Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parma goalkeeper Sebastien Frey is today being linked with a summer switch to former club Inter.

The Nerazzurri are being associated with a new ‘keeper given the performances of Francesco Toldo.

The Italian No 2 has had a poor season by his own high standards and he has made some costly errors.

That may see the struggling Italian giants opt for a goalkeeping change for the new season in a bid to become competitive again.

Inter were linked with Rennes shot stopper Petr Cech in the past but he has opted to sign for Chelsea in the summer.

The London club have therefore subsequently ended their interest in Frey who will leave Parma given the Tardini outfit’s financial situation.

Although Frey has also been linked with Arsenal and Bayern Munich, the Frenchman may decide to stay in Italy.

The 23-year-old left Inter in 2001 after a difficult campaign but he has excelled at the Stadio Tardini.

However, it seems that Frey is not Inter’s only option as they could also make a move for Christian Abbiati.

Although the Milan ‘keeper is set to travel to Euro 2004 as Azzurri No 3, he is only the reserve to Dida with the Rossoneri.

Inter may offer their city rivals the services of Julio Cruz - given their numerous attacking options - in an attempt to net Abbiati in a swap deal.

I really don't belive this. Toldo has at least 2 or 3 good years left. But if this really is true, I belive Frey would like to move back. Inter is also intrested in Abbiati and De Sanctis. There are rumours saying that Inter would offer us a player and money in exchange for Frey, I doubt this. If we are going to sell player it will only be for money.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Well, Frey is the second best goalkeeper in Serie A behind Buffon, and it's only natural that he attracts attention.

However, given the past history of the two parties, I think neither Frey nor Inter would consider this.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AMOROSO! said:
Well, Frey is the second best goalkeeper in Serie A behind Buffon, and it's only natural that he attracts attention.

However, given the past history of the two parties, I think neither Frey nor Inter would consider this.
Frey would I think. He wants to prove his capacity after the years he failed there. He is a more mature and a better keeper now. But to be honest I rather see him moving to Arsenal. He would develop more there and have a better chance winning titles.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Frey was treated like shít by a fickle club with some of the most fickle supporters. If he goes back there, he's a bloody loony, he'd do much better replacing Oli Kahn at Bayern, or else if Barca get their act together going there.

Plus I would hate to see another Parma player in Nerazzuri colours:sob:

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
I can see it happening to be perfectly honest...

Since Frey is leaving in the summer I think Inter could well be his destination if Inter off-load Toldo who has been crap this season.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
I agree why should Frey return to Inter,Are things going to change I doubt it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts