Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With only 1,000 tickets being sold up to today, the IFA is quite nervous that it will lose money and it will be an embarrasment to have a friendly go on. Especialy since this friendly would finally finish the Avraham Grant era in the National Team.

There has been suggestion that the IFA give out tickets for free in order to have people come. Frankly, it would be embarrasing, since the first 5 minutes before the game will probably be dedicated to Grant for his good work (debatable) with the team. Given that notion, with having a small crowd..its hard to actually predict what will happen really...

For the most part, it will be very intresting if people will actually go for free. since the game has no barring, although Denmark is a good game to see in either case.

If it were up to me, and you actually wanted 48,000 fans coming in......i can arrange some aravim from the gallile to come in the game and show there enthuasiam for soccer and the ever so famous danish flag. Infact, it might be a win for us....but also a win at getting a good 10 year ban from home games :howler:

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Well it is in the middle of the week, a friendly match where the team will be different from the next campaign so it is not so attractive to pack up or even bring a big amount of fans. I believe there will be more than 5,000 at the game.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right now it is unsure what will happen.
Its only 1,000 coming.
This is lower than the Armenian friendly we had....and even with that the Armenian community in Israel came to see it...

Wheres the Vibrant Danish community in Israel? :confused:

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
On Channel 5+ tonight they had a nice discussion about the terrible marketing the IFA has been doing. 100 NIS for a ticket, pathetic ad in the newspaper, etc. No wonder noone wants to watch this game. Not to mention Ramat Gan shouldn't be used for friendlies, we need to play in other places more often: Haifa, Beit She'an, Ashkelon, etc.

Beitar brought 20,000 fans for a feckin' friendly 2 weeks ago, it's just getting the right things done. Of course the IFA heads are as clueless as always.

·
Registered
947 Posts
yeah i also don't like it that israel plays their friendlies always in ramat-gan.
why not teddy, kiryat eliezer or bloomfield sometimes ?

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, i agree. We need to market the game more. Get to go see the game better. Its not just that you can fill up the stands just then. You gotta give incentives..get companies involved and give out stuff for the people. I liked the Pelephone Israel jersey. It was basic, and it cost goorot, but it brought so many fans...

infact....lets have what airlines are having...
you have points to go to the game. Use the points on some other basis...so when you got to like 5 games (500 shekels) you get to go to one game for free....
but its a game no one wants to go too...like Israel vs. Tajikistan for all i care

·
Registered
46 Posts
i think they should bring teams like Italy, then people will go

but seriously, if you give something for free, like a t-shirt, i guarantee 20,000 will show up at least, that's just how us israelis are

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kingboris2 said:

but seriously, if you give something for free, like a t-shirt, i guarantee 20,000 will show up at least, that's just how us israelis are

Just as i mentioned.
You give them a soccer ball or something and they will come...

The Yankess and Blue jays have that all the time. You get bats and balls and bags and hats and all those whacky shit.
Fact is that it didnt cost them more than 50,000 to produce and it can be made up on beer and chips throughout the game :D no honestly....

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
kingboris2 said:

Certainly the Italian NT would attract more people, but Denmark is a respectable team that is very strong. They had a tough group for the WC and too bad they didn´t qualify. But above all the fans should go to the game because they play an attractive football and this should already be a reason to go. Italy is strong and has excellent players, but their NT play in a conservative way, so afterall Denmark plays in a more attractive manner.

Anyways they are estimating about 10,000 - 12,000 fans at Ramat Gan tommorow.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hopefully it would be a good game. Alot will come. But the fact that Grant is respecing his contract and the fact that our current coach is going to see Russia dont add alot......

I mean...this game is more fruitless than fruitless

1 - 10 of 10 Posts