Xtratime Community banner

Belgija - Hrvatska: International Friendly

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
69,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here, I guess this will be the official friendly thread. Croatia play Belgium in two days in what I think is an important friendly, more than usually so. I just hope the players/coaches won't approach the match with "oh its only a friendly, we had two days to prepare blah blah blah..."

I am looking for a result here, a win, if they lose to Belgium I think that needs to be a wake up call in some guys being dropped, even if it includes the "big" names until they themselves wake up. Because realistically, this is our one serious friendly before Euro qualifications, good job HNS

Here is the squad in case you don't know:
Vedran Runje, Danijel Subasic

Vedran Corluka, Josip Simunic, Ivica Krizanac, Danijel Pranjic, Dario Knezevic, Dejan Lovren, Hrvoje Cale

Niko Kranjcar, Darijo Srna, Luka Modric, Ognjen Vukojevic, Tomislav Dujmovic, Ivan Rakitic, Nikola Pokrivac, Drago Gabric

Eduardo, Ivica Olic, Mladen Petric, Mario Mandzukic, Mate Bilic

·
Registered
69,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mladen Petric is out because of his injury in the Europa League. Bilic will not call up a new striker, its probably too late anyway

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
Mate Bilic :howler:

What a shame for our NT. He clearly sucks. There's no reason on earth to justify his call-up instead of Kalinic. (please don't tell me that Nikola doesn't score often yet, but the guy knows how to play football at least)

I'm seriously pissed.

And what the **** is wrong with Petric? Yeah it was a rough tackle, but he's always injured.

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
Offcourse he is being sarcastic... :D

Rahzel - Mate bilić sucks?
He is a starter in a mid table Spanish team, arguably the best league in the world. He had a killer 2008/09 scoring many a goal and playing a large part in Gijons season.

I dont think he sucks at all and would like to see him more in the NT where I think he can add value to our forward line while partnering with Eduardo (Not so much Olić because I dont think they would understand eachother as well :D )

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
bilic is similar to eduardo

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
I'm with Rahzel on this. I watch plenty of La Liga, he doesn't suck, he's just average. He doesn't excell in really any form of being a striker. From physical to technical to mental. Who knows though, he's done alright so far, sometimes it's much more then those aspects and maybe he can shine for the Vatreni like past players that also were average playing for their club.

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
Dado Pršo anyone :proud:

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Yeah, he's probably my favourite player that's played for the NT. Shame he played in such a generation! :groan:

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
I watched Bilic live in Vienna and a couple of times in La Liga and I can't help but not like the guy. As Blaz said he doesn't excell at anything at all and I don't see what he can add to our team.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I remember also Mate Bilic having scored a fair few of his goals from penalties, although I might be wrong on that.

Still I welcome his inclusion into the squad as I liked what I saw from him in the recent friendlies. We need to test out new players for the upcoming qualifiers, we need a plan b with different set of players rather then the same crop played out of position like always.....

Does anyone know if Bilic still plans on using Pranjic and Srna out of position?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Would love to see Bilic go with something like this:

---------------Runje

Srna----Corluka---Simunic----Cale

--------Vuk------Dujmovic

Gabric-------Kranjcar------Modric

-------------Eduardo

·
Registered
36,169 Posts
Belgija - Hrvatska

here's a poll...

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
narrow but win imo

·
Registered
722 Posts
Bilić nije želio otkriti sastav, a vjerojatno će istrčati: Runje - Ćorluka, Križanac, Šimunić, Pranjić - Srna, Vukojević, Modrić, Kranjčar - Eduardo, Olić.

no surprise

1 - 20 of 302 Posts