Xtratime Community banner

Friendlies 28/05 & 01/06 & 04/06 Saudi Arabia & France & the Netherlands

4K views 72 replies 12 participants last post by  ToniSamp 
#1 ·
Friendlies 28/05 & 01/06 & 04/06 Saudi Arabia & France & the Netherlands

20:45 vs Saudi Arabia monday evening.

Mancini said he will start with many young players cause its the only way they can gain the needed experience in these friendlies to go forward.

#2 ·
According to Gazzetta these are the numbers given

Portieri: Sirigu 1; Donnarumma 22; Perin 12

Difensori: Bonucci 19; Caldara 5; Criscito 4; D’Ambrosio 3; De Sciglio 2; Florenzi 24; Romagnoli 6; Rugani 15; Zappacosta 21.

Centrocampisti: Baselli 26; Bonaventura 8; Cristante 23; Jorginho 14; Mandragora 27; Pellegrini 16.

Attaccanti: Balotelli 9; Belotti 11; Berardi 18, Chiesa 25; Insigne 10; Politano 17; Verdi 20; Zaza 7.

#14 ·
Belotti didn't have a good game imo, positano is rubbish from tonights performance, i would of kept insigne on and put cheisa on the right. midfield was mediocre, zappacosta shocking, Romagnoli is solid at the back and balotelli is our star man upfront no questions about it, can't wait until the france game, that will be a real test

#18 ·
They controlled the whole match. Saudi was hardly a threat. Creating was not the problem. There were plenty of opportunities, just the finishing was not great. Cut them some slack. With just a little better finishing it could easily have ended 4-0, but then people would say it's not that great a feat like when they beat Liechtenstein 5-0 or Malta 8-0 or Uruguay 3-0 in June. No one rates those, but this one is a disaster because it was not like those? That makes little sense to me.

#20 ·
Not tap in easy, but the opportunities were there and were rushed. Saudi Arabia was pretty much irrelevant for almost the entire match, not that I would expect more from them. For a first game with a new team, the result being a win is what you want. I expect a much more conservative game tomorrow against France.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.