Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Frey's London move imminent

Parma's highly-rated keeper Sebastien Frey believes he is on the brink of sealing a long-awaited move to England.
The former Manchester United target could be heading for Arsenal or Chelsea after changing agents and pinpointing a switch to The Premiership, despite interest from Bayern Munich.

"I signed a mandate with SEM for my contacts in England," he revealed.

"I know that Arsenal and Chelsea are still very interested in buying me.

"I hope it will be fixed soon."

Frey is ineligible for the UEFA Champions League so there is the prospect that Arsenal or Chelsea could sign the Frenchman and loan him back to Parma for the remainder of the season.

Arsene Wenger has been in contact with Frey recently, and Arsenal appear favourites to sign him, placing a question mark over Jens Lehmann's long-term future despite the fact that the German has been quite impressive this term.

Manchester City were keen on Frey before snapping up David James from West Ham, but the agile goalie was not particularly interested in a switch to Eastlands.

"I feel good in Italy, I had my affirmation here and became famous," Frey told Il Giornale on Friday.

"If I wouldn't have played a certain way, I wouldn't be wanted by many clubs.

"But I can't stay as it would be bad for Parma who need money and soon.

"Arsenal or Chelsea, the decision will be in a few days.

"The choice will go to the club who pays better and, especially, up front.

"My valuation is between €10 million and €12 million. This solution is good for me. On one side, I'll find (Claudio) Ranieri, on the other, Wenger.

"One is Italian, the other is French. I won't have any trouble with the language!

"I've already spoken with Wenger - he's waiting for me. Then, at Chelsea, there is (Carlo) Cudicini."

Frey looks destined for London within the next few days, and will certainly be a welcome addition to The Premiership.

"I'd like to finish the season at Parma to help my team-mates and to help the club stay among the top places despite Parmalat's troubles," he added.

"But, if one or the other English clubs will accept to pay my transfer completely and immediately, I'd be obliged to go to London.

"I can't be allowed to be precious."

--------------------------

Good luck Seb! Thanks for everything... :depress:

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Take it easy. I dont think Seba will move. Chelsea cant use him in CL which means they will wait. Arsenal got Lehmann and no money. And Cudicini is a really good keeper so Chelsea isnt in any cris.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Shero said:
Take it easy. I dont think Seba will move. Chelsea cant use him in CL which means they will wait. Arsenal got Lehmann and no money. And Cudicini is a really good keeper so Chelsea isnt in any cris.
Don´t see any sense in an Arsenal bid!?!:confused:

They bought Lehmann, who is performing and he has still a long contract!

But perhaps Wenger wanna build hios personal french NT there...:tongue:

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
LIT said:
Don´t see any sense in an Arsenal bid!?!:confused:

They bought Lehmann, who is performing and he has still a long contract!

But perhaps Wenger wanna build hios personal french NT there...:tongue:
Maybe because he is the most erratic idiot in world football?

Good luck Seba!

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I am a very positive person, but Frey has come up and said that, his even got a new agent to help find him the move, he is out of here.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Amiumtaur said:
I am a very positive person, but Frey has come up and said that, his even got a new agent to help find him the move, he is out of here.
I can't see the real benefits of a move straight away...no CL football only league and cup...

And...Chelsea have no need for him now...Cudicini can more then cope. :) But I know come June he will be gone...that's for sure but January sale...seems really unbenificial to me both for Parma and Chelsea.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
But, if what Marten said is true in his new thread about being in even more "financial shit", then the players don't get a choice, and for Chelsea they can buy him at the cheapest because we HAVE to SELL.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Amiumtaur said:
But, if what Marten said is true in his new thread about being in even more "financial shit", then the players don't get a choice, and for Chelsea they can buy him at the cheapest because we HAVE to SELL.
That will affect us...but we have to see how it develops as of yet Parma aren't yet being told to foot the bill...and as with Italian bureaucracy anything can happen...:eek: :groan:

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
Now, this is the attitude I like to see from a player.

FORZA SEBA!

I really do hope he finishes the season with us...
Well, He has higher ambition than us. I wish him all luck.:(

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Yeah as long as he stays till June...it's :cool:. Oh and Roman throwing us a bone worth 10m+ :tongue:

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
It's only words AMO, hardly worth getting excited about someone who says he'd like to stay & help us get into the CL but actually he's got a big fat sign on fee waiting for me in London so he'll go "for the good of the club".

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
cam said:
It's only words AMO, hardly worth getting excited about someone who says he'd like to stay & help us get into the CL but actually he's got a big fat sign on fee waiting for me in London so he'll go "for the good of the club".
Agree.:(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts