Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About his future

Sebastien Frey parla del suo futuro: "Leggere che tante squadre mi cercano mi lusinga, ma io credo nel progetto del Parma e voglio restare. Comunque e' la societa' che deve decidere, ma sono convinto che sara' davvero un grande collettivo'. Vedo grandi obiettivi e voglio fare la mia parte".

Translation: "Reading that many clubs want me is an honor, but I believe in the project of Parma and I want to stay. However, its the club that must decide, but I'm convinced that it will really be a great team. I see great objectives and I want to give my contribution."

About Adriano

Sebastian Frey parla di Adriano, nuovo bomber del Parma: "Mi ha impressionato quest'anno e mi fa davvero molto piacere che sia qui con noi la prossima stagione. Si tratta di uno dei giovani piu' promettenti del calcio brasiliano e mondiale. E' logico che sia contento di averlo come compagno piuttosto che come avversario".

Translation: "He impressed me this year and it really gives me a great pleasure that he will be here with us the next season. He is one of the most promising youngsters of the world and brazilian football. Its logical that I'm happy to have him as teammate more than opponent."

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Sounds like he's settled here. Nice to hear.
I'm sure he will stand between the posts next season too, and I'm very happy about it. :)

The goalie situation looks to be the same as last season with Frey in goal and Taffarel as back-up. Which means we have nothing to worry about.
De Lucia will probably be third choice again. I don't think he's ready yet to be loaned out or take the back-up slot. But the season after next maybe.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Sounds very good to me, always thought Frey was very good, and I am glad he wants to play for us.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Thing is hes young and appriciates we took the time to trust himcus when we got him form inter he had dipped in form, he seems to ahve found himslef here at parma nd i think the other young guys will too and if we start to get back up the table and compete progressively i don't see why they won't stay.
Plus it will be all the sweeter when we win lo scudetto this way.
Because in a few years we are gonna hve a kick ass squad :)
Its getting there slowly the pieces are fitting.
With Sacchi at the helm we will go far

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
PARMA look set to make a bid to Premiership champions Arsenal for Austrian goalkeeper Alex Manninger, according to reports in Italy.

The Gialloblu are keen to replace custodian Sebastian Frey with Manninger, who spent this last season on loan with Italian strugglers Fiorentina.

Parma also have the Brazilian Claudio Taffarel and Alfonso De Lucia on the books at the Stadio Ennio Tardini and seem prepared to offer The Gunners around £3.8 million for the Austrian, according to Corriere Dello Sport.

However, much will depend on if Parma will be able to sell Frey, with several clubs interested in the Frenchman, but negotiations are proving to have gone slowly.

Manninger, who fell out-of-favour with Arsene Wenger's side before the start of last season, is still interested in playing in Serie A, despite cash-strapped Fiorentina being relegated to Serie B at the end of the season.

--------------------------------------

Great stuff... :rolleyes:

I refuse to be happy over the transfer market until the new season is here. We can still be royally screwed. So far all we have is a loan deal for Adriano.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Manniger....we have to keep Frey. e can`t find anyone better at his age right now. If we just wait a few years and then sell him we can replace him with de lucia. This young keeper is a hot prespect and i really belive in him. But we should defintly keep frey.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts