1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The squad for Croatia game!

Ümit Özat, Fatih Akyel, Tuncay Þanlý (Fenerbahçe),
Tayfur Havutçu (Beþiktaþ)
Fatih Tekke, Gökdeniz Karadeniz, Tolga Seyhan (Trabzonspor) Çaðdaþ Atan (Denizlispor)
Ömer Çatkýç, Ýbrahim Toraman, Bülent Bölükbaþý (Gaziantepspor) Bülent Korkmaz, Hakan Þükür (Galatasaray)
Murat Hacýoðlu (Diyarbakýrspor)
Kenan Yelek (Samsunspor)
Deniz Barýþ, Serkan Balcý (Gençlerbirliði)
Zafer Özgültekin (Ankaragücü)
Zafer Biryol (Konyaspor)
Koray Avcý (Çaykur Rizespor)
Rüþtü Reçber (FC Barcelona)
Nihat Kahveci (Real Sociedad)
Fatih Sonkaya (Roda JC Kerkrade)
Hamit Altýntop (FC Schalke 04).

It must be a joke calling back Bülent Korkmaz and Hakan Sükür....

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Re: The squad for Croatia game!

Cengo said:
Fatih Tekke, Gökdeniz Karadeniz, Tolga Seyhan (Trabzonspor) Çaðdaþ Atan (Denizlispor)
Ömer Çatkýç, Ýbrahim Toraman, Bülent Bölükbaþý (Gaziantepspor) Bülent Korkmaz, Hakan Þükür (Galatasaray)
Kenan Yelek (Samsunspor)
Zafer Biryol (Konyaspor)

It is not a very good team but who cares? It was Günes assistant coach who picked this team and not our future NT coach.

Picking Bülent after he hasn't played a match for months is a very bad joke. :rollani:

·
Third Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
3,578 Posts
Re: The squad for Croatia game!

Cengo said:
Kenan Yelek (Samsunspor)
Zafer Biryol (Konyaspor)

Then bro no one from Gala :groan:
Ayip olurdu ;)

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: The squad for Croatia game!

Beast said:
Ayip olurdu ;)
That's why i think they were chosen.....it would have been better to call sabri or even Ömer!

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Btw where is Volkan? He deserves to be in the team ahead of Ömer. :mad:

Anyway this is my lineup:

........................Rüstü

Fatih.......Toraman.......Deniz.......Fatih

Gökdeniz....Altintop.....Ümit.....Serkan

...................Nihat......Tuncay

This is not a very impressive lineup. :rolleyes:

·
*the drum drum*
42,559 Posts
Re: Re: The squad for Croatia game!

Beast said:
Ayip olurdu ;)
And Tayfur from BJK..

That would've been really ayip :D

I think this is the least number of Istanbul-based players ever in an NT?!
Only 6.. Usually we have 6 from each team :D

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
without Emre and yildiray i don't think we'll be very effective, unless someone steps upto the plate to fill their shoes while they're gone.

tolga-tayfur is currently the hardest working player on Besiktas, he deserves to be called up.

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Its a unimportant game. I dont think that the regular players of the NT whould give their best anyway.

I just wonder who our next coach will be? :confused:

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some of you might not know but the team was selected by Senol Günes' assitant coach Ünal Karaman (former TS player).

First of all why is he still there....isnt it normal precudure that the whole staff resigns or is sacked.

Secondly, even if i dont get why Hakan is back in the team i could always accept it because the guy is still scoring. But we do have younger and skillful players that should be given a chance.

But there is no way in the world i can accpet that a guy who was cut from his own team only 3 days ago suddenly gets to play for the NT....im talking about Bülent Korkmaz. The guy hasnt played S¨per Ligi football for almost 4 months!

Its a disgrace that earning the Türkiye jersey is this easy......we dont even know in what shape the guy is in! Things like this can only happen in Türkiye.

And how come Fatih Akyel is called when he also havent played first team football during a long period. Ali G deserves the spot more than he does.

And i also dont get why we are calling players that are 33 years old....yes im talking about Tayfur Havutcu.....why not call players like Okan Koc instead.

There are names i havent even heard of!

.....and the comedy continues!!!

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
When will we create a striker as capable as Hakan Sukur?-That's the question. Love him or hate him, you have no choice but to respect him. Cohan, I feel as if I have more respect for Sukur as Besiktas fan than you-which is truely pathetic. hakan is the best striker to come out of Turkiye-ever!

Hadi Nihat and Tuncay, take his spot!

I agree with cenk, but bro, thanks to Luce's coaching style (defensive minded) Okan Koc hasn't been able to develop-or maybe he's developed in areas we don't see yet. Either way, obviously this team is a transitional team, and I don't understand the logic behind calling up korkmaz either.

BTW Alpay deserves a call-up, he IS the best defender we've ever had, unless someone fills his shoes fast..If bulent i called up, Alpay can surely be called up.

BTW: Defenders mature with age.

·
*the drum drum*
42,559 Posts
Firstly, I meant "And Tayfur", meaning that he's the only BJK player called up..
Going with Beast's "ayip olurdu" comment.. It could've been twice as ayip if there was no one from both GS and BJK..

Secondly, no he doesn't deserve his spot..
He hasn't played for the NT in a while, and we should be giving younger players a chance to prove themselves, not players who are in their twilight years..

The suspect call-ups IMO..
Fatih Akyel
Tayfur Havutçu
Tolga Seyhan
Çagdas Atan
Bülent Bölükbasi
Bülent Korkmaz
Hakan Sükür
Murat Hacioglu
Kenan Yelek
Zafer Özgültekin
Zafer Biryol
Koray Avci

That's enough to make a starting 11 with 1 substitute..

Cagdas, Bulent B, Murat, Kenan and Koray are all 2nd rate players who shouldn't come within 10 miles of the NT..

Tayfur, Hakan, Bulent K have over 100 years between them... :D

Fatih, Zafer Ö, Tolga and Zafer B..
Well, there's better alternatives to Fatih (Ali Günes) and Zafer Ö (Volkan)..
Tolga is average, but only gets his spot because of a little defender shortage for the NT..
And Zafer Biryol is just the flavour of the month.. It's taken him years to finally have a good season, and God knows if he'll ever have one half as good again.. But since he's in rich form, he deserves the spot "for now"...

You can say Hakan Sukur is the best Turkish forward ever, blah blah..
But remember, he was dropped from the side when he was in top form for Galatasaray.. Since then, his form has dropped back down to zero, and that suddenly earns him a call-up?! :yuck:

If calling up a team that will make the people happy means calling up no one from Galatasaray and/or Besiktas, who cares.. Do it..
Half of these guys will probably end up signing for one of those clubs next season anyway..

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
As much as I don't like seeing Bulent back in I don't know if we have anyone that can cover his positions, I say one or two of his mistakes is better than a whole game of mistakes by someone else. I don't know why Volkan wasn't called up, Zafer Ozgultekin and Omer are shit compared to him. Volkan is the future goalie for us, he's amazing. And Bulent didn't play in months but remember when Hakan didn't even have a team for like 8 months or so and he was still getting call-ups, and we weren't that desperate to have him either at least not in that position. but we just don't have any reliability on defense. I would have liked to seen Okan Buruk called up too. There are too many players that dont deserve to be called up that are here.I like Fatih Akyel in the team too, deserved can be questioned. But hey will we ever be happy? I say NO:D:D:D Once again let's see what happens.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
D-lite said:
When will we create a striker as capable as Hakan Sukur?-That's the question. Love him or hate him, you have no choice but to respect him. Cohan, I feel as if I have more respect for Sukur as Besiktas fan than you-which is truely pathetic. hakan is the best striker to come out of Turkiye-ever!

Hadi Nihat and Tuncay, take his spot!

I agree with cenk, but bro, thanks to Luce's coaching style (defensive minded) Okan Koc hasn't been able to develop-or maybe he's developed in areas we don't see yet. Either way, obviously this team is a transitional team, and I don't understand the logic behind calling up korkmaz either.

BTW Alpay deserves a call-up, he IS the best defender we've ever had, unless someone fills his shoes fast..If bulent i called up, Alpay can surely be called up.

BTW: Defenders mature with age.
:thumbsup: agree on alpay...

oldies shouldnt be thurr like bulent...a few oldies to play with the youngsters would be good...my lineup:

--------------recber
akyel, toraman, deniz, sonkaya
---------------ozat
-gokdeniz, hamit, bulent
----------nihat, tuncay

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
yeah I would like to see Hakan out of the starters but let's face it if he's called up he's gonna start and he'll manage to get a lucky header in like the one vs. Fenerbahce. I mean the guys head is huge so any ball in the air just deflects off it. So maybe he'll score than we'll hear how he's the best we have got, he sucks.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I wonder why Okan Buruk isn't called up? I assume Emre hasn't been because he is still recovering from injury but Okan has been working well for Inter and I thought he might be in the team.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Manny said:
Btw where is Volkan? He deserves to be in the team ahead of Ömer. :mad:

Anyway this is my lineup:

........................R�Et�E

Fatih.......Toraman.......Deniz.......Fatih

Gökdeniz....Altintop.....Ümit.....Serkan

...................Nihat......Tuncay

This is not a very impressive lineup. :rolleyes:

fatih, there are three fatihs in the team, sonkaza, akyel and tekke:rollani:

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Okans girl said:
I wonder why Okan Buruk isn't called up? I assume Emre hasn't been because he is still recovering from injury but Okan has been working well for Inter and I thought he might be in the team.
Exactly what I said earlier, he should of been called up, I don't understand it anymore I hope ersun Yanal comes as the coach real soon because I know that he will make the right decisions he's not an ass kisser like Senol Gunes and Co.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts