Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28,215 Posts
Brilliant stuff mate, as always. Shame this forum doesn't appreciate real knowledge and you have idiots creating stupid threads 24/7.

I will read through in more detail and look forward to the next part. :)

·
Registered
55,697 Posts
indeed, that is well documented.
maybe we will hear also about auxerre which had also some glorious moments and never have been really well treated by refeerring.

·
Registered
28,215 Posts
Now a question...

Why does France not have a better record in all the European Cups especially when compared to its neighbours, most notably Italy, Spain and Germany. Even Portugal and Holland have done better.

Only two winners ever and that was in the early to mid 90s, arguably the best period for French club sides. The NT has always been solid, maybe not always in the top 5 in the world but neither was Holland, Portugal or even Spain. What is it, is the competition too even that a side can't build a strong team over a period, or because it's a selling league for the most part? Money maybe, when OM and PSG in the 90s had funds they were strong no doubt. Did they lack the physical or cynical element to be more successful?

Anyways, I always found it quite an amazing that a country with such great talent couldn't do better in Euro Cups.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
indeed, that is well documented.
maybe we will hear also about auxerre which had also some glorious moments and never have been really well treated by refeerring.
Yes indeed, it's well documented, thank you. And, I slowed down for I don't put more pics.

Also to me, it was naturally a point of honour for I don't copy/paste even if 1 or 2 sentences are just picked and slightly modified (but after all, that was all the same in all the press of that time).
Finally I precise one more time, obviously to all, it's only a «reminder» wich takes the form of a kind of time-line with some words here and there. Once again it's all only about facts to be briefly exposed and compilated, so it has obviously only the value of a «document» in wich I hope there's not too much mistakes.

Ah, AJA, its first big moment is very near. In the time-line, not necessary in my schedule, forgive me. But it will be done:thumbsup:. Vive Guy Roux!

Now a question...
First of all, thanks for the compliment.

Your question is about to tell itself some answers.

Holland and Portugal: I think they have 3-4 teams wich have no doubt to play an European cup each year, maybe they are more liberated to play it when french clubs live in a constant anxiety to do well in the championship to make they will be european one more year or to be not relegated.

Cynical/physical: yes, I'd say the both. But not to be categorical. It's not a sufficient reason and obviously that raises many interesting points to discuss.

I guess the analysis of the psychology of the Nation or something like that could enlight some stuffs. Agreed?

·
Registered
28,215 Posts
First of all, thanks for the compliment.

Your question is about to tell itself some answers.

Holland and Portugal: I think they have 3-4 teams wich have no doubt to play an European cup each year, maybe they are more liberated to play it when french clubs live in a constant anxiety to do well in the championship to make they will be european one more year or to be not relegated.

Cynical/physical: yes, I'd say the both. But not to be categorical. It's not a sufficient reason and obviously that raises many interesting points to discuss.

I guess the analysis of the psychology of the Nation or something like that could enlight some stuffs. Agreed?
So I was kind of on the right track, thanks man. :)

·
Roland Romeyer
1,517 Posts
Well done wm442433, awesome stuff :thumbsup:

ASSE-KIEV :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts