Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FRF has already scheduled two friendlies: Latvia and Georgia. I have nothing against them, but really... I understand the Latvia game - preparation for Lithuania. Georgia though... I really don't get it. What's the purpose of this game?

Next available FIFA friendly date: 11 February 2009.

Who would be the ideal opponent?

The next official games after 11 February are against Serbia (at home, 28 March) and Austria (away, 1 April).

Ideal opponent for 11 February -> link.

·
Registered
69,959 Posts
The thing with Georgia...surely FRF couldn´t get a better opponent.

I´d play against Greece in February...or England.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Greece is such an ugly team right now, England would be a much better opponent as i think missing this euro is going to make the very motivated to perform well at the international stage.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
i don't think Croatia is similar to Serbia in terms of their playing style but i agree that they would be the best friendly considering the 2 opponents.

·
Registered
25,436 Posts
We have to learn how to play against teams like the Netherlands and Italy. I prefer a baptism by fire.

·
Registered
25,436 Posts
I've always thought Argentina played its friendlies very seriously.

·
Registered
16,567 Posts
You can see the motivation is different. The players don´t want to fly around to play a friendly. Besides a while ago Argentina started playing low class friendlies for the money just like Brazil, and we now see the NT playing USA, Mexico or Egypt, who may not be bad but clearly aren´t chosen for footballing reasons.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I agree the Latvia game makes sense, but we got to do better than Georgia. Is it that difficult to secure one against Portugal, Croatia or similar. And if not, instead of Georgia, I would prefer something like Slovakia or Bosnia.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
it's not like we are a bad option to play against, i mean we are an interesting opponent for a friendly. i think most countries would like to play against us, it's a good test therefore i don't understand why it's so hard for FRF to find strong teams...?!

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The thing with Georgia...surely FRF couldn´t get a better opponent.

I´d play against Greece in February...or England.
I agree the Latvia game makes sense, but we got to do better than Georgia. Is it that difficult to secure one against Portugal, Croatia or similar. And if not, instead of Georgia, I would prefer something like Slovakia or Bosnia.
it's not like we are a bad option to play against, i mean we are an interesting opponent for a friendly. i think most countries would like to play against us, it's a good test therefore i don't understand why it's so hard for FRF to find strong teams...?!
FRF was in a rush or something. Except us and Georgia - only 26 countries have already scheduled a friendly -> link.

Croatia, Slovakia, Bosnia - still available. Portugal play Brazil on November 11th, but they could play another friendly on the 19th.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts