Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which 22 players would you call up? Germany called up their 22 players already and I think Lippi will announce it tommorrow.

Here is who I would call up:

GK (2)
Buffon
Peruzzi

DEF (8)
PANUCCI
Nesta
Cannavaro
Grosso
Oddo
MORETTI
Materazzi
PASQUAL

MID (7)
Camoranesi
Pirlo
Gattuso
FIORE
De Rossi
PERROTTA
MARCHIONNI

FWDS (5)
Toni
Gilardino
Del Piero
CASSANO
LUCARELLI

Obviously Totti and Zambrotta are out with injury.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
If it was for me i'd call all those in your list with the exceptions of:

Amelia instead of Peruzzi
Barzagli instead of Materazzi

But i don't think Lippi will call: Panucci, Moretti, Cassano, he'll call Zaccardo, Materazzi, & possibly Vieri or Di Michele instead

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
The squad I predict will be this boring one

Buffon, Peruzzi

Bonera, Zaccardo, Nesta, Cannavaro, Barzagli, Materazzi, Grosso, Chiellini

De Rossi, Gattuso, Pirlo, Perrotta, Camoranesi, Marchionni, Diana

Gilardino, Del Piero, Toni, Vieri, Cassano.

-----------------------------------------------------------

To me Zaccardo and Bonera being called is unacceptable, but I predict this. Also I hope he calls Perrotta and not Barone. Cassano I think will be called, but if not it will be Iaquinta.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The squad I would want:

Buffon, Peruzzi

Panucci, Oddo, Cannavaro, Nesta, Barzagli, Moretti, Grosso, Chiellini.

Gattuso, Pirlo, Maresca, Perrotta, De Rossi, Camoranesi, Marchionni

Del Piero, Cassano, Toni, Gilardino, Vieri

Lucarelli is a big possibility for me, Im not sure, its between he and Vieri... I wouldnt call Di Michele right now, Id have Inzaghi before him.

·
Registered
46,043 Posts
My prediction:

Buffon, Peruzzi

Zaccardo, Nesta, Cannavaro, Barzagli, Materazzi, Grosso, Oddo, Chiellini.

De Rossi, Gattuso, Pirlo, Camoranesi, Diana, Barone.

Gilardino, Del Piero, Toni, Iaquinta.

and the starting lineup:

------------------------Buffon
Zaccardo------Cannavaro-----Nesta-----Grosso
Camoranesi-----Gattuso-------Pirlo------Del Piero
---------------Gilardino--------Toni

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Are you sure Perrotta will still not be called?

·
Registered
46,043 Posts
roma/totti said:
man it would be pathtic if italy can't beat a really beat german team at home. really it would.
Why? :googly: Germany is always Germany, that means one of the traditional forces of international football. They are no more the great team they were in the past but they cannot be defeated so easily at home nevertheless. BTW we have lost to much worse teams in the recent past.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Well this will be a mark of how far we have Germany have come along. Our form has been absolutely shambolic and Klinsi's selections even more so.

How he did not call up Stefan Kiessling and Sebastian Kehl i do not know.

But we have to do the best with what we have.

Ballack v Gattuso again :D be a treat to watch:)

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
i think with the threat of Totti missing the world cup, we should see the likes of cassano making it. In addition, names such as marchionni, perrotta and even maresca who have all been impressive lately.

with zambrotta missing i would like to see Oddo or even Balzaretti get a chance.

buffon
oddo nesta cannavaro grosso
camoranesi pirlo gattuso
cassano
toni gilardino

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
----------buffon
oddo-nesta-cannavaro-grosso
camoranesi-pirlo-gattuso
---------------------del piero
-----gilardino---toni---------

or to try something for the world cup if totti can't make it...

----------buffon
oddo-nesta-cannavaro-grosso
---------pirlo--gattuso------
marchionni----------camoranesi
---------toni-----del piero

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Portieri: Buffon (Juventus), Amelia (Livorno) De Sanctis (Udinese); difensori: Barzagli (Palermo), Cannavaro (Juventus), Grosso (Palermo), Materazzi (Inter), Nesta (Milan), Oddo (Lazio), Pasqual (Fiorentina), Zaccardo (Palermo); centrocampisti: Barone (Palermo), Camoranesi (Juventus), De Rossi (Roma), Diana (Sampdoria), Gattuso (Milan), Perrotta (Roma), Pirlo (Milan); attaccanti: Del Piero (Juventus), Gilardino (Milan), Iaquinta (Udinese), Toni (Fiorentina), Vieri (Monaco).

Im sorry but Lippi is boring. Zaccardi remains? Iaquinta remains even though he can only score pens... and also with the absence of Totti, Lippi has called no one new? Marchionni? Cassano? Or anyone with imagination...

Also Barone and Diana remain. I am happy for Perrotta and Pasqual who deserve the calls.

Still this is a very boring squad, I really hope Totti is ready for the WC because that team lacks any ideas unless DP and Pirlo are in unbelievable form.

My line-up

Buffon; Oddo, Nesta, Cannavaro, Pasqual (hes called so he should be tested); De Rossi; Perrotta, Pirlo; Gilardino or Camoranesi, Toni, Del Piero.

Something slightly different but in the end I predict the team to include Zaccardo, Gattuso in place of De Rossi and Perrotta out with both Camo and Gila starting... Grosso prob at LB also.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Stupid Lippi!!!

What is he seeing in Diana?! Where is Marchionni for god's sake!! Its impossible to take the lazy nontalented crappy diana to the WC, & leave the talented younger, more effective, more rapid Marchionni!!

Materazzi, Diana, Iaquinta do not deserve it, to be honest!!

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
fuuuuuuuck lippi!!!!!!!!!!!

how the fvck can materazzi be called while cassano is not? lippi is a fvcking hypocrite!!!!!!!!!!!! and how the **** is marchionni not called?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Iaquinta doesn't deserve to be here, even when he was on form for Udinese he wasn't doing well for the azzurri. Inzaghi should be given a chance. He is a prolific azzurri scorer and is in great form.

I can't complain if we keep winning though, and thats one thing Lippi has managed to do.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
unbelievable, that fekker of a vieri is called up again, while he had to move to a fekkin' crap league,
while pippo inzaghi scored AGAIn, and regained his form AGAIN, yet he's left at home!

fekkin" lippi, you puta madre ! :mad:

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
i was waiting for this match since it was announced and now im just pissed off! marchionni is 10 times the player camoranesi is, and he cares about our national team not like that gobbi argentine one leg peg, whos slow and more overrated than de rossi

·
Banned
734 Posts
marlo85 said:
i was waiting for this match since it was announced and now im just pissed off! marchionni is 10 times the player camoranesi is, and he cares about our national team not like that gobbi argentine one leg peg, whos slow and more overrated than de rossi
woah de rossi is not overated. some of lippi's selections are a bit bad. but he did take perrotta and pasqual, they deserve the call. materazzi get picked because lippi has to pick at least one inter player...bullshit, i say.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Good to see that Oddo is in the squad. Not so good to see Zaccardo, Vieri and Iaquinta. Why not Lucarelli or someone who unlike Vieri scores regularly? This team seems quile lacking in creativity, not that I see many alternatives to Totti but still it wouldn't hurt trying someone else in his position.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
roma/totti said:
woah de rossi is not overated. some of lippi's selections are a bit bad. but he did take perrotta and pasqual, they deserve the call. materazzi get picked because lippi has to pick at least one inter player...bullshit, i say.

explain to me how de rossi is not overrated? i mean i look very hard for soemthing special in the guy but i seee nothing, he sucks. he cant tackle, he cant dribble, he cant pass.......what can he do? im not biased so dont pull that card on me, i wanna like de rossi and be able to say ''hes a great player'' but hes not! surely someone else must be able to admit that de rossi is crap, wheres pirri?

and deano you complain about barone being called up, but hes much better than de rossi in probably every department except for maybe heading the ball.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts