• Scoreless Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HRVATSKA by 1 goal

Votes: 0 0.0%
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Rebic is such a weak link at the moment. When he was in a line with Mandzo and Perisic then our press from the forward line was great and he benefitted from those turn overs. However, in terms of contributing to build up play, he was atrocious today. I'd rather a straight swap with Kramaric.

Gvardiol offers us more in terms of possession and variety of pass from the left. Not aware if he's defensively stronger that Barisic, but it's not as if Barisic sets a high bar. I wouldn't complain with another straight swap.

Vrsaljko?? I really don't know if he can play himself into this tournament. His timing and feel are so off at the moment.

Thought Kovacic was very good today.

This team has no excuses not to beat the Czech's and Scots, especially with Lovren in the starting 11.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I don't understand why Juranovic hasn't played a single minute yesterday.
It is like Dalic didn't want him to show once more to every people watching that he is the best RB we got right now.
He might change his plans and give the keys to Gvardiol as the LB.
But he will stick with Vrsaljko Vida.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
My guess is he's hoping that Vrsaljko will play himself back into form. He's giving him every chance and I can't blame him for wanting a player of that experience in the starting 11. It's a gamble that Dalic is well placed to judge, but after yesterday's performance I wouldn't be surprised if Dalic himself wasn't second guessing the value of that bet.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Best we can hope for is an inspired performance against England and then build momentum off that. Truth is we're shot, not even basing that off these last two games, just our general trajectory over the last 2-3 years.

Dalić can't fix in a month what he hasn't been able fix over the last couple of years.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Soo, does everyone still think Barisic is the answer to all our left back problems? He's never once been above average (at best) and as much as I don't think Melnjak is a good option...he's a better option that Barisic. At least Melnjak, for whatever reason, never demonstrates such an indecisive behavior and e forces the opposition get get back and defend him cause he's always pushing forward.

I've seen several comments about Melnjak and I agree with most, but I also think he's better than Barisic!

Petkovic is scaring me. I hope he's just playing like shit as some kind of scheme because if this is what we are gonna expect from him, we are doomed and will require scoring from Rebic, Perisic, Krama, Vlasic...

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Best we can hope for is an inspired performance against England and then build momentum off that. Truth is we're shot, not even basing that off these last two games, just our general trajectory over the last 2-3 years.

Dalić can't fix in a month what he hasn't been able fix over the last couple of years.
I won't deny that this isn't the logical conclusion to draw. But I note that we usually come out of pre-tournament camp in much better shape. I'm guessing its the concentrated period of time together and the big event on the immediate horizon. Contrast this with qualifiers etc where a lot of our players have previously remarked that they feel as if its a break from their club life.

I'm hoping that this camp produces some good results, but I too carry a lot of the doubts many of you do. Particularly as it relates to our ability to score.

·
Registered
247 Posts
We can't look like we are in shape if the guy deciding doesn't use the players that got legs.
Vrsaljko Vida and Barisic at the same time and Rebic on the right wing coming back from injury it is too much.

Give us Gvardiol Jura Ivanusec and we will see more energy.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts