Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HRVATSKA by 1 goal

Votes: 0 0.0%
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
22,851 Posts
Disappointed with Livakovic.
With Dinamo in europa league he has been huge.
But with Croatian NT he looks like the shirt is too heavy for him. If he doesn't step up big time we can't hope anything.
He doesn't command his area and its mayhem on every cross near the goal as you don't know if he is going for it or not. And then also stays glued to his goal line when he shouldn't.

Sime is finished. Easily beat on the goal with the cross in...he can't defend. And Broz, ffs, wake up. His "clearance' on the goal was half a.ssed. And Caleta Car also is going through the motions. Ffs, Lukaku can't have it that easy out there...make him work. Everyone is terrified to go near him it looks like.

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
That was an absolutely amazing save by Livakovic!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
If Dalic brings back Barisic over Gvardiol i will consider him as a criminal.
Vida and Vrsaljko shouldn't play either.
Our back line when all available should be Juranovic Lovren Caleta Car Gvardiol.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
It is not the backline that worries me. Yes starting Gvardiol is better defensively and he adds more speed on that side of the pitch. We created one good chance in that game, and that was at the end there. I just think Dalic would of been better trying Kramaric from the start in that game, to see if he could drag those Belgium Center backs out and off that backline. And seeing if Kramaric could get enough space between the lines to create for the other wingers , Modric and Kovacic. We generated so little offensively . maybe the answer is to put Juranovic and Gvardiol out there, to at least get some speed down juranovic's side and open up that space on that right side. I don't know if Rebic could of taken any advantage as his form has been off. Better you start Brekalo there right now, he seems more lively right now too.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Lots of problems to fix.
Agreed that Gvardiol & probably Juranovic should start over Barasic & Vrsaljko, though I'm not convinced about Juranovic's defensive qualities. I think Uremovic would have been an asset there, at least for defensive stability against the bigger teams.
The problems with our "senior" wingers is that Perisic, Rebic, Brekalo & Orsic all prefer playing from the left. Perisic seems to be the only one that can be somewhat effective on the right but then you diminish his input. Stuff it, I would try Ivanusec on the right as he naturally plays there. Round pegs for round holes. He is also fairly feisty, robust, has stamina & a modicum of skill & threat.
Need to find away to get Petkovic in the game if you are going to play him. He seemed to touch the ball twice in the first half & one was a clearance. I often had the same frustrations when Mandzo played, the system didn't get him involved enough.
Silly goal to give away. Livakovic a great shit stopper but terrible on crosses - typical Croatian keeper.

Still, this could be all part of a Dalic masterplan to lull the rest of the teams into a false sense of security. Here's hoping anyway...

21 - 40 of 53 Posts