flakey Petković. And Dalić is doing his best to tell the players we're no good, I can't read his interviews anymore they're so bad.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Quick takeaways from what I saw.

Caleta Car is great on the ball. As a team we have been shithouse defensively but he has all the individual traits to become a very good defender for us. Just need to pair him with the right partner, hopefully Gvardiol.

Vrsaljko is done at this level. Juranovic should be the starter. Even though it was Armenia his touches were fantastic and he is dangerous going forward.

Vida showed some grit and character today. Hope he has a good tournament.

Barisic is bang average. Okay for the euros you start him for continuity and chemistry but afterwards let's not **** about. Sosa and Bradaric are the future.

Brozovic and Modric were good as usual.

Vlasic dangerous around the box and excellent player but Dalic needs to recognize when we need a CM and when we need an AM.

Kramaric very good and unselfish today surprisingly enough.

Perisic solid. Glad he got a goal hopefully gives him a boost going into the tournament.

Rebic awful. Needs to snap out of it. Maybe he is still carrying injury ? Saw him jogging a lot which is unlike him.

Not much else to say about the rest. In general I thought we played well but didn't take our chances. Going to need to convert against England otherwise we are toast. We will let in goals for sure.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Not gonna read to much into a friendly especially missing a few sitters. We know Barisic is not good and defense overall is very shaky. I think we will get out of the group anything after that depends on who we play. After this tournament we need to start incorporating more young guys especially on defense.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Rebic is a disaster, basically when he is on he can be great but many times he doesn’t do much

Pretty much the same picture of the last three years, this team will concede to anybody these days. Not sure why people think Euros will be a success, we never take friendlies seriously but they have been bad in competitive matches as well with little sign of improvement with an aging squad

I think if they get hammered by Belgium the atmosphere will be awful heading into Euro
He’s the same at Milan. He’s either really good or terrible there is no in between with him.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
I thought that was the best we've seen of Kramaric's integration into the NT. For once, he was able to work between the two lines very well. If that can be sustained, we may have resolved one of our issues, because we will create chances and get behind defenses with that sort of movement. We managed to do so against Armenia on several occasions.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I missed the first half of the game and didn't see how we lined up. Was it a 4-2-3-1 with Krama up top?

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I missed the first half of the game and didn't see how we lined up. Was it a 4-2-3-1 with Krama up top?
At the start it was 4-4-2 diamond with Perišić and Brekalo up top, Kramarić was CAM and Luka and Vlašić were the sides of the diamond with Brozović as the holding MF

But then Brekalo got hurt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Watching the Armenia game i felt that we need to get some secondary scoring from the wing players not named Perisic. Because between Brekalo, Orisc and Rebic between them have a combined 68 caps and 7 goals and 11 assists. 7 goals is a paltry return for wings with 68 caps. I agree Kramaric was good and his interchange in the beginning with Vlasic, and how they both dropped deep at different times was great . But he needs to score to make some impact because he has only scored 1 time for the NT since March of 2019 . i thnk if those sets wingers and Kramaric guys don't step up and deliver some goals for us, it will be down to basically Perisic and that will be a mighty tough ask of him.

And if we play a 4-2-3-1 i would have Modric in that number number 10 role sandwiched by Perisic on one side and either Brekalo/Vlasic on the other side. If Brekalo does not start you simply will not get much out of him. You'll get more bringing Rebic off the bench then you will out of Brekalo.

We will get a better look at how our LB and RB handle Belgium. Juranovic is good forward, but lets see how he plays against Belgium defensively.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
To get goals from Kramarić he has to be used properly. Just looking at all of the qualifying games we've played since the WC he has only three starts from 11 (once as the lone attacker and twice on the right wing).

41 - 55 of 55 Posts