Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
vs.

June 2nd, 2021 - 20:45 CET (2:45 EDT)

King Baudouin Stadium, Brussels Belgium (Capacity 50,093)

Warmup match prior to UEFA Euro 2020
Look for Gvardiol to get his first cap after Škorić's poor performance vs Armenija

Squad:

Head to Head comparison:

Betting odds from OddsChecker.com:

·
No pain - No gain.
4,385 Posts
Sadly, I see our NT losing this game...

·
Registered
6,791 Posts
I’d be surprised if they don’t beat us 3-1, 4-1…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dalmate

·
No pain - No gain.
4,385 Posts
I’d be surprised if they don’t beat us 3-1, 4-1…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same for me... Their midfield/attack are on fire, when our team still in building.

·
No pain - No gain.
4,385 Posts
Here is the Belgian lineup for tonight match against Greece. There's a lot of changes in their team due to the Eden Hazard, Kevin De Bruyne, Axel Witsel, Jan Vertonghen and Thomas Vermaelen absences.

Martinez has decided to let Youri Tielemans on the bench. (surely for playing against us).

Mignolet,

Alderweireld, Denayer, Boyata,

Meunier, Dendoncker, Praet, T. Hazard, Carrasco,

Doku,

Lukaku.​

·
No pain - No gain.
4,385 Posts
Very poor performance from the belgian team with 1-1 against Greece... I've predicted a loss for our NT, but this belgian NT without their key players is really really poor.

Actually, we're sure that De Bruyne and Witsel will be absent against us and for the first match of the Euro for De Bruyne and the first two matches for Witsel.

Eden Hazard is in doubt over the Euro, he still have some pain in his leg, and he try to find a solution for making the tournament and avoid a new serious injury.

This match between Belgium and Croatia will be a good test for both teams!

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
The result is totally irrelevant. Obviously don't want to be thrashed as it could affect morale but want to see some good play above all else.

·
No pain - No gain.
4,385 Posts
The result is totally irrelevant. Obviously don't want to be thrashed as it could affect morale but want to see some good play above all else.
After the Armenia draw, I think that the result is becoming very important for our squad, and for Dalic building. I can't imagine him says at his players "Ok guys, you had a draw against Armenia, and a loss against Belgium, but you're ready! And we can win this tournament."

Normally, the result is irrelevant in friendlies matches but here, we have a squad who is actually in building, and with Dalic who is trying to build motivation, a positive attitude inside the group etc etc... And I really believe that far from all the tactical approaches for the coach, this last result still very important.

You can't go at the Euro, play against England with two bad results in your head and think that you can beat them. As I said, for me, football is part of hard work and how mentally strong you are. And Dalic wants to see his players develop the mental/moral aspect, he said this a lot of times.

But yes, with a loss this weekend, this gonna be really tough for Dalic to build something positive with these players. Every players before these two friendlies has said that we can do something great in this tournament, and few days later, we're unable to score a second goal against Armenia, and we conceded a goal. So, ok, this was only a test match, but I'm sure that in some players heads, the doubts and negative thoughts are approaching.

We need to win this match, exactly as the belgian team has said that they need to win against us for the morale, motivation etc...

Finally, as some says here, our strikers didn't score much, for their positive approach of this tournament, they need to play, but before all to score. Because actually, we have a wonderful Kramaric at Hoffenheim, but a player who is totally unable to score a goal with his NT...

Moral and positive thoughts will be made by a positive result, but also with our players able to score goals, and not depend only on Perisic. The rest of the players needs to feel that they're able too. (Plus, Belgium still 1st at the FIFA ranking, and this will be a wonderful result for our NT).

So we must to win this match!

Reactions: Ante

·
Registered
22,852 Posts
We need to make sure no injuries and then lets go for it vs England next weekend. Lukaku will be a handful up front for our defenders.

Will look though if Rebic is any better, that was really bad vs Armenia...he was literally tripping over his own feet.

And will Sime do any better? He looked really rusty and the one play where his man right by midfield went by him without any attempt to defend..and Vida chased and tracked the guy down all the way to the box while Sime literally took a slow leisurely jog back without any care was a horrendous lack of effort. In fact, if I was Dalic I would have taken Sime off right there and then for that to send a message that kind of crap is not acceptable....(and I am a big Sime fan).

·
No pain - No gain.
4,385 Posts
We need to make sure no injuries and then lets go for it vs England next weekend. Lukaku will be a handful up front for our defenders.

Will look though if Rebic is any better, that was really bad vs Armenia...he was literally tripping over his own feet.

And will Sime do any better? He looked really rusty and the one play where his man right by midfield went by him without any attempt to defend..and Vida chased and tracked the guy down all the way to the box while Sime literally took a slow leisurely jog back without any care was a horrendous lack of effort. In fact, if I was Dalic I would have taken Sime off right there and then for that to send a message that kind of crap is not acceptable....(and I am a big Sime fan).
I totally agree with you Ante! Very well said!!

Reactions: Ante

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Izbornik Zlatko Dalić za utakmicu s Belgijom računa na 23 igrača. Iz kadra 26 zna se da nedostaje Dejan Lovren, koji je nešto teže ozlijeđen (medijalni kolateralni ligament koljena), te neće igrati niti na startu Eura s Engleskom, ali zbog lakših ozljeda na poštedi su Josip Brekalo i Joško Gvardiol. Prema liječnicima, njihovi problemi nisu ozbiljni, no nije ih uputno forsirati.

Reactions: dalmate

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
The are playing are a 4-3-3 against Belgium and the starters are Livakovic - Vrsaljko, Vida, Caleta Car, Barisic - Modric, Brozovic, Kovacic - Rebic, Petkovic, Perisic. I think DiegoDalma said the other day he thought that would Dalic would start with this lineup. and he is right.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Vida shouldn't be in the starting 11 anymore but Dalic wants to die with him and take us along with them.
The midfield is fine but we need better wing backs to have better control all over the pitch Juranovic brings more than Vrsaljko.
I would like to see guys like Orsic and Ivanusec upfront.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Ffs, Livakovic is so shakey in the air....and bam, goal.

Petkovic and Rebic are invisible. And Vida is getting used and absed by Lukaku.
Disappointed with Livakovic.
With Dinamo in europa league he has been huge.
But with Croatian NT he looks like the shirt is too heavy for him. If he doesn't step up big time we can't hope anything.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts