Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Said by Frey:
Roma? That would be beautiful, but I'm not the one to decide.

"I know that also Roma are interested in buying me. I must admit that it appeals to me a lot. I would be honoured to play for such a great club, but I have a contract for five seasons with Parma. So it's up to Parma to decide my future.

(Radio Incontro)

I don't know how to interprete this. Maybe he's saying that he wants out of Parma or maybe he's just trying to be nice. It doesn't matter anyway. It's obvious that he's put up for sale if the right offer comes along. Just like Cannavaro, Di Vaio and Nakata. I'm not saying it's wrong though. Prices are going to fall and if we can bring in some serious cash now while we can we will be much better off in the future. It's still a bit sad though...

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
As you said transfer fees aren't as big now as it was only a year ago.
So if we get a bid that is really juicy, then we would likely sell Frey.
But seeing that the deal that got us Frey was the second largest ever for a goalkeeper, Roma should have to fork out a really hefty sum.
I guess Pelizzoli would surely be included in the deal, along with money or some other player eventhough I fail to see what other players may be included in a deal. Probably one of their less useful midfielders. :rolleyes:

But ofcourse I hope Frey stays, and I don't take these statements very serious.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
If Frey goes there is no better replacement than Pelizzoli. He is world class and was just in the u21 championships. If Pelizzoli was to be included I could suffer losing Frey, but other than that a firm no.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
If he goes I would like to see brazil international Marcos. He is playing for Palmeiras I think. He has shown great skills in WC and would be the pefect replacement for Frey. He is 26 years old...

have you seen him in WC?

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
marcos is a good keeper...he would be a fine replacement for frey...but there are a lot of goalkeepers who are better than him...

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Marcos is too uncertain and a player I wouldn't want us to sign. He doesn't come from crosses and just doesn't look good enough.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Marcos is an excellent goalkeeper. The problem is that he occasionaly has these blank periods where everything goes past him. Not a bad choice but not the best either.

Pelizzoli was great with Atalanta but really average with Roma- I mean loosing your place to Antonioli? I also wouldn't trust Generoso Rossi of Venezia.

If we loose Frey I'd like to see someone experienced like Pagliuca. So that when he retires in a couple of years De Lucia will be ready to take over.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Interesting Seb Frey hasnt said anything outlandish like he did at Inter.Inter finnishes 5th he cries like a baby but at Parma they had a poor season NO champions League he didnt say a thing...

Has he actually grown up:eek:.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
No it is because he plays at a team where they actually trust him and don't put blame on him for the mess of their defence. ;)

Anyway, Seba stays. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts