Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yartsev calls up uncapped duo

FC Rubin Kazan defender Roman Sharonov and FC Zenit St. Peterburg midfield player Vladimir Bystrov are among the surprise names in Georgi Yartsev's squad for next Wednesday's friendly against fellow UEFA EURO 2004™ qualifiers Bulgaria in Sofia.

Impressive performance
Both players are uncapped, although they did travel with an experimental Russia squad to Japan in February. The 20-year-old Bystrov played impressively on the opening day of the Russian season when he came off the bench to inspire Zenit to a 3-2 win against SC Rotor Volgograd, scoring as they overturned a two-goal deficit.

Key figure
The 28-year-old Sharonov, meanwhile, is one the key figures in the surprise recent success of Rubin, who finished third in the Premier-Liga in their first top-flight campaign after winning promotion in 2002.

Suspended duo included
Another surprise is Yartsev's decision to call up FC Kuban Krasnodar defender Andrei Solomatin. More predictable, however, is his inclusion of PFC CSKA Moskva defender Sergei Ignashevitch and FC Dinamo Moskva striker Dmitri Bulykin, despite their five-match domestic bans following last weekend's Moscow derby brawl. Finally, Zenit's Vyachslav Malafeev, the regular reserve goalkeeper, is missing with a broken wrist

Here all players called for the game:

Sergei Ovchinnikov G "Lokomotiv" (Moscow)
Igor Akinfeev G CSKA (Moscow)
Dmitri Sennikov D "Lokomotiv" (Moscow)
Sergei Ignashevitch D CSKA (Moscow)
Victor Onopko D "Saturn" (Moscow Region)
Andrei Solomatin D "Kuban" (Krasnodar)
Vadim Evseev D "Lokomotiv" (Moscow)
Roman Sharonov D "Rubin" (Kazan)
Rolan Gusev M CSKA (Moscow)
Alexander Mostovoi M "Celta" (Spain)
Marat Izmailov M "Lokomotiv" (Moscow)
Alexei Smertin M "Portsmouth" (England)
Dmitri Loskov M "Lokomotiv" (Moscow)
Dmitri Alenichev M "Porto" (Portugal)
Igor Semshov M "Torpedo" (Moscow)
Vladimir Bystrov M "Zenit" (Sankt-Petersburg)
Vladislav Radimov M "Zenit" (Sankt-Peterburg)
Dmitri Boulykin F "Dinamo" (Moscow)
Dmitri Sychev F "Lokomotiv" (Moscow)
Alexander Kerzhakov F "Zenit" (Sankt-Petersburg)

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Defensive duo given finals chance

Bulgaria have recalled defenders Zlatomir Zagorcic and Ilian Stoianov for the friendly international against Russia in Sofia on Wednesday week.

Chance to shine
Zagorcic of PFC Litex Lovech is back in favour after being omitted for several recent matches, while PFC Levski Sofia's Stoianov returns from injury for what promises to be a stiff test against Bulgaria's fellow UEFA EURO 2004™ finalists at the Vassil Levski stadium. Both men will want to stake a claim for a place in the squad for Portugal.

Missing
Injury has deprived coach Plamen Markov of strikers Vladimir Manchev and Svetoslav Todorov, from Lille OSC and Portsmouth FC respectively, neither of whom is considered fit enough for selection. Defenders Zhivko Zhelev and Nikolai Krastev have been dropped and there is also no place for midfield player Daniel Borimirov and forward Martin Kamburov.

Cameroon next
The match will be Bulgaria's second friendly of the year as they warm up for the EURO 2004™ finals in June. Markov's side lost 2-0 in Greece last month, and their next assignment after the Russia game will be against Cameroon on 28 April.

Bulgaria squad
Zdravkov, Ivankov, Topuzakov, Kirilov, Zagorcic, Pazhin, Stoianov, I Petkov, M Petkov, Yanchev, Peev, M Hristov, Dimitrov, S Petrov, M Petrov, Lazarov, Berbatov, Jankovic.

·
Registered
414 Posts
there's probably gnna be a HUGE polic presence at the match, since both countrys have enormous hooligan followings. although Russians and Bulgarians have always been on very good terms.

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
CSKA Now said:
there's probably gnna be a HUGE polic presence at the match, since both countrys have enormous hooligan followings. although Russians and Bulgarians have always been on very good terms.
Good game…I wish I could watch it.
Prediction 2-2

·
Registered
414 Posts
no ones gunan egt to watch this shit unless ur in Bulgaria or Russia. my Russian television in the U.S. doesn't show anything.

just the Russian cup, but im happy with that.

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CSKA Now said:
no ones gunan egt to watch this shit unless ur in Bulgaria or Russia. my Russian television in the U.S. doesn't show anything.

just the Russian cup, but im happy with that.
i will try to ask to my Loko's friend if some channels show the match on internet:D
if yes i will write the link here:D

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
CSKA Now said:
my bad, i thought i saw Rudy Voller talk about his side's fixture with romania. wtf lol.

ya but i think if Romania plays in top form they will win 2-0 or 3-0.
I think so too, but I guess it doesn't matter since it is only a friendly and we're not going to the Euros this summer……:(

By the way I think we might play Germany later on (may be early June)

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
April 28, put the date in your calendar.

I'll be seeing the Scotland game on SS3 at a friends house. My first NT game since ages. :D

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
CSKA Now said:
is it in Bucharest or Glasgow?
Glasgow. I am curious to see if any Romanians actually turn up. :D

Its being shown live on Sky Sports 3 if you can somehow get it and want to see the game. :)

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts