Xtratime Community banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts
Mancio has brought more than that. Should of won this game, but many positives I see.

Now the long wait.

There is a lot to fix in this team and I fear right now we lack top material in crucial positions.
Always been this way. Quite apparent that Mancio and FIGC want to go with the youth movement.

Verdi and Chiesa much skill and pace.

Florenzi can play on the wing in a 3-4-3, and that was why I was asking if Emerson has ever played on the wing. He's good going forward as a left back. Marchisio next to Cristante could be enough muscle and creativity with Chiesa and Bernardeschi next to either center forward. It's an experiment worth trying at least once. With Florenzi and Emerson playing the midfield, it can make an easy transition from 3-4-3 to 5-3-2 if Chiesa drops back in defensive duties when called for. He has the work rate.
no to the first and not realistic to the second
What I was suggesting and referring to was along these lines,

Now it's a 3-5-1 (almost 5-3-1 indeed) with Chiesa wide on the left flank.
Mancini's teams often have and will switch from a 4-3-3 to a 4-5-1, both Bernardeschi and Chiesi have shown that they can make that transition. Florenzi is not a natural right back and more than capable in a 4 or 5 man midfield. See the second leg of the Barcelona quarter final in champions league. a 3-4-3 can also easily become a 3-5-2 with one of the forwards dropping into a wide midfield role. Either Bernardeschi or Chiesi fit those roles. Insigne not so much and haven't seen enough of Verdi to make a conclusion either way. Would like to see Barella crack the lineup sometime soon too. Maybe forget about Berardi for now too and get Orsolini some playing time on the right wing if/when Bernardeschi isn't fit.

How was Cristante in these friendlies?
Didn't get enough playing time, but not timid and aggressive going forward, great assist to Belotti on a goal yesterday that was called back offsides incorrectly.

I would consider

Balotelli Belotti Chiesa (return of the BBC)

as a forward trio if we are to stick with 4-3-3. Belotti looked threatening vs holland
I'd only really like to see that in a 3-5-2 or 4-4-2, if 4-3-3 having Balotelli or Belotti as a false winger would leave that wing way too exposed in my opinion.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.