Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Australia and Turkey Friendly

Well as we all know there will be a friendly:D

But... one thing i don't know is when the tickets will be up for sale. I'm hearing all sorts of rumours, one being they will be up for sale in two weeks and another being they are already for sale and there is only a couple of hundred left:howler:

So does anybody know?

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol I knew it would have been expensive... and everyone was trying to convince me that it would be cheap since it's only a friendly:rolleyes:

Is Ayyildiz still organising a game with them?:howler: :D

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Tolga said:

It's f'd but, the prices range from around $90 - $130 :rollani:
Thats stupid! rather watch it on tv i'm not gonna pay 90 to seat on the top of the mcg! i'd rather go to a concert front row!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Unbelivable!! This is really going to get people through the turnstiles:rolleyes:

Ticket prices start at $67 in Sydney. The seats though are crap - at the ends of Aussie Stadium. Otherwise the price for a decent seat is $90 odd.

I will be watching on TV.

·
Registered
421 Posts
can't be on sale in two weeks the match is on the 25th isnt it?you get can tickets from ticketek and altin kopru and they start from $67 and a decent seat is around $97 as InterOz already said

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Have any of you seen Turkey play before?

btw, not good with currencies how much is $97 in GBP (£) ?

Its probably much more, but anything above £30 is a bump.. :howler: But I guess someof you are desperate enough to see the Milli Takim for the first and maybe only time because Australia ain't qualifying to no World Cup so aren't worth the travel expenses for a friendly.. :tongue: :D :howler: On second thought, I think the tickets are so expensive so Turkey can get the money they spent on this worthless journey.. :tongue: :D

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GunnerKK said:
So is this in Melbourne? If so i may have to pursuade my parents to lemme go....:)
I read a while ago that the match in Sydney would be played on the 21st of May and that a second match would be played in Melbourne on the 24th of May so looks like you should start pursuading them from now;) :D

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How come a family pass isn't avaliable for A Reserve?

·
*the drum drum*
42,565 Posts
There's no damn concession prices for students... :fero:
So why the hell am I going to uni.. If I don't get cheaper tickets, what's the use?! :howler:

If we don't have a manager by then (Ersun Yanal! :fero: ), I think I'll sell my ticket to someone at the door, make my profit and go watch the game at home..
I mean, if we have no manager (meaning Trabzonlu Unal will be in charge), we'll end up seeing a C grade Turkish side with the Cagdas', Murat Hacioglu's and other average players :rollani:

BTW, take a look at this from the Ticketek website :howler:
Price Information
Concession : Aged Pensions, TPI, Disability & Juniors under 16
Family : 2 Adults + 2 Juniors under 16
* No Concessions for Students, Senior Cards or Unemployed
* Under 4 are free on the knee
:wth:

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
C Grade?!! Why would they do that?:sob:

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Mz^BasTuRk said:
C Grade?!! Why would they do that?:sob:
Turkey's been doing this for the last few friendlies.. :eek:

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well if that happens i won't tell my parents about it... don't see them wanting to go if they don't know any of the players:depress:

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I just told my dad he said let them go themselves heh

i'll be having at night at home with a bag of chips and a tv

·
*the drum drum*
42,565 Posts
Argh...

Looking through my old match tickets, I noticed a ticket which will piss you off as much as it did me..

On September 23 of the year 2000, I watched Spain v Italy, in an A Grade seat at Telstra stadium, for just $Au65..
Spain and Italy, the two most high profile teams in the Olympics that year, playing eachother in the quarter final of the damn OLYMPICS...

This is Australia against Turkey in a friendly..
Harry Kewell won't even be here, so why would Australian fans pay $Au90 to go to the game?

And it's not like there's enough Turks to fill the stadium, well, not unless each and every one of them buys a ticket :rollani:

Here's some other ticket prices for those interested :D
  • Sat. 12th June, 1999: Socceroos vs FIFA World Stars @ Stadium Australia (official opening) - (Left Field) $0.00
  • Sun. 18th July, 1999: Man Utd vs Socceroos @ Stadium Australia- (Charity) $0.00
  • Sun. 14th November, 1999: LG Socceroos vs Brazil @ Stadium Australia - (Nike) $0.00
  • Fri. 9th June, 2000: LG Socceroos vs Paraguay @ Sydney Football Stadium - (Comp) $0.00
I'm guessing the (..) represents which sponsor I got the tickets from? :D

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's unbelievable:eek:

They obviously don't know Turks very well... well the ones im surrounded by :howler:
There is no way they will pay that much for the whole family to go, and if the whole family doesn't go nobody does. They won't make much from this, if it were cheaper then they would pull up a massive crowd.

Ohh well maybe if the stadium is empty we can move more forward and get a better seat?:confused: :D

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Mz^BasTuRk said:
Well if that happens i won't tell my parents about it... don't see them wanting to go if they don't know any of the players:depress:
More like, if Basturk ain't playing you won't tell your parents.. :tongue: :D

btw, Of course Turkey is gonna take a rate C team.. I mean, come on.. they are playing Australia.. :tongue: :D :howler:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts