Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 192 Posts

·
Scudetto
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like it didn't get canceled. I read we are doing this for a measly €1.5m.

We will play:

Abbiati

Mattioni-Thiago Silva-Senderos-Favalli

Beckham-Emerson-Cardacio-Jankulovski

Pato-Shevchenko​

The game is about 3 hours from now.

·
Registered
15,586 Posts
Antonini benched even in this friendly :howler:

Oh well I shouldn't whine. It'll be interesting to see Cardaccio, Mattioni, Thiago Silva and Sheva play. Hoping to see Viudez a little as well, if he even is on the bench.

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
Antonini got a 4.5 by gazzetta in his last game. He should play in a meaningless friendly, but its rather silly to use his non-playing as an attack

·
Registered
15,586 Posts
Antonini got a 4.5 by gazzetta in his last game.
Of course he did, afterall this was his first game after a couple of weeks of the bench. He also got some nice ratings when he played a couple of games in a row, guess Carlo ruined that, didn't he?

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
Of course he did, afterall this was his first game after a couple of weeks of the bench. He also got some nice ratings when he played a couple of games in a row, guess Carlo ruined that, didn't he?
he did, he did! :howler: I lost track on how many careers the evil Carlo has ruined. :scared:

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
A measly 1.5 mil? SInce when has a 1.5 million euro appearance fee been measly? MEasly is when team go play for a few hundred thou.

Viudez would be nice. I think he may be the only player we have that has not played. We even had some guys play that I had never even heard of (some black guy who's name started with an S and sounded german) but this talented kid can't even get meaningless firendly minutes.

·
Registered
15,586 Posts
he did, he did! :howler: I lost track on how many careers the evil Carlo has ruined. :scared:
Too many :moan:

Viudez would be nice. I think he may be the only player we have that has not played. We even had some guys play that I had never even heard of (some black guy who's name started with an S and sounded german) but this talented kid can't even get meaningless firendly minutes.
Strasser is actually one of the more talented players in our Primavera. It's weird that some Primavera players don't get fielded in these friendlies, atleast Strasser, Viudez and Albertazzi who are supposed to be the most promising.

·
Registered
15,586 Posts
Is that sarcasm? I'm allergic to that stuff :eek:

No but this formation is the kind of that most of the XT wanted to see against Sampdoria. Although of course switch Mattioni, Favalli, Emerson and Cardaccio to Zambrotta, Antonini, Flamini and Pirlo. But still it's going to be interesting to see if Sheva can offload Pato a little bit and if the crosses will be more useful this time.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
The reason more of our primavera players and bench players don't play in these games is the other guys don't pay big appearance fees to watch unknowns play. They want Sheva and Dinho and Kaka and so on.

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
We have one goal. which is a conditio sine qua non, i.e. without achieving this Milan might very well stop existing - get to UCL for next year! I couldn't care less for Mantioni, Antonini, youngsters or whatever else, and their respective careers; for that matter I dont care about Emerson, Dida or Favali ... the only thing we need is to fill in every bludi Serie A game the best team we have. There is no time for short or long term planning, experimenting, trying youth and whatever. That is also relevant for friendlies - their only sporting goal is to help Carlo get the team in shape and get to where we have to be in 3 months from now.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
We have one goal. which is a conditio sine qua non, i.e. without achieving this Milan might very well stop existing - get to UCL for next year! I couldn't care less for Mantioni, Antonini, youngsters or whatever else, and their respective careers; for that matter I dont care about Emerson, Dida or Favali ... the only thing we need is to fill in every bludi Serie A game the best team we have. There is no time for short or long term planning, experimenting, trying youth and whatever. That is also relevant for friendlies - their only sporting goal is to help Carlo get the team in shape and get to where we have to be in 3 months from now.

I think friendlies are precisely where you experiment and try some young guys or different combos, but otherwise I agree. AS much as I want to see Cardaccio and Viudez play, I don't think now is the time to do it in the league when each point is so crucial. Carlo was crucified fielding Ambro instead of Viudez, but it was a smart move (if cautious and boring). Viudez has not played a single second with the first team and Ambro, although no forward, is still good in the air and could serve as a target man for the 8 lousy minutes we needed. Viudez would has gotten nothing out of playing 8 minutes (maybe one or two touches?) but having a never ever played rookie on the field could have caused problems. With all these injuries doing anything to creative is tough anyway.

·
Registered
310 Posts
The only goal of friendlies is erning money!
The goal of Milan is 3rd place... for a year in a row! How proud!!!

1 - 20 of 192 Posts