·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
674 Posts
Past prognostications

Hern, on your link above to an old post (April) where Freddie D. gave his wildly inaccurate prediction, JureM and I had a few comments about the loss of Reyna and Stewart. Our consensus was that it was not as damaging as people might feel. I wanted a hardernosed player than Reyna, both us liked Stewart, but thought our other guys could step up. Boy, did they ever?!
(No inkling that Pablo would play such a key role!)

Some other guys seemed interchangeable even at that time. Little did we know that Bruce was working so hard on lots of different combos.

Oldplayer

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
OP you should have read my post "ON TO KOREA" when OSF posted his thought on the loss of Reyna giving us no chance.

·
Registered
674 Posts
PaulMay,

Just re-read your On To Korea post. I remember that whole discussion. (Pope and Agoos did step up.)

That's OSF for you, though!

Oldplayer

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Yah I forgot to mention Mast. He is that hard nose defencive mid that we have been looking for. Now if we could put a rocket up his butt he would be brilliant.

·
Registered
541 Posts
To me, the biggest difference has been the play of Tony S and Frankie H. They have performed better than they ever showed during qualifying. They have kept our flanks protected. Stay home boys, we need a shutout Friday.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Your absolutely right Kerry, they have been playing above themselves or maybe its they were playing below themselves in the qualifiers. Also the play of Mcbride and Stewart have been nothing short of Brilliant.

OSF even if we fail now I think this has been a good WC showing thus far. I still wont be happy until we reach the Quaters though.

I now know that the US will finally know when we have arrived at the ellite scale.....When We finally have a player playing in the Nike cage matches, or end up with footballitis;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts