Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
42,192 Posts
And German football is going down thanks to French players at German teams :) how ironic

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
I would say that OL is better than any german team at the moment for sure.
And that the french clubs were better than the german ones over the last 2-3 years is a matter of fact that no one can deny. So at the moment, i would say yes - the french league is better than the german Bundesliga.

On the other hand, the french league looks more and more like a 'one team event' - Lyon all the way and no other team comes close. The Lyon dominance in France has gotten even bigger than the Bayern dominance in Germany. And this single team dominance is very dangerous for the overall level of a league - we can see that in Germany. While stiff competition does help to create a better football, a single team dominance does lower the level of all the teams in the league because the top team becomes used to win every match, is never really challenged and getting bigger and bigger in the home league - but this does not apply to the CL.
The smaller teams are losing more and more ground to the big one and are not able to keep up with it at all, because the single big team is making so much more money, buys the best players from other teams just to weaken them and so on. They are getting weaker and weaker also on european level - Bayern and the Bundesliga is the prime example for this.

·
Registered
203 Posts
The French sides have displayed good performance in the UEFA Cup every year.
But the Bundesliga sides have been crap.
That's why France is higher than the Bundesliga.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
French football produces 10 times the amount of quality players tht Germany produces therefore is a better league.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
They export way more players aswell too. Probably due to the close connection the french teams have to the african continent, that enables them to always get the best talents in Africa. While german clubs often are after the south american players, and in that market they are after the spanish, portugese and even italian clubs who always get the best players from that continent.

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
That can be an explanation. I think i have read there was something like 25% of the players in Ligue 2 coming from Africa. And in ligue 1 i would not be surprised if this figure comes around 20%. I think the French market is maybe cheaper, with lower wages.

But anyway theses coefficient are not head to head results, just an indication. French teams in europe are doing pretty well for 3 years but we were crap upper crap during fews years before. If Lyon does not qualify over Milan, i won't rate them higher than Bayern. And don't forget that Werder were just from one blunder to qualify over Juventus. They are a reliable side at this level too.

·
Registered
353 Posts
french football is superior to germany right now, just look at germanys national side, only ballack is world class now, but these things go around like a roundabout, so expect Bayern munich to win the European cup within the next 10 years, remember both bayern and Dortmund have climbed the mountain in the last 10 years how many french sides have?

The game is still huge in germany and probably still has the best average attendances in europe

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Juan Kuzzoff said:
The game is still huge in germany and probably still has the best average attendances in europe
Thats one of the few positive things about the german game nowadays. Dortmund has an average of over 70.000. The country has by far the highest attendance numbers in Europe.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
HAAAAAAAAA! thts funny AJ! Scotland wud be lucky to scrape into top 10 and as if England is ahead of Italy! And to put Germany ahed of France and SPAIN, well thts jus an utter sin.
Ur a funny guy! really

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Germany doesnt have the highest attendances by far does it! its like 2000 difference to England!

·
Registered
353 Posts
The english pay far more to get into games, thats probably why we pay more to European coffers then anyone else, lets not pitter patty about all the leagues, its obvious France has the edge of Germany this Year, but the only way to really rate leagues against each other at the moment is how each countrys teams perform in the champs league, and there fore Italy must be rated above my EPL this year. The Difference between England, Italy and Spain is so small its the only real way

1 - 16 of 16 Posts