Xtratime Community banner

Friendlies 23/03 & 27/03 Arg & Eng

5K views 101 replies 14 participants last post by  pavnedved 
#1 ·
#6 ·
Chiellini didn't retire, was never word about that, and he's Italy's best CB. But yeah I'm surprised to see Buffon there for sure.

Nice to see Cutrone there, kid earned it. Expected Caldara and Barella too tho. Gagliardini being called instead if him is bizzare.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

#7 ·
I love Chiellini but he's too old! Come Euro 2020 he'll be 36. Buffon should just retire after these friendlies.

I'm sick of the treatment Balotelli keeps getting. Give the guy another chance. Sure, he messed up in the past but he brings something different than all the other strikers and he's been doing well with Nice.

Gagliardini will continue to be called up until we have a coach who can discern who is worthy and who's not, or until he's consistently on the bench for Inter or shipped off to a smaller team.

#8 ·
these are just friendlies, let's not go crazy over each selection...

if anything, this list is quite filled with new players and the old remaining are perhaps just an indicator that some players might need a little more time

I'm happy that Buffon can get a ceremonial sending off against two class national teams like England and Argentina. I'm sure the English fans would give him a lot of well deserved respect.

#9 · (Edited)
HT 0:0

Argentina: Caballero; Bustos, Otamendi, Fazio, Tagliafico; Paredes, Biglia; Lanzini, Lo Celso, Di Maria, Higuain

Italy: Buffon; Florenzi, Bonucci, Rugani, De Sciglio; Parolo, Verratti, Jorginho; Chiesa, Immobile, Insigne

Buffon has made 4-5 saves so far. Italy started better but Arg is taking control. Immobile is isolated up front and useless. Insigne and Chiesa are playing too deep and seem to care more about defending.

Still feel like Balo would have added different style. Right now even when going forward the balls dont reach Immobile who gets outmuscled too easily.

#15 ·
Quite frankly, once verratti went off..the game went to shit.

Im sick of immobile

I'm sick of the lack of touch and guile and killer instinct in this team.

Immobile is just a good club goalscorer...only in italy too..he's sucked everywhere else.

**** this natonal team..its a joke. Italian players are a joke..they don't know how to play.

#24 · (Edited)
Quite frankly, once verratti went off..the game went to shit.
Meh! As if Verratti had had an impact on this game!

Excellent result. I feared we could win but clearly I was not considering the difference in quality between the two teams. The result is excellent because coaches are sacked when they lose. Not that I think Di Biagio could be evaluated properly in two games. I have rated him before and these two games just have the purpose to get rid of him.
Unfortunately we have a team of hardworkers but it's the champions who win international games and we do not have the Baggios, Tottis and Pirlos. We do not even have a Banega! Not that I rate him highly, but we do not have one player like him. We have Candreva lol. Hopefully the next coach will try to forget that he exists. The next coach should also try the few quality players serie A offers, no matter whether they play for Bologna or Hellas Verona. Our only hope is that they improve badly in terms of consistence.

#19 ·
Insigne is the ultimate fraud of a player. He has 0 bottle. Zilch..

the chance he missed was diabolical

the only player that looked great today was verratti. The rest can **** off. Florenzi cant pass the ball..it was like watching sulley ali muntari out there.

No coach can fix this shit.

#35 ·
I would never get rid of Verratti. This is what Italian football offers right now. The one player the next coach must absolutely get rid of is Candreva, because Candreva right now is a joke. That would be clear to anyone watching serie A games. Other than that hopefully the young players improve and replace the ones who play right now.

#31 ·
Verratti was way hyped. Playing in that no competitive french league doesnt help. Psg dominate it. Then get asses kicked in CL. Verratti included.

He was linked with Barca last year but its almost impossible to buy from PSG. When it comes to starters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.