Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Speculation for most of the best Parma players is that they will leave during this January transfer market, to ease the club's debts.

However Sebastian Frey seems destined to remain with the club till June as he confirmed this right after the match against Inter.

"I will remain wih Parma till June," said the French keeper. "I must finish the season in a great way, just like we started it. Then we shall see."

From Soccerage.com

I also saw Sicignano yesterday which means he hasnt signed for Lecce yet. When will that happend?

Its great that Frey will stay till June. He will probably do a great season and we will cash in much more then.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Shero said:
Speculation for most of the best Parma players is that they will leave during this January transfer market, to ease the club's debts.

However Sebastian Frey seems destined to remain with the club till June as he confirmed this right after the match against Inter.

"I will remain wih Parma till June," said the French keeper. "I must finish the season in a great way, just like we started it. Then we shall see."

From Soccerage.com

I also saw Sicignano yesterday which means he hasnt signed for Lecce yet. When will that happend?

Its great that Frey will stay till June. He will probably do a great season and we will cash in much more then.
Well I think the Amelia deal will take place...and be done this month but no one will move till June...Lecce want to stay in Serie A after all...they will need Amelia. :)

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
I'm pretty sure we won't lose anyone big in January. That would be bad because of several reasons. Not only would it make it harder to sell the club, we would also get much worse deals as the potential buyers won't buy them for big money now when they already have full squads and don't want any cup tied players.

I'm sure the 3 players mentioned by that minister was Adriano, Bonazzoli and Diana as reported.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
To be honest if those are the players who will be going then...:happy:. I mean none of those players we were going to keep in the first place. Bonazzoli critisized the club for not putting their faith in him and choosing Gila and Diana is playing the football he showed at Brescia which got him to Parma and I would think he likes Sampdoria and the direction they are going and wants to be a part of it all.

And Adriano...we always knew he was going...and that's that.
We'll miss him...wish him good luck but not in the successful sense of winning things with Inter :tongue:...I will fear him when Parma play against Inter...:stress: but that life. :(

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
It is vital that he stays until then, especially after last night's great showing, and who knows, depending on who takes over he may stay here.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Amiumtaur said:
It is vital that he stays until then, especially after last night's great showing, and who knows, depending on who takes over he may stay here.
That's not very probable as I think the deal is already done, but we could get great signings instead maybe?

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Possibly. I like De Sanctis myself, but haven't been able to follow his progress this season.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Frey hasn't been sold...and if I find the article where he was interviewed earlier in the season he said he would stay at Parma if they got a CL spot...if they didn't he would consider a move to another club...this was at the time when the whole Chelsea link started.

I wouldn't rule out a stay for him...even if I think he is more likely to leave then stay...there is a chance small but it's better then no chance. :)

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AMOROSO! said:
He's such a fantastic goalkeeper though. Really, trully brilliant. I'll be really sad to see him go. As much as Buffon...
I agree with you but the truth is that Parma is fantastic on finding new keepers and developing them into worldclass.

I am sure we will find a good replacement for Frey. There are a lot of great keepers out there who would cost a little. De Sanctis, Amelia and Cassano is few of them.

The important thing now is that Frey continues play like this. Bit he has wished a transfer for a time and I think we owe him that. If he wants to play for a side that competes for Scudetto I understand. With us he cant achive this kind of dreams.

But who will buy him?!

Every top club in Europ has good keepers. Maybe Barca will bid for him as Rustu hasnt been what they expected. If he goes to Barca he has my wishes.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Losing Frey would never be like losing Buffon. I actually cried when we sold Buffon. I still remember that I was driving my car all alone and started to think about Gigi... :depress:

Losing Frey would be just another one out the window... I actually prefer to not growing too attached to our players these days. I felt closer to the team in the past but this also works. I watch our players as workers who do their job. I don't go around pretending that they love Parma like I do or something. Because they really don't.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well Frey is one of the veterans but he cant be compared to Gigi. To be honest I dont feel much for Gigi when he joined Juve. He showed very little respect when he thanked the Tanzi family because they accepted the offer.

Gigi had NO reasons to leave the team. That year we would qualify for CL and we had a competive team. So I really dont value Gigi high.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Shero said:
Well Frey is one of the veterans but he cant be compared to Gigi. To be honest I dont feel much for Gigi when he joined Juve. He showed very little respect when he thanked the Tanzi family because they accepted the offer.

Gigi had NO reasons to leave the team. That year we would qualify for CL and we had a competive team. So I really dont value Gigi high.
2 Scudetti and one CL final later... Well, he had reason... :(

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
Mate, Gigi was sold. It wasn't his choice. Pure greed by the Tanzis.
According to Buffon; "I was in Australia when Stefano Tanzi called me and asked me if I wanted to play for Juventus....."

You chose what you want to make out of it but I see him as the worst Judas on this planet :fero:

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
Mate, Gigi was sold. It wasn't his choice. Pure greed by the Tanzis.
In retrospect a good deal though. Without it we would be even deeper in the sh!t.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
VERDI said:
2 Scudetti and one CL final later... Well, he had reason... :(
Why should I keep supporting Parma then? Because we obviously don't win?..

It's not like he wasn't beeing payed. He had a great team PLUS we were at the CL damn it.

Like the Parmaguy (the supporter who wrote here) that Buffon apperantly had said during summer that Parma is his life bla bla bla bla but only to move. Buffon was much more then a player for parma. He turned our back and I can only wish him beeing one leg less.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
You're being harsh Minotti...

I still really like Gigi. And Thuram. And Cannavaro. And Hernan. And Sabri.

The only bastard I can't fvcking stand is Di Vaio. But I never really missed him - hell, I didn't like him even when he was with us.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Back to old arguements...:D

Tanzi put the pen in Buffons hand and made him sign for Juve...yep yep.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Thuram -30 (?)
Cannavaro -30 (look at Inters game, it clearly shows that he gave HIS BEST days to US..that I CAN NEVER BE MAD AT )
Sabri -31 God knows how many time he reduced his salary. Plus he was only here for what 3-4 years?
Di Vaio -feck him.. ok he is an exception
Buffon -I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND IT. You expect HIM, not Thuram,not Cannvaro, not Adriano or someone else to be the leader the face of parma. Instead he is the one giving us up.
Crespo -Tanzi made the deal behind his back as crespo was very dissapointed

I loved Buffon, I use to watch all the pic from the games and you could see how he was happy. I could cut my right arm that he would NEVER leave Parma, yet alone for Juventus.

So when something is broke you leave it? (Like Buffon did, while Cannavaro didn't)

1 - 20 of 101 Posts